Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

papagormo wrote: »
    I'm merely playing a devil's advocate on the reasoning behind not having a picture up! :D

Just to cover all bases, some attractive girls don't put up pictures to cut out guys emailing specifically because they are hot. They like guys to email because of similar interests etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'm merely playing a devil's advocate on the reasoning behind not having a picture up! :D

I'd google that phrase if I were you, find out what it means :rolleyes:
    I won't put my pics public on pof and I have good reason for that (actually two good reasons), they are however, public on OKC.

Advocate that situation there young fella will ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I won't put my pics public on pof and I have good reason for that (actually two good reasons), they are however, public on OKC.

The oul Wiki:
    a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with, just for the sake of argument
    Near enough for me!;)
    I'll seek you out on OKC sometime and award you with something, purely because I'm a good person who wants to have a gawk at your profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'll seek you out on OKC sometime and award you with something, purely because I'm a good person who wants to have a gawk at your profile!

:rolleyes: Jesus another one!!

btw, you missed the rest of the definition ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

btw, you missed the rest of the definition ;)

Fine, I won't bother me árse!:p
    Fine so, I'll use the more simplistic version as taken from dictionary.com
    a person who advocates an opposing or unpopular cause for the sake of argument or to expose it to a thorough examination.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wednesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Gonna delete my profile on POF I think. Really can't handle some of the woeful txt spk messages coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Galvasean wrote: »
    Wednesday :D

Business time? :p (0.20sec)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

swapple wrote: »
    Business time? :p

No no, this is a classy lady. Gotta romantacise her first!
    Then, after being engaged for only five years... I shall have the audacity to touch her! :eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I took the plunge and joined OKC yesterday.

I've noticed that pretty much all the girls I've checked out and fancied on it have gotten their brainteaser questions wrong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I think I've just had the quickest date organised in my life... Got talking to a girl on POF around 10p.m. last night, a few messages went back and forth, two hours later we're arranging a date... Crazy!
    I'm not complaining though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

can someone tell how to delete off POF? I can't find this so called resign button :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

All this hooplah makes me curious now.

*commences stalking*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Misticles wrote: »
    can someone tell how to delete off POF? I can't find this so called resign button :/

Its a bit arsey to find alright but IIRC you need to go through a couple of different pages starting at the FAQ section.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭inexperienced

hey, i dont put my pic on too.

because:
    1. i dont want to deal with too many messages.
    2. i would prefer a guy who like my profile and send me message.
    3. i went out with a guy before from the same web site for a little while.

but i do give photos quite quickly if the guys ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Gonna delete my profile on POF I think. Really can't handle some of the woeful txt spk messages coming through.

Ha ha I know what you mean / or should that be.. lol i knw wot u mean!

ah dont delete, Im on it!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I've been using OKC for a few weeks. I met up with a bloke from it a few times, he's real nice and sweet.
    But you really have to drag a conversation out of him. I'm fairly chatty but I don't want to be doing all the talking.....

I thought he was just shy to begin, but I'm not so sure anymore.:rolleyes:

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I've been using OKC for a few weeks. I met up with a bloke from it a few times, he's real nice and sweet.
    But you really have to drag a conversation out of him. I'm fairly chatty but I don't want to be doing all the talking.....

get him drunk, the truth will out ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Ha ha I know what you mean / or should that be.. lol i knw wot u mean!

ah dont delete, Im on it!;)

It drives me insane. That and the "Hi babez, ur cute" messages. Flattered, but how about more than a one line message? I'll give it until Sunday and then delete it probably.

It drives me insane. That and the "Hi babez, ur cute" messages. Flattered, but how about more than a one line message? I'll give it until Sunday and then delete it probably.

A lot of the guys seem to just want to email/text.. whats that all about? then some of them send their first message and say 'Do you want to go for a drink'? Ehh.. someone in between the two extremes would be good :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Denisejcc wrote: »
    get him drunk, the truth will out ;):D

I tried that already :p:pac:
    It's a shame as he's real nice... But every time I ask him something, you either get a yes or no reply or just a short one sentence reply, so I think I'll just move on to my next victim now:P

I tried that already :p:pac:
    It's a shame as he's real nice... But every time I ask him something, you either get a yes or no reply or just a short one sentence reply, so I think I'll just move on to my next victim now:P

Thats a shame, you can only have so many of those painful conversations, tough going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Haven't been on POF in months.as soon as I get my internet sorted i'll message everyone back and finally delete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

How many times have you met up with him?If it's only 3 or so then he could be still quite nervous.
    Personally speaking, I can be verbally retarded for at least the first four dates, after that then I start getting more comfortable with the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

panda100 wrote: »
    How many times have you met up with him?If it's only 3 or so then he could be still quite nervous.
    Personally speaking, I can be verbally retarded for at least the first four dates, after that then I start getting more comfortable with the person.

Ah by the 3rd date with someone i personally think you should be feeling comfortable to a certain degree with them, definetly shouldnt have to be dragging the conversation out of them, should be able to bounce of one another naturally really.

I usually know afte the 1st date if im combatible with someone or not, ill alway be really nervous the first date but generally after the 1st half hour that will have faded and ill be jabbering away.

panda100 wrote: »

I've met him 4 times now. He's been to my house as well.
    I was asking my males mates about it and they reckon it's because I can be intimidating:confused: I hope that's the reason though....
    Ah by the 3rd date with someone i personally think you should be feeling comfortable to a certain degree with them, definetly shouldnt have to be dragging the conversation out of them, should be able to bounce of one another naturally really.

I usually know afte the 1st date if im combatible with someone or not, ill alway be really nervous the first date but generally after the 1st half hour that will have faded and ill be jabbering away.

Yes I agree, it'd be nice to have him ask me a few questions or talk about himself a bit more, without me having to ask.:)

I wouldn't be nervous really before a date, but I reckon he was. But I was hoping that'd he'd relax a bit more by now.

Quick question for people on here, right so i have met a woman of one these sites (yes a real woman:D) now were not in a serious relationship or anything yet, but have been out together a good bit at this stage so it looking promising.

My prob is before i met up with her i was also talking to numerous other women, who i havent really mailed back in the last week or two, how do most people deal with this? I dont want to be an ass and just not wb to them but nor do i want to lead them on by mailing them back once in a blue moon until i know whats happening with the one at the momment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...it'd be nice to have him ask me a few questions or talk about himself a bit more, without me having to ask...

I suggest you allow the pregnant pauses. If he still hasn't anything to say after four dates and he doesn't get the picture, I'd give him the heave-ho. You'd never know- he might talk up a storm if you give him the stage.

cantdecide wrote: »
    I suggest you allow the pregnant pauses. If he still hasn't anything to say after four dates and he doesn't get the picture, I'd give him the heave-ho. You'd never know- he might talk up a storm if you give him the stage.

Thanks I know what you mean, and I've tried that but still nothing. Yup I don't think I'll be seeing him again.

• Advertisement

Thanks I know what you mean, and I've tried that but still nothing. Yup I don't think I'll be seeing him again.

Before you do decide to give hime the heave ho, would you not just say it to him, that you find him very quiet and ask him is that just the way he is or is he nervous? Because going by your previous posts you do seem to like him to some degree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement