Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Galvasean wrote: »
    The match system can be good at times and completely off at other times. Luckily the match system doesn't stop you from being able to search the ol' fashioned way so there's no point in complaining about it.
    That said, I actually have a 96% match with m'lady (that's what she's being referred to as now).

Got a second date sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Got a second date sorted yet?

Won't be 'til after the 16th cause she's going on holiday and I'm ridiculously busy filming.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You old seadog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Galvasean wrote: »
    Won't be 'til after the 16th cause she's going on holiday and I'm ridiculously busy filming.

For a sec there I misread that as 'flirting':pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

the_syco wrote: »
    Sorry about being off-topic, but gotta ask...

Is that the street out back, or am I thinking of the Village?

No, that's the Village, the Whelan's smoking area is upstairs. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I get the distinct feeling whelans this weekend is going to be full of men on the prowl all out in the smoking area chain smoking :D.

Not a bad spot i did even get raped kissed there one night, I wasnt complaining.

I get the distinct feeling whelans this weekend is going to be full of men on the prowl all out in the smoking area chain smoking :D.

Not a bad spot i did even get raped kissed there one night, I wasnt complaining.

It tends to just be very relaxed in there, it doesn't feel like a pick up joint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This weekend?

I was in there last night...

Ya snooze ya lose :P

but na... was there for a gig.. not the wimmins... though a whole bunch of'em showed up from nowhere after midnight.

That's it. I'm going to Whelan's this weekend. Who's with me?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

That's it. I'm going to Whelan's this weekend. Who's with me?!

I really wanna go now! But to OT with this? :o

• Advertisement

Oh God, I've built this up too much - ye'll all go and no-one will score. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

f*ck sake...i had planned to go tomorrow night for my mates birthday....change of venue is in order now if it's gonna be packed full of salivating, nerdy internet virgins!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Don't say that. I've booked my train ticket and hotel now.

cantdecide wrote: »

I've just bought a new dress for it :(

Wow, you're bringing your future conquest to a hotel room - swish! :p;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There was me talking about Whelan's in the Drinks thread. I was so ahead of the game :pac:

Whelans is OK, except on nights when particularly pretentious singers/bands are playing.

I've just bought a new dress for it :(

I think TFG will refund our money if it disappoints.
    Wow, you're bringing your future conquest to a hotel room - swish! :p;):D

Well, that or I could ride her on the last train home. How's that for on-LINE dating :D

stupidusername and I will score. It can be a pact.

Whelan's isn't really a place known for scoring. Obviously like anywhere with drunk and messy Irish, it happens. But there'll be lots of too-cool-for-school types there as well.

stupidusername and I will score. It can be a pact.
    :eek:

• Advertisement

I jest. stupidusername and cantdecide will score. I'll head to zaytoon and romance a doner.

Whelan's isn't really a place known for scoring. Obviously like anywhere with drunk and messy Irish, it happens. But there'll be lots of too-cool-for-school types there as well.

Gotta disagree there - Whelan's has a rep for being pretentious but I don't find that to actually be the case.

And I'd consider anywhere not known for scoring to be a good place to score, more relaxed vibe which can actually be more conducive to scoring - hate places with meat market reps.
    I jest. stupidusername and cantdecide will score. I'll head to zaytoon and romance a doner.

Ah, Zaytoons. I miss that place. Chicken shish all the way for me. Crap chips in that place though, but I suppose there's enough to getting on with with the kebab. Ah, a feed of drinks and a kebab -it's the classy Irish way! :pac:

Do I have a say in this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Do I have a say in this?

I think with who you score, no indication that it's with each other :P

...I'll head to zaytoon and romance a doner.
    Do I have a say in this?

My dearest SU, I'm sure Zaytoons have a vegetarian option so hush now :cool:

:pac:

// edit - beaten to the punchline. Bah.

Dont like zaytoons much.i'm shutting up now,otis will be along with his stick ...

i'm shutting up now,otis will be along with his stick ...
    I'm fairly sure this counts as online dating.

Gotta disagree there - Whelan's has a rep for being pretentious but I don't find that to actually be the case.

And I'd consider anywhere not known for scoring to be a good place to score, more relaxed vibe which can actually be more conducive to scoring - hate places with meat market reps.

I think it was once pretentious, but not as much as it was. I didn't actually saw it was pretentious anyway. The Working Man's Club is an example of where the ultra-pretentious would currently go.

I know this as myself, and more-so my friends, would all be easily described as pretentious. And we go to Whelans and sometimes, The Working Man's Club. Where we discussed The Wire before it became a boxset smash, where debated Chaucer and Gawain, where we mock others for not knowing the difference between "should have and should of". Some of us wear turtle necks, others waist-coats. Lots of my friends are music snobs. There are lots of others like us there. So I think I can fairly say that there whilst it is not necessarily a pretentious place, there will be "too-cool-for-school" types there.

I am semi-joking about the above discussions!

Anyway...online dating! I have noticed that the people I tend to email on OKCupid end up saying they like going to Whelans.

• Advertisement

Anyway...online dating! I have noticed that the people I tend to email on OKCupid end up saying they like going to Whelans.
    That's cool... the people I tend to email on OKCupid end up saying nothing at all :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement