Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Darlughda wrote: »
    Yes. But, he told me just before we left that he though I was a great person etc, eeek rejection intro! Then dodged my kisses as I said goodbye, and ran? I thought he kinda fancied me, but I must have been wrong.:mad:

Well I'd drop him a line and see. The dodging the kisses could have been a case of awkwardness! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Larianne wrote: »
    Well I'd drop him a line and see. The dodging the kisses could have been a case of awkwardness! :confused:

I can sometimes do that without realising. You get in the "oh is this happening, no it's not, maybe it is, no it's not, crap it was" moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yes. But, he told me just before we left that he though I was a great person etc, eeek rejection intro! Then dodged my kisses as I said goodbye, and ran? I thought he kinda fancied me, but I must have been wrong.:mad:

So he didn't mention meeting up again? I wouldn't mind the dodged kisses, as any type of physical contact is always gonna be awkward on a first date! I say send him an easy going text asking him If he got home okay or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Thanks folks.

I will send him a breezy, nice email tomorrow so.

Jayzus, I really don't know if I fancy him or not. Just that I would like to see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I can sometimes do that without realising. You get in the "oh is this happening, no it's not, maybe it is, no it's not, crap it was" moment!

That made me lol, a lot. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thanks folks.

I will send him a breezy, nice email tomorrow so.

Jayzus, I really don't know if I fancy him or not. Just that I would like to see him again.

If hes a fan of the footy, he might be watching the United vs Chelsea game from 4pm tomorrow, just in case! Nothing worse than sitting around waiting for a reply.:)

papagormo wrote: »
    If hes a fan of the footy, he might be watching the United vs Chelsea game from 4pm tomorrow, just in case! Nothing worse than sitting around waiting for a reply.:)

One of the things I liked about him was no interested in sport-football whatsoever.

God what a blissful life that would be!:pac:

One of the things I liked about him was no interested in sport-football whatsoever.

All right, just thought I'd better mention in just in case!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It's amazing. I've been living a largely sports-free existence for 22 years and it's just wonderful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

qz meant to say I love your onesie! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

We do exist! I've zero interest in sport too. Happily, I find that the ladies tend to like that about me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Tremelo wrote: »
    We do exist! I've zero interest in sport too. Happily, I find that the ladies tend to like that about me :)

We're rare but we're out there f****** with the establishment. My only concession to blokey behaviour is cars & bikes. Other than that, all I do is hang around talking about my feelings :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

OK so this is what happens when you log on to Boards to go to a different forum & see a thread on the list that strikes a chord :D.

Isn't it amazing that, after thousands of years of evolution, we are still lousy at communicating. There is a current theory that all our internet & phone/text usage is making us less instinctive.

Also I wonder if the vast amount of choice, especially for women, & the ability to be so selective, just destroys any spontaneity. My advice to the girls would be to be more open minded. Some friends & I were laughing at the personal ads in a Sunday paper - literally every woman wanted a tall, solvent man !.

Everyone goes on about the benefits of going on lots of dates but I really wonder if this can be a negative. Do we tend to fall into a pattern & follow the same instincts ?.

When we meet a stranger all our senses go into overdrive to make an assessment - some say it takes less than 10 seconds. Meeting someone after online communication is different because we have snippets of information & we use these to build, often incorrect, impressions. We will of given them a positive assessment if we agree to meet so there is far more potential to be disappointed.

Remember girls that if you think that you fancy the idea of the lovable rogue then don't be surprised when you find one & he goes home to his wife !.

Discodog wrote: »
    OK so this is what happens when you log on to Boards to go to a different forum & see a thread on the list that strikes a chord :D.

Isn't it amazing that, after thousands of years of evolution, we are still lousy at communicating. There is a current theory that all our internet & phone/text usage is making us less instinctive.

Also I wonder if the vast amount of choice, especially for women, & the ability to be so selective, just destroys any spontaneity. My advice to the girls would be to be more open minded. Some friends & I were laughing at the personal ads in a Sunday paper - literally every woman wanted a tall, solvent man !.

Everyone goes on about the benefits of going on lots of dates but I really wonder if this can be a negative. Do we tend to fall into a pattern & follow the same instincts ?.

When we meet a stranger all our senses go into overdrive to make an assessment - some say it takes less than 10 seconds. Meeting someone after online communication is different because we have snippets of information & we use these to build, often incorrect, impressions. We will of given them a positive assessment if we agree to meet so there is far more potential to be disappointed.

Remember girls that if you think that you fancy the idea of the lovable rogue then don't be surprised when you find one & he goes home to his wife !.

What you are talking about is an almost stereotypical idea of a woman on a dating site. This is so far removed from the truth. You really have no idea of what you are talking about.

In fact your stupid notions are so offensive I wont even begin to explain how they are as horribly offensive to any woman who has to read this. How dare you?!

Right I have been too snarly. Sorry. Feeling a little sore. Think I need to curl up into a ball and just forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

cantdecide wrote: »
    We're rare but we're out there f****** with the establishment. My only concession to blokey behaviour is cars & bikes. Other than that, all I do is hang around talking about my feelings :p

haha, sure what is blokey behaviour or female behaviour anyway. I'm a girl and I like sports, I also like make-up and getting ready for nights out!!!! :D I agree though, forget generalisations anyway. Be yourself is the best advice there is :D

qz meant to say I love your onesie! :D

I bought it a size too small :( There's rubber grips in the shape of paws on the soles of the feet so I don't slip and slide when I wear it :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Right so I've got a date this week she's pretty
    :) and tall but mmmm I've no idea on where to take her
    Any ideas south side of the city... she probably wants to go to a pub
    Tho she's no serial texter which is a very food thing..... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What you are talking about is an almost stereotypical idea of a woman on a dating site. This is so far removed from the truth. You really have no idea of what you are talking about.

In fact your stupid notions are so offensive I wont even begin to explain how they are as horribly offensive to any woman who has to read this. How dare you?!

Right I have been too snarly. Sorry. Feeling a little sore. Think I need to curl up into a ball and just forget about it.

Sometimes there can be substance behind stereotyping. There are hundreds of posts here from guys that agree with the stereotype of women being very selective.

I apologise if you feel offended but my post was not, in any way, directed at you. As for the notions being stupid check out the TV series by Professor Winston about attraction & how we choose a mate. We all have a basic animal, survival, instinct.

For example if you make some simple silhouettes of the "hour glass figure" & make the waist of one of them 1mm thinner, the majority of men will pick that one as their favourite. When you ask them why they don't know but their brain has picked up on a tiny difference.

Just a suggestion but if you have been "too snarly" it's easy to delete or edit - unlike in real life !.

I'm just after having a gawk at who is online now on OKC, one girl is on and she is...heh hemmm...HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWT...
    Sweet God and sunny Jesus but what a smile thats all I'm saying.
    I think I need a video

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Whelan's isn't really a place known for scoring. Obviously like anywhere with drunk and messy Irish, it happens. But there'll be lots of too-cool-for-school types there as well.

ye could have mentioned it was a kiddies place

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »
    I bought it a size too small :( There's rubber grips in the shape of paws on the soles of the feet so I don't slip and slide when I wear it :3
    :eek: you bought it for yourself? :pac:
    I know about the grips,little weird tbh.if yours is too small for you give it to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

is too small for you give it to me :D

Wouldn't want to be sensitive around here.

Small in the sense that I'm too tall for it. I've seen rakes that are fatter than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Fuinseog wrote: »
    ye could have mentioned it was a kiddies place

I presumed me being 25 and talking about going there the 5 years I was in college would be a clue as to there being young people there.

I'd put the average age range there as 22-30ish. Not really my fault that I go places where people my own age go!

cantdecide wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to be sensitive around here.

:confused: have i offended someone?
    Small in the sense that I'm too tall for it. I've seen rakes that are fatter than me.

oh right. yeah they're fairly wide aren't they? my ex took a picture of me in mine after i got it, and i'd stuffed a blanket in around the tummy part, I looked gigantically pregnant :D very funny

oh right. yeah they're fairly wide aren't they? my ex took a picture of me in mine after i got it, and i'd stuffed a blanket in around the tummy part, I looked gigantically pregnant :D very funny

Separate onesie forum required ASAP.

Separate onesie forum required ASAP.

totes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

back on topic please folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh elusive second date, just what must I do to get you.... :rolleyes:

Think things have ahit a wall between myself and herself. Asked her if she wanted to go out and do something this evening. She tells me she's too hungover. It's always something.
    I think I'm gonna take the hint and leave it at that.

FRAK!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh elusive second date, just what must I do to get you.... :rolleyes:

Think things have ahit a wall between myself and herself. Asked her if she wanted to go out and do something this evening. She tells me she's too hungover. It's always something.
    I think I'm gonna take the hint and leave it at that.

FRAK!!

Ah here she could well be, I wasn't hungover yesterday and I couldn't get off the couch from exhaustion...come on you chin up ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement