Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Galvasean wrote: »
    Why yes, got a text off her confirming this morning.
    Woke me up too. I hate her already :/

And after working yourself into a tizzy Galva.

Let that be a lesson to everyone!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I've disabled my profiles today (or at least with pof I'm not gonna log in again :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

And after working yourself into a tizzy Galva.

Let that be a lesson to everyone!

'Twas overreaction on my part. Been in situations where stuff like that happened before and was expecting history to repeat itself.
    Permission to get excited again guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

'Twas overreaction on my part. Been in situations where stuff like that happened before and was expecting history to repeat itself.

Yeah okay if you must! (Sooooo jealous lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:mad: fine.

just don't rub it in our bitter faces ok

• Advertisement

Pfft, I'm jealous of future me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Pfft, I'm jealous of future me...

Enjoy and good luck and all!

What a lovely day for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Met one guy after only talking for two days.met another after talking for about 6weeks. Both were disasters :D

why pray tell were they disasters?

Irish women have such high expectations and if its not love at first sight its seemingly not worth pursuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I've disabled my profiles today (or at least with pof I'm not gonna log in again :rolleyes:)

Yeh why did you disable your profiles today? Ive always found online dating thing good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ah Im only ragging you man,Ive been there and done that.
    Fuinseog wrote: »

Irish women have such high expectations and if its not love at first sight its seemingly not worth pursuing.

Mod hat

Silly generalistions like that are neither helpful nor accurate so kindly refrain from using them.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Yeh why did you disable your profiles today? Ive always found online dating thing good.

I haven't recently, between the "sex only" seekers, the cancellations of dates and the being stood up, my poor ego can't take anymore at the minute.

I might go back, I might not - I haven't decided as yet.

I haven't recently, between the "sex only" seekers, the cancellations of dates and the being stood up, my poor ego can't take anymore at the minute.

Ouch no wonder you want a break i cant argue with that logic, ive never had the displeasure of being stood up hope i never do.

But then again id always try find the positives and by not being on it could be missing out on something thats worth finding. Im sure there must some decent men on there even if you do have to crawl through the mud to get to them :).

I took a break from it for a few weeks (hid profiles) a while back and I'm not sure why but things have been going a lot better since starting up again. Fresh perspective maybe?

Ouch no wonder you want a break i cant argue with that logic, ive never had the displeasure of being stood up hope i never do.

But then again id always try find the positives and by not being on it could be missing out on something thats worth finding. Im sure there must some decent men on there even if you do have to crawl through the mud to get to them :).

I'm sure there are some great guys on there, but right now I'm sick of dealing with the messers and I'd hate to take out my cynical view right now on a nice guy.

I took a break from it for a few weeks (hid profiles) a while back and I'm not sure why but things have been going a lot better since starting up again. Fresh perspective maybe?

yeah maybe

I'm sure there are some great guys on there, but right now I'm sick of dealing with the messers and I'd hate to take out my cynical view right now on a nice guy.

Yeh that makes a lot of sense who knows like galvasean just said maybe in a few weeks youll go back on with fresh perspective and it will work out a lot better for you.

p.s Good luck tonight galvasean hope all goes well.

p.s Good luck tonight galvasean hope all goes well.

Of course it will go well. They all go well.
    tenner says I never hear from her again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Good luck tonight Galva :D

Definitely not about high expectations.first guy got nasty when he forced me to admit I didn't really fancy him,ended with me crying and running to the bathroom. Second i'd bought more rounds than him and apparently that was rude of me.gave me a telling off for it.disaster is too strong a word but nevertheless I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder what email address I signed up with on PoF? Will sign in and see if I got any messages.
    If you don't like what you see/hear from the other person, why continue it if you know you'll be ending it shortly anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Of course it will go well. They all go well.
    tenner says I never hear from her again

If she shows up wearing this will you propose on the night?

ppmockupf_500x500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Definitely not about high expectations.first guy got nasty when he forced me to admit I didn't really fancy him,ended with me crying and running to the bathroom. Second i'd bought more rounds than him and apparently that was rude of me.gave me a telling off for it.disaster is too strong a word but nevertheless I give up.

That's unbelievable behaviour. Disgraceful. Don't let it put you off. Among my male friends, not only would they not behave like this, but if we knew of it we'd be having a word to cop on and mind your manners.

That's unbelievable behaviour. Disgraceful. Don't let it put you off. Among my male friends, not only would they not behave like this, but if we knew of it we'd be having a word to cop on and mind your manners.
    Ah it's just not a good way to meet people as far as i'm concerned.you cant get to know a personality over text,sense of humour,and hard to tell if you fancy someone from one or two pics.thats just my conclusion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

the_syco wrote: »
    I wonder what email address I signed up with on PoF? Will sign in and see if I got any messages.

If you don't like what you see/hear from the other person, why continue it if you know you'll be ending it shortly anyway?

personally I get a feel for the person before meeting them. If we disagree on a few points here and there, its not a problem. Live and let live. I just have the feeling some Irish women are looking for the perfect partner and are not willing to accept anything less, which is why a lot of Irish guys are going for foreign women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

personally I get a feel for the person before meeting them. If we disagree on a few points here and there, its not a problem. Live and let live. I just have the feeling some Irish women are looking for the perfect partner and are not willing to accept anything less, which is why a lot of Irish guys are going for foreign women.

And what, that means guys aren't looking for their perfect partner and just want to settle for anyone who smiles at them and looks nice?

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to imply here - we're all searching for people who suit us, and there's billions of people in the world - why settle? I mean, let's be clear, every human on the planet knows that actual perfection is unattainable, but it doesn't mean we can't try our best to come as close to it as possible and decide which compromises we're willing to make and which ones we're not. And simply going by numbers, there's a pretty good chance of you finding yourself not having to settle.

When people say things like that I can't help but think they either a) feel entitled to any girl they like the look of, or b) are just really bitter after having been fobbed off a few too many times and fail to understand that just because some people are asshats doesn't mean everyone is. Otherwise, it just doesn't make much sense to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

like who? I dont know a single person in my group of friends who goes for foreign women over Irish ones specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Same as that I don't know anyone who goes specifically for foreign folks and them alone.

Know ones who have dated foreigners maybe once or twice but they just occured, wasn't like any of them set out to find a foreigner. Just happened like how you meet anyone else.

Well I am back. No horror stories. She looked exactly as she does in her profilers. Good start.
    We went for coffee. It was a bit awkward for maybe 2 minutes, but we got chatty pretty quickly. Lots of similar interests in TV, music, movies. She got all of my more 'off-beat' humour (nerdy references FTW). The time flew in. We decided to go to the cinema and see Thor. She loved it. Walked her to her bus stop and waited with her until her bus came. As her bus pulled in I took her hand and kissed it (just like Thor did with Natlie Portman in the movie) and bid farewell.
    Been texting since. Second date is a goer.
    smug2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Well I am back. No horror stories. She looked exactly as she does in her profilers. Good start.
    We went for coffee. It was a bit awkward for maybe 2 minutes, but we got chatty pretty quickly. Lots of similar interests in TV, music, movies. She got all of my more 'off-beat' humour (nerdy references FTW). The time flew in. We decided to go to the cinema and see Thor. She loved it. Walked her to her bus stop and waited with her until her bus came. As her bus pulled in I took her hand and kissed it (just like Thor did with Natlie Portman in the movie) and bid farewell.
    Been texting since. Second date is a goer.
    smug2.jpg

Awesomes!:D Are you doing a smug dance?:P

• Advertisement

micayla wrote: »
    Awesomes!:D Are you doing a smug dance?:P

No, but I could feel that my walk was different than usual when on the way home. Must have been that 'smug mode' I alledgedly go in to when I have just won a great deal of money or proved someone wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement