Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh elusive second date, just what must I do to get you.... :rolleyes:

Think things have ahit a wall between myself and herself. Asked her if she wanted to go out and do something this evening. She tells me she's too hungover. It's always something.
    I think I'm gonna take the hint and leave it at that.

FRAK!!

Thought you said you wouldn't be meeting her anyway until after the 16th or something? or maybe that's someone else I'm thinking off.

Nothing worse than being hungover and folks wanting you to ....actually move :pac:
    She also may not want you to see her in her hungover state :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

well sunday IS hangover day for lots of people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Give it one more try Galvasean, ask her out some other time and if she doesn't then just tell her if she wants to see you again it's up to her to arrange it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I deleted my OKC profile. Gonna give it a rest now for a while I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    According to that thing I should either become a lesbian or be with a married man!

Ladies.........howya! :pac:

Tudz, this is the kinda action that can finally win ya LMS! :D

• Advertisement

Oh elusive second date, just what must I do to get you.... :rolleyes:

Think things have ahit a wall between myself and herself. Asked her if she wanted to go out and do something this evening. She tells me she's too hungover. It's always something.
    I think I'm gonna take the hint and leave it at that.

FRAK!!

Ah but sure you might have been hungover yourself this morning, it's a pretty ok excuse. If she's self-conscious about how she looks while feeling crap, well, she might want to wait until she feels more confident etc.
    Maguined wrote: »
    Give it one more try Galvasean, ask her out some other time and if she doesn't then just tell her if she wants to see you again it's up to her to arrange it.

Once again Mags delivers on the excellent advice. If she really wanted nothing more to do with you she'd just stop replying to I'd imagine, or explain it if she was anyway decent. Don't give up yet, especially if you like her man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Alright then. One more try it is so.

Alright then. One more try it is so.

That's the spirit! Go Get 'em Tiger! :cool:

Think i'll ask her later if she wants to pop online for a chat. That should be doable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I deleted my OKC profile. Gonna give it a rest now for a while I reckon...

why'd you delete it?
    Think i'll ask her later if she wants to pop online for a chat. That should be doable..

that may not be such a good idea, as in to ask for something else today, if she's already said no to something today because of the hangover... i dunno, i'm just saying.

• Advertisement

that may not be such a good idea, as in to ask for something else today, if she's already said no to something today because of the hangover... i dunno, i'm just saying.

Hmm, you're probably right on that one. Don't wanna come across as clingy.

And if she doesn't reply don't think the worst she could be passed out asleep due to hungoverness!
    Or she may simply not have the energy or be in the mood for a conversation... I can get fierce grumpy when I am very hungover and have been known to snap at people to shut them up due to the sore head :pac::o

Hmmm so it might be maybe better to leave hangover day and start afresh tomorrow evening wanting a chat online :)
    Just a suggestion!

I'm glad there's women posting on this forum. :)

why'd you delete it?
    I think I'm just having one of those days where I'm just fed up with everything.

This is the first time I'm single in about 13-14 years, so maybe it's just a good idea to enjoy it for a while.

Hmm, you're probably right on that one. Don't wanna come across as clingy.

I'd be a little concerned about the clinginess, but coming off as interested can be very good :) I just meant that it's likely if she's genuine or not she'll turn it down for today anyway, so you might be better off waiting till at least tomorrow.

ugh, hate these games...not knowing what to do etc.
    I think I'm just having one of those days where I'm just fed up with everything.

This is the first time I'm single in about 13-14 years, so maybe it's just a good idea to enjoy it for a while.

well there's no point forcing yourself to 'enjoy' it, if you don't you don't. I gather you've just gotten out of a long term relationship, so maybe it would be good to have a bit of a break from it for a bit, if you need to figure out what you're after. I dunno, just sayin.

ugh, hate these games...not knowing what to do etc.

EXACTLY! This whole not knowing what's going on tears me apart. Uncertainty to me is mind numbing. I mean if I got a message today saying she wasn't interested in following up the first date then okay fair enough. Sure I'd grumble for an hour or two, but I'd be over it very quickly.

And if she doesn't reply don't think the worst she could be passed out asleep due to hungoverness!
    Or she may simply not have the energy or be in the mood for a conversation... I can get fierce grumpy when I am very hungover and have been known to snap at people to shut them up due to the sore head :pac::o

Hmmm so it might be maybe better to leave hangover day and start afresh tomorrow evening wanting a chat online :)
    Just a suggestion!

Tuddle the hangover pro! :)

Might be a good time to reconnect with old friends and all that lark. I've you've just come out of a long term relationship it's often the best idea to give it a break and get your emotions back in neutral and old chums are often a good way to do this. The last thing you want is to transfer your loved up feelings from your ex onto some new guy who turns out to be completely different when the rebound shine wears off.

EXACTLY! This whole not knowing what's going on tears me apart. Uncertainty to me is mind numbing. I mean if I got a message today saying she wasn't interested in following up the first date then okay fair enough. Sure I'd grumble for an hour or two, but I'd be over it very quickly.

hate hate hate not knowing things... head wrecker.

try maybe just let things flow a bit, as in don't you always be the one to jump in and suggest something, hopefully she'll still be interested.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Tuddle the hangover pro! :)

The Hangover Pro....I likes it Fewi :cool:

It's essential in my now older years to ensure the hangover goes as smoothly as possible. Learnt a few tricks along the way.

Can't remember the password for my OK or was it POF....hmmm well no matter as I'll be bit busy with moving counties this month so no point dating anyone right now.

well there's no point forcing yourself to 'enjoy' it, if you don't you don't. I gather you've just gotten out of a long term relationship, so maybe it would be good to have a bit of a break from it for a bit, if you need to figure out what you're after. I dunno, just sayin.
    Well I know what you mean, I was in a 10 year long relationship that ended a couple of years ago, then I got straight into another relationship when that ended(literally straight away). Which was a baaaaaad idea...
    I enjoy the 'freedom' of being able to do whatever I like atm.

I do know what I want, I'm not particularly interested in getting into another relationship, I more interested in meeting up with new people.:)
    Might be a good time to reconnect with old friends and all that lark. I've you've just come out of a long term relationship it's often the best idea to give it a break and get your emotions back in neutral and old chums are often a good way to do this. The last thing you want is to transfer your loved up feelings from your ex onto some new guy who turns out to be completely different when the rebound shine wears off.
    I'd never 'neglect' my friends when I'm in a relationship, but I know what you mean though:)
    Well I went through a terrible time when I ended my last long term relationship a couple of years back, but I feel now that I am back on track and that I have properly moved on.

• Advertisement

The Hangover Pro....I likes it Fewi :cool:

It's essential in my now older years to ensure the hangover goes as smoothly as possible. Learnt a few tricks along the way.

Can't remember the password for my OK or was it POF....hmmm well no matter as I'll be bit busy with moving counties this month so no point dating anyone right now.

I'll make you a new sig :)

You can do the groundwork though Tudz, and develop a lady of mystery status by moving locations mid-chat. Dun dun dunnnnnn :)
    I'd never 'neglect' my friends when I'm in a relationship, but I know what you mean though:)
    Well I went through a terrible time when I ended my last long term relationship a couple of years back, but I feel now that I am back on track and that I have properly moved on.

Ah, I wouldn't assume you're one of those people to disappear when they've a boyfriend, I was just suggesting that the friends of arms are better than the arms of strangers when it comes to finding one's self :)

Now... to think of a OkCupid username. Seems everyone I try has been used, which is mad because I'm putting in absolute nonsense!

Ah, I wouldn't assume you're one of those people to disappear when they've a boyfriend, I was just suggesting that the friends of arms are better than the arms of strangers when it comes to finding one's self :)

Now... to think of a OkCupid username. Seems everyone I try has been used, which is mad because I'm putting in absolute nonsense!
    Aye that's very true!:)

I liked my username, JellyBean, and yes I'm slightly addicted to jellybeans:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

On the topic of usernames do you find youll be drawn to some by there usernames and other youd avoid? Do you think the right username is important when picking one?

I find i would be if i see one i find funny or interesting ill alway be more likely to mail them.

On the topic of usernames do you find youll be drawn to some by there usernames and other youd avoid? Do you think the right username is important when picking one?

I find i would be if i see one i find funny or interesting ill alway be more likely to mail them.
    For me it doesn't make any difference at all. But sure it's always nice when someones username actually makes you laugh :p

Aye that's very true!:)

I liked my username, JellyBean, and yes I'm slightly addicted to jellybeans:p

Oh no! I'm surprised you closed your account and gave up such a choice username. JellyBean was an excellent username, it's all about the positivity and yumminess. :)

I tried referencing a comedy quote in a PoF username. Um, nobody has commented on it yet, though as has often been said on here, it's hard enough getting someone to view your profile, nevermind finding someone who'll get a reference. One day. :p

I say they do have quite the effect though, uninventive ones are like an instant -3 points in my book. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Yes I find that a username can either attract me or put me off. For example if I see a username like studman1972...well it gives me a clue of that person's thinking. I wouldn't be put off by bland usernames but one's with sexual innuendo are not for me.

Just to say I am loving this thread and decided to get back on the whole online dating thing but with a better perspective. It is kind of heartening to know that I am not the only one who gets anxiety about a first date or fed up with getting little or no replies to e-mails (I am a woman) or trying to mind read the meaning behind a text. This thread is like a wonderful support group reading everyone's ups and downs.

Oh and not all us wimmins get loads of e-mails...maybe its the photo :D it is scaring them all off.

Finally I used OK Cupid and found it really good but I seem a little old for it (nearly 40) whereas POF has more people my age but I may reconsider OK Cupid again at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

I'm glad there's women posting on this forum. :)

How many times have you tried to arrange the second date? If it's more than 3 times, I would consider moving on. Having said that, things can come up. I think you should just base it on her general tone when talking on the phone, texting (although thats hard to read) and her general level of interest in the first date, if you sensed it went well. It most likely did.

On the topic of usernames do you find youll be drawn to some by there usernames and other youd avoid?

I generally get put off by anything with 'sexy' 'sexi' or 'babe' in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I generally get put off by anything with 'sexy' 'sexi' or 'babe' in it.

Unless it's funny, I would immediately look up the profile if someone's username was "sexy elbow".

Humour is the key to getting into my pants. :pac:

• Advertisement

How many times have you tried to arrange the second date? If it's more than 3 times, I would consider moving on. Having said that, things can come up.

She's turned down 2 offers for different reasons but that said we're penciled in for Wednesday if my shoot finishes at a reasonable time. Might not happen knowing these things. The idea for today was a bit off an off the cuff idea, since I was originally meant to be filming but that never happened.
    I'll hang in a bit longer and see how it goes.
    I think you should just base it on her general tone when talking on the phone, texting (although thats hard to read) and her general level of interest in the first date, if you sensed it went well. It most likely did.

Well her texts seemed very bland and formal/matter of fact today. A start contrast to her more lively and engaging ones I've been getting before. I'm gonna chalk it up to her being viciously hungover.
    The level of interest on and right after the first date seemed very high FWIW.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement