Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭inexperienced

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm currently hovering on the homepage where it tells me the girl I've been messaging is online, wondering why she's not replying to the message I sent about an hour ago...
    messageback.....

maybe she's wondering how come you havent yet asked her out for a date!:D

ok, now, back to my question, if you have already met the person in 'real life', and you see them online, what would u do? or just pretend nothing? at this stage, no more messages between you two because you two have already met in person!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

She could be online by accident.
    I sometime log in on my phone and forget to close the app - I show up as online and when I turn on my laptop I've got angry messages from people I was allegedly ignoring :rolleyes:

Uhm.. if you just got one now, sorry about that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

ok, now, back to my question, if you have already met the person in 'real life', and you see them online, what would u do? or just pretend nothing? at this stage, no more messages between you two because you two have already met in person!!??

It's a good question. If I've met them in person and it seems to have gone well, I actually stay away from the online dating website. Genuinely. I don't look at it. If however I met the person and it didn't work out, or if I'm unsure how it went (i.e. she-likes-me, she-likes-me-not type uncertainty), then I'm open to logging in if I feel like it. The website is only there to facilitate the introduction as far as I can see. Once the introduction has been effected, I discard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Uhm.. if you just got one now, sorry about that :o

you've never sent me any messages :(

you've never sent me any messages :(

I've been messaging 4 different women back n' forth this week and they've all managed to royally feck up my head each in their own individual ways... Damned if I'm gonna message another!

• Advertisement

I'm currently hovering on the homepage where it tells me the girl I've been messaging is online, wondering why she's not replying to the message I sent about an hour ago...

*attempts psychic powers*

messagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessageback
    messagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessagebackmessageback.....

Alright it worked!!!

sp3.jpg&sa=X&ei=xd65TYOcO9OEhQegxsySCw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEWowMCN55UWd3p7ZpuXE5huLXL3g

I've been messaging 4 different women back n' forth this week and they've all managed to royally feck up my head each in their own individual ways... Damned if I'm gonna message another!

:rolleyes: Herein lies your error, if you'd just messaged me you'd be sorted lol

I've been avoiding OKC this week, I'm supposed to be concentrating on my exams (you can all see how well that is working out for me:rolleyes:)
    This is the downside of having a hectic life, no real time for a social life and even my internet dating adventures are being curtailed.
    :(

I'm glad there are actually exams on, becacause all I've been hearing lately is "We'll mee up after the exams" :pac:

Jeez, will you two just PM each other, arrange a date and kindly stop HOGGING the thread! :P

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Been using OKC and PoF on and off for a while now, although there's not really a huge amount in Galway. Had a couple of dates but none really went anywhere, either I wasn't into it or the girl just wanted some sexy time and nothing more, which is fine.

There's one thing though that's happened me a lot recently and I cannot understand it at all. I message a girl, get a seemingly positive reply, message back to her again... and then it stops. Confuses the hell outta me. Especially this week, when I was messaging a girl who I seemed to have quite a bit in common with, not just the usual "I like TV and drinking and nice people", (and she was hawt:pac:), two replys from her, then nothing (obviously she's been online several times since). It was all in less than a day so I assumed that was too quickly to be asking her out... Confoosed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That seems to happen a lot. I've had it happen me and a good few others have mentioned it on here as well.

I had a similar but slightly different story with a girl the other week. Sent a few messages back and forth, then she just deleted her profile! So you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Actually been talking to a really nice, Wicklow girl the last few days. So her being very local to me is a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Had lots of messages on POF and OK....................
    I wasnt interested/attracted to any of them :(

Date was cancelled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Misticles wrote: »
    Had lots of messages on POF and OK....................
    I wasnt interested/attracted to any of them :(

Sure thats bound to happen,how long have you been on the sites Misti?

Date was cancelled :(

What happened? :(

What happened? :(

Dunno, just got back from my exam with a "sorry I need to cancel, chat to you again" message
    It's hardly something last minute, it wasn't till next weekend :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:( sorry to hear that.did you text back?

:( sorry to hear that.did you text back?

Just did a "thanks for letting me know", no point saying anything else really

Thats it!

angry-mob.jpg&sa=X&ei=gQe7TfCLDoiGhQfls_C8BQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGHQ4NebBv61z1V6zuFifyzwkepDg

• Advertisement

Annoying when that happens. I've never done it to anyone. If I arrange a second date, I stick to it. Hopefully my second date on Sunday won't be cancelled like yours was, Morrigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

What length of time is "right" before you ask someone to meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The same lenght as a piece of string.
    From my experience it just depends on how well you are getting on, in the past I'd played it slow messaging people for a good while before suggesting meeting up and some seemed to lose interest, then last year someone messaged me mid december and we seemed to be getting on great within the first few days so I figured "go for it", so within tens days of the first message I asked her for a drink. And five months later she's very happily stuck with me and the two of us are getting on amazing.

At the end of the day there's no hard and fast rule. (well except from being careful who you tell you are going on a date- it was very embarrassing asking her at the last minute could we meet somewhere else as a hammered friend of mine invited himeself along)

Gillo wrote: »
    The same lenght as a piece of string.
    From my experience it just depends on how well you are getting on, in the past I'd played it slow messaging people for a good while before suggesting meeting up and some seemed to lose interest, then last year someone messaged me mid december and we seemed to be getting on great within the first few days so I figured "go for it", so within tens days of the first message I asked her for a drink. And five months later she's very happily stuck with me and the two of us are getting on amazing.

At the end of the day there's no hard and fast rule. (well except from being careful who you tell you are going on a date- it was very embarrassing asking her at the last minute could we meet somewhere else as a hammered friend of mine invited himeself along)

Gillo ya might wanna disable your profile at this point then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ha ha I haven't logged in since December thats for thinking of that!!

EDIT- done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Companero

Here's a blog post that sums up the Online 'scene' quite nicely.

http://barrys**tpeas.blogspot.com

You'll have to type it in yourself, as we are not allowed to use that word on this website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Met one guy after only talking for two days.met another after talking for about 6weeks. Both were disasters :D

Met one guy after only talking for two days.met another after talking for about 6weeks. Both were disasters :D

Sorry to hear that! Least you had the guts to go and meet them though.

as Gillo says, it could be anything. I think (and I have been told this up front by women using such sites) i's better to do it relatively quickly, lest ye be sucked into the "friend zone!" :eek:

• Advertisement

as Gillo says, it could be anything. I think (and I have been told this up front by women using such sites) i's better to do it relatively quickly, lest ye be sucked into the "friend zone!" :eek:

I feckin hate that zone. **shakes fist at zone**

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement