Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Eh, mostly column A actually, with a small subset of column B. :)

:rolleyes:

I'm going with the boys on this one....
    anonymous posting on here = horseh*t
    IRL = take any chance with a girl they are attracted too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

IRL = take any chance with a girl they are attracted too

Which is how I roll, in the opposite direction. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

micayla wrote: »
    How so?

Any guy approaches them is met with a semi hostile reaction or a dirty look, if not from the girl herself, from some of the others. Will never go to the bar on their own, constantly going in pairs and shooting down any conversation that occurs if guys try to talk to them. It seems to be a common one that they're only attracted to lads that are already spoken for.

Felt like David Attenborough writing that, but it is some of the behaviour I've observed from some of them. Reason for the observations is to try and figure away around their barriers so I can chat to the lovely looking lady over at the table opposite who's friends are doing the exact same thing...

My friends and I have been known to "lose" each other in Whelan's, next to be found in different parts of the smoking area wearing the faces off various men. :pac::o So, we are definitely NOT like that.

*cough*

Whelans you say? :D

*cough*

Whelans you say? :D

Whelan's smoking area is da bomb. I'm telling ya. Lots of hook-ups happen there! ;)

Any guy approaches them is met with a semi hostile reaction or a dirty look, if not from the girl herself, from some of the others. Will never go to the bar on their own, constantly going in pairs and shooting down any conversation that occurs if guys try to talk to them. It seems to be a common one that they're only attracted to lads that are already spoken for.

Felt like David Attenborough writing that, but it is some of the behaviour I've observed from some of them. Reason for the observations is to try and figure away around their barriers so I can chat to the lovely looking lady over at the table opposite who's friends are doing the exact same thing...

IME some of the spoken for lads are on the prowl for a bit of T&A, so it's not just one sided in that regard.
    I have had 4 guys in my adult life "forget" to mention their partners while they dated/shagged me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Okie dokie guys,some off topic posts the last page or so,myself included so lets leave it at that and get back to the topic at hand ie online dating.

Cheers!
    :)

IME some of the spoken for lads are on the prowl for a bit of T&A, so it's not just one sided in that regard.
    I have had 4 guys in my adult life "forget" to mention their partners while they dated/shagged me...

Oh I'm well aware that happens. Believe me I'm not trying to make lads out to be angels at all.

Sorry for the double post, but to get back on topic.

How the feck do I delete or suspend my POF profile! I've had it!!

Okie dokie guys,some off topic posts the last page or so,myself included so lets leave it at that and get back to the topic at hand ie online dating.

Cheers!
    :)

Apologies, mostly my fault. :)

Sorry for the double post, but to get back on topic.

How the feck do I delete or suspend my POF profile! I've had it!!

It's a friggin minefield to complete, most have failed.
    I've just left mine idle, no pics, hardly any text and will just leave it alone.

• Advertisement

It's a friggin minefield to complete, most have failed.
    I've just left mine idle, no pics, hardly any text and will just leave it alone.

Failure is not an option dammit! :D

Got another two messages today, and loaded with txtspk. I felt my brain screaming in there **taps head**

Failure is not an option dammit! :D

Got another two messages today, and loaded with txtspk. I felt my brain screaming in there **taps head**

I friggin hate txt spk...I did not spend 14 years in school learning English to then have to ignore all the vowels!

You could try the Help/FAQ section, maybe there is a link....

I friggin hate txt spk...I did not spend 14 years in school learning English to then have to ignore all the vowels!

You could try the Help/FAQ section, maybe there is a link....

That was the first place I looked and it tells me there's a resign button under the menu bar, which I cant see. Think I'll just ignore it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

That was the first place I looked and it tells me there's a resign button under the menu bar, which I cant see. Think I'll just ignore it for a while.

That's one evil thing to find! http://www.plentyoffish.com/deleteaccountb.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I haven't been on POF in ages,i only get a matches email once a week so i'm not too bothered about deleting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well I use online dating as all my friends are married with young kids and mortgages and when we go out they spend the night breastfeeding a diet coke in the local!! Have had a few dates, some more successful than others!

Get emails from 20 somethings looking for a cougar, and 60 year olds looking for a young one!! - no thanks to both.

Im 42, fairly normal I would say and not looking for perfection however I am not prepare to settle for anyone who shows an interest in me - why should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Thats what you get for reading After Hours.

:pac:

why do you consider this amusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sorry about being off-topic, but gotta ask...
    Whelan's smoking area is da bomb. I'm telling ya. Lots of hook-ups happen there! ;)
    Is that the street out back, or am I thinking of the Village?
    Would you not write in your profile "do not contact me with txt spk"?

Seems I never signed up for PoF, so did so over the past few days. So far, the searches are more vague than okc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Interesting reading in TLL poll - roughly half/ half for satisfaction on POF aswell as all the other sites. OKC, the one I never used has about 78% satisfaction rate...

cantdecide wrote: »
    Interesting reading in TLL poll - roughly half/ half for satisfaction on POF aswell as all the other sites. OKC, the one I never used has about 78% satisfaction rate...

I think it is based on the fact that OKC makes you work on your profile in bits and pieces, so less of the blank profiles which of course makes a balls of any auto matching going on in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

the_syco wrote: »
    Is that the street out back, or am I thinking of the Village?

Na, it's upstairs in Whelans. They took a bit out of the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

After discussing the pearls of modern dating & how useless the pub is for meeting new/interesting people I was recommended OKC, so I checked it out.

Looked promising untill I did a generic search and half my exs turned up in the results! :eek:
    This country is too small dammit!!

the_syco wrote: »
    Would you not write in your profile "do not contact me with txt spk"?

Seems I never signed up for PoF, so did so over the past few days. So far, the searches are more vague than okc.

Having looked at the profiles of the women that had written me those messages I doubt they would've known what I was talking about. The entire profile was written in such a manner, figured that's just how they type in general. 2 weeks or so of such messages had just put me off.

Doesn't matter now anyway, thanks to a superfantastic member of this forum, I managed to delete the profile.

After discussing the pearls of modern dating & how useless the pub is for meeting new/interesting people I was recommended OKC, so I checked it out.

Looked promising untill I did a generic search and half my exs turned up in the results! :eek:
    This country is too small dammit!!

Always a problem with little countries, thankfully my location changed so my ex's for the most part are not in the same catchment area anymore, and four of them are married/engaged so not up there at all at all.
    I'd be more concerned with getting a match to someone I was related too (cousins etc) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I never use the match feature on these sites. I prefer to search myself. My matches are always trolls anyway! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Dovies wrote: »
    I never use the match feature on these sites. I prefer to search myself. My matches are always trolls anyway! :rolleyes:

Yeah I don't understand people disliking a website because of the match system. I'm much more likely to see a potential match from reading a profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Officially give up on online dating! Deleted PoF a while ago and now deleted OKC. Was getting nowhere! Ugh

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think the obvious solution here is for everyone to get locked in Whelans.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah I don't understand people disliking a website because of the match system. I'm much more likely to see a potential match from reading a profile.

The match system can be good at times and completely off at other times. Luckily the match system doesn't stop you from being able to search the ol' fashioned way so there's no point in complaining about it.
    That said, I actually have a 96% match with m'lady (that's what she's being referred to as now).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think the obvious solution here is for everyone to get locked in Whelans.

A good solution to virtually any problem IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement