Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Galvasean wrote: »
    Well I am back. No horror stories. She looked exactly as she does in her profilers. Good start.
    We went for coffee. It was a bit awkward for maybe 2 minutes, but we got chatty pretty quickly. Lots of similar interests in TV, music, movies. She got all of my more 'off-beat' humour (nerdy references FTW). The time flew in. We decided to go to the cinema and see Thor. She loved it. Walked her to her bus stop and waited with her until her bus came. As her bus pulled in I took her hand and kissed it (just like Thor did with Natlie Portman in the movie) and bid farewell.
    Been texting since. Second date is a goer.
    smug2.jpg

w00t.

Atta boy Galva,well played Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

No, but I could feel that my walk was different than usual when on the way home. Must have been that 'smug mode' I alledgedly go in to when I have just won a great deal of money or proved someone wrong.

Heh heh bit of a swagger to it eh?:P Tsk! And all that drama last night!:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Congrats G.

Having a gander on POF at the mo, is it just me or do the same people appear all the time in the grids?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well I am back. No horror stories. She looked exactly as she does in her profilers. Good start.
    We went for coffee. It was a bit awkward for maybe 2 minutes, but we got chatty pretty quickly. Lots of similar interests in TV, music, movies. She got all of my more 'off-beat' humour (nerdy references FTW). The time flew in. We decided to go to the cinema and see Thor. She loved it. Walked her to her bus stop and waited with her until her bus came. As her bus pulled in I took her hand and kissed it (just like Thor did with Natlie Portman in the movie) and bid farewell.
    Been texting since. Second date is a goer.

Smooth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well played Galvasean, well played! (tips the hat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

We decided to go to the cinema and see Thor.

You drank, you fought, she did her ancestors proud?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Thanks for all the support guys (especially during my, 'difficult' periods)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

krudler wrote: »
    like who? I dont know a single person in my group of friends who goes for foreign women over Irish ones specifically.

I have heard it said by a fair number of men on boards that they don't consider Irish women any more. Don't know anyone like this IRL though.

I have heard it said by a fair number of men on boards that they don't consider Irish women any more. Don't know anyone like this IRL though.

I've seen it said on boards the odd time, but I think that's mostly passive trolling more than anything TBH. I have never once in my life met an Irish person who would refuse to go out wit / score an Irish person because they were Irish.

Thats what you get for reading After Hours.

:pac:

• Advertisement

To be fair, there's lots of lovely Irish women out there. However it's slowly becoming a sad reality that they are few and far between.

I've seen it said on boards the odd time, but I think that's mostly passive trolling more than anything TBH. I have never once in my life met an Irish person who would refuse to go out wit / score an Irish person because they were Irish.
    Thats what you get for reading After Hours.

:pac:

TBH, it's not just in AH and some of the guys genuinely don't seem like trolls, they seem like intelligent people. It's too easy just to write them off. Some others do reek of troll though. :pac:
    To be fair, there's lots of lovely Irish women out there. However it's slowly becoming a sad reality that they are few and far between.

I've been feckin' single for most of my twenties! Late 20s now. Not that I'm calling myself a lovely girl or anything. :o It's bloody hard for us too, most men I meet are spoken for.

I dunno about that. I have dozens of female friends who are all lovely people and attractive physically. Oh well, if the beers had of been on my birthday ya'all could have met them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

TBH, it's not just in AH and some of the guys genuinely don't seem like trolls, they seem like intelligent people. It's too easy just to write them off. Some others do reek of troll though. :pac:

Unfortunately though "a fair number of men on boards" does not account for every Irish male.

Unfortunately though "a fair number of men on boards" does not account for every Irish male.

Or fortunately, perhaps? :)

Or fortunately, perhaps? :)

either/or

I'm not pushed either way tbh

I think its just public posturing for most of the blokes that jabber on about foreign women vs Irish women tbh.

Between 10 and 15 friends of mine have gotten married over the last 5 years all to Irish girls.The male guests that were at the weddings and whose spouse or partner was non Irish could be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Its all well and good going onto an anonymous online forum and stating you would only go with a <insert nationality of choice here> girl but in actual fact the majority are talking through their holes.

'some guys on boards' =/= a significant percaentage of the people of Ireland

'some guys on boards' =/= a significant percaentage of the people of Ireland

that's what I was trying to say, but my brain is trying to commit suicide in the corner at the minute :rolleyes:

I think its just public posturing for most of the blokes that jabber on about foreign women vs Irish women tbh.

Between 10 and 15 friends of mine have gotten married over the last 5 years all to Irish girls.The male guests that were at the weddings and whose spouse or partner was non Irish could be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Its all well and good going onto an anonymous online forum and stating you would only go with a <insert nationality of choice here> girl but in actual fact the majority are talking through their holes.

Thing is, there's nothing wrong with mixed nationality marriages, they're great. But the stuff some of these people come out with on here is quite divisive. Any people I know who married foreigners IRL made no big deal of the fact and it was just circumstance that brought them together.

• Advertisement

I dunno about that. I have dozens of female friends who are all lovely people and attractive physically. Oh well, if the beers had of been on my birthday ya'all could have met them.

I should have written that I made that statement based on personal experience. I have loads of Irish female friends as well, and they are all lovely. However have you ever asked yourself, how many of them would you actually go out of your way to have a romantic relationship with? And please don't take that as me having a go or anything, its a genuine question.

Any woman that I have chatted to, had a laugh with, danced with, or did a few shots with recently has been American/German/Austrian etc etc. And I have not in any way been "selective" in who I talk to, not at all. Its just been a common trend lately.

Thing is, there's nothing wrong with mixed nationality marriages, they're great. But the stuff some of these people come out with on here is quite divisive. Any people I know who married foreigners IRL made no big deal of the fact and it was just circumstance that brought them together.

I never said there was.:confused:

The point I was making is that the blokes that constantly spout on about only going for foreign girls are usually talking rubbish.

Ask yourself,how many men do you know in real life that are with a foreign girl.Id wager very few.Out of all the Irish men I know,there is one of them that is dating a non Irish girl.

I never said there was.:confused:

That wasn't aimed at you.
    Ask yourself,how many men do you know in real life that are with a foreign girl.Id wager very few.

Very few. A handful. And I don't consider Irish/British unions as foreign, really. :)

I should have written that I made that statement based on personal experience. I have loads of Irish female friends as well, and they are all lovely. However have you ever asked yourself, how many of them would you actually go out of your way to have a romantic relationship with? And please don't take that as me having a go or anything, its a genuine question.

I assume you mean if circumstances were different and we weren't already friends? Most of them.

The point I was making is that the blokes that constantly spout on about only going for foreign girls are usually talking rubbish.

Bang on. There's not one Irishman that will say "oh sorry, if you're not Spanish, I'm not interested". Anyone that says they do on an internet forum is talking horsesh*t.

I assume you mean if circumstances were different and we weren't already friends? Most of them.

Really? You old romantic/horndog. :pac:
    Bang on. There's not one Irishman that will say "oh sorry, if you're not Spanish, I'm not interested". Anyone that says they do on an internet forum is talking horsesh*t.

I agree, but seriously, it has been said. By non-trolls. And that's a shame. Because, as I said, it just makes things very divisive when it shouldn't be.

Yes if circumstances were different and that's very cool if that's the case.

A good few (not all) of my female friends do exactly what a lot (not all) of Irish women seem to do when they're out though. They make themselves completely unapproachable to guys and then spend the taxi ride home giving out how they cant meet anyone nice.

I agree, but seriously, it has been said. By non-trolls.

but is it a blunt - I wouldn't touch an Irish woman with a barge pole, or somewhat less severe along the lines of - I really love Spanish/French/Italian (etc etc) women, their accent drives me wild/I love their culture...

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Yes if circumstances were different and that's very cool if that's the case.

A good few (not all) of my female friends do exactly what a lot (not all) of Irish women seem to do when they're out though. They make themselves completely unapproachable to guys and then spend the taxi ride home giving out how they cant meet anyone nice.

How so?

• Advertisement

My friends and I have been known to "lose" each other in Whelan's, next to be found in different parts of the smoking area wearing the faces off various men. :pac::o So, we are definitely NOT like that.
    but is it a blunt - I wouldn't touch an Irish woman with a barge pole, or somewhat less severe along the lines of - I really love Spanish/French/Italian (etc etc) women, their accent drives me wild/I love their culture...

Eh, mostly column A actually, with a small subset of column B. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement