Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Galvasean wrote: »
    I generally get put off by anything with 'sexy' 'sexi' or 'babe' in it.

absofrigginlutely. it just screams stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well her texts seemed very bland and formal/matter of fact today. A start contrast to her more lively and engaging ones I've been getting before. I'm gonna chalk it up to her being viciously hungover.
    The level of interest on and right after the first date seemed very high FWIW.

If its only different today then take it as being hungover. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Larianne wrote: »
    If its only different today then take it as being hungover. ;)

Id second that one wait and see how her texts are tommorrow,im often like that on a sunday with hangovers, could get on like a house on fire monday to saturday flirting, joking etc, but on a lazy sunday with a hangover never happens the brain just shuts down.

Im sure shell be back eager as ever tommorrow with a fresh head on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Y'know looking back on the post I made earlier I can't help but fear that I'm some sort of a manic-depressant :/
    I seriously have to stop over-reading things as worst case scenarios and getting all worked up about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Y'know looking back on the post I made earlier I can't help but fear that I'm some sort of a manic-depressant :/
    I seriously have to stop over-reading things as worst case scenarios and getting all worked up about it...

I'm exactly the same and I think a lot of people are! :D
    Dont worry!

• Advertisement

Ah dont worry about it man, we all do it from time to time, especially if its with a woman who particulary got under your skin. Its human nature to try read into every little thing when it comes to those kind of matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I often wonder how much simpler 'dating' would be if there was no texting! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Just back from my third date with her good self. We went to Kilkenny for a daytrip. Did Dunmore Cave, as well as some 'exploring' at the deserted ruin that is Kells Priory. Had an excellent time :D However, I foolishly offered to cook dinner for her next weekend. This will be a challenge, though I don't think I'm a bad cook tbh.

Seriously though, I think this is leading somewhere. She's an absolutely lovely girl. One to hold on to indefinitely even. Really glad I found her on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Tremelo wrote: »
    Just back from my third date with her good self. We went to Kilkenny for a daytrip. Did Dunmore Cave, as well as some 'exploring' at the deserted ruin that is Kells Priory. Had an excellent time :D However, I foolishly offered to cook dinner for her next weekend. This will be a challenge, though I don't think I'm a bad cook tbh.

Seriously though, I think this is leading somewhere. She's an absolutely lovely girl. One to hold on to indefinitely even. Really glad I found her on it.

I think this calls for a thread all of it's own........not your date ( although that's v cool, go you) but what and how to cook for dinner.......if only we had such a thing........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Dr Galen wrote: »
    I think this calls for a thread all of it's own........not your date ( although that's v cool, go you) but what and how to cook for dinner.......if only we had such a thing........;)

Cooking dinner :D Nice to see chivalry is not lost ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Oh god, i'm thinking about asking someone to meet up but so nervous, not expecting them to say yes tbh :( does anyone here stay in touch with someone they've been rejected by or is there any point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

swapple wrote: »
    Oh god, i'm thinking about asking someone to meet up but so nervous, not expecting them to say yes tbh :( does anyone here stay in touch with someone they've been rejected by or is there any point?

Just go for it, you won't know til you try!:D

As for keeping in touch if you're rejected, I'd say it's a waste of time, why would you bother if you'd never even met?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

G86 wrote: »
    Just go for it, you won't know til you try!:D

As for keeping in touch if you're rejected, I'd say it's a waste of time, why would you bother if you'd never even met?

Both very good points, ok i'll give it a bash :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Larianne wrote: »
    I often wonder how much simpler 'dating' would be if there was no texting! :)

I concour texting is dangerous :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Dr Galen wrote: »

I've used a few of Jamie Olivers thirty minute meals, there actually pretty easy to follow and there's a fair few with s"standard enough" ingredients so there easy enough to find in any decent supermarket. Only had compliments for the food so thats a good sign.

That said it's probably a good idea to try it before you cook for the actual meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dimiec

I often wonder how much simpler 'dating' would be if there was no texting!

It was similar, nicer and you were not constantly misreading what someone said, you had space in between contact and you were not tied to a frickin phone...I miss the textless life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

This is one thing that I do not have the ***** to do!!! Online dating that is.

This is one thing that I do not have the ***** to do!!! Online dating that is.

Same I'd be too nervous to put my picture up. I know its silly, considering I use facebook and such. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Same I'd be too nervous to put my picture up. I know its silly, considering I use facebook and such. :rolleyes:

I'm exactly the same!! :D:o I also tend to think waaaaaaaaaaay too far down the line. "What if"..........etc.

Id be the exact same about putting a picture up, do always have private pics but never public. Always weary of seeing someone I know on it, a neighbour, an old flame etc.

Why I dont know because when you think about it at the end of the day youd both be on the same site.

• Advertisement

Id be the exact same about putting a picture up, do always have private pics but never public. Always weary of seeing someone I know on it, a neighbour, an old flame etc.

Why I dont know because when you think about it at the end of the day youd both be on the same site.

Same here, its awful to say but Id also be afraid, people I know would see it and talk. And even though it's haughty to say that, it's more shyness than anything :o

I'm exactly the same!! :D:o I also tend to think waaaaaaaaaaay too far down the line. "What if"..........etc.

I dont mind thinking way down the line, I do that myself sometimes, but I think its the stigma that comes with the sites as well, and Id be worried who would see it that I know, its based so much on what people see in a simple picture and words that people write about themselves, that really it has to come down to meeting up anyway, because anyone could say anything online to make themselves appear amazing.

Plus google is far too advanced these days, you only have to type your own name into google images and sometimes your facebook picture comes up. scared me senseless one day, :eek: :D

Same here, its awful to say but Id also be afraid, people I know would see it and talk. And even though it's haughty to say that, it's more shyness than anything :o

I guess with me itd be a bit of shyness aswell but that just leads back to this whole stigma that seems to be attached to online dating doesnt it? Like most of my close friends know and knew were i met my ex, but people from work, family members, friends of friends no way did i want them knowing like my own friends will crack jokes about it from time to time. When you tell people you do seem to get a certain look from them, anyone any ideas as to why?

Must say as much my friends ripped me for it, four of them are now on sites. So i guess the more people that use them the more the stigma wil fade well heres hoping anyway:).

I guess with me itd be a bit of shyness aswell but that just leads back to this whole stigma that seems to be attached to online dating doesnt it? Like most of my close friends know and knew were i met my ex, but people from work, family members, friends of friends no way did i want them knowing like my own friends will crack jokes about it from time to time. When you tell people you do seem to get a certain look from them, anyone any ideas as to why?

Must say as much my friends ripped me for it, four of them are now on sites. So i guess the more people that use them the more the stigma wil fade well heres hoping anyway:).

Irish society is still quite conservative I guess. I dont think online dating is as conventional here as it is in America maybe. Not to say it isnt as popular, more so, its not as out in the open. People are that bit slower to get on the uptake and say they are trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Set up a OkCupid account... must say it's worlds apart from Plenty of Fish, and far less one line profiles with txt speak.

I concour texting is dangerous :cool:

I'll say. Haha haha, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhawwwwwwwwwww........

Might as well vent while I'm here...
    Well her texts seemed very bland and formal/matter of fact today. A start contrast to her more lively and engaging ones I've been getting before. I'm gonna chalk it up to her being viciously hungover.
    The level of interest on and right after the first date seemed very high FWIW.

Gone from this to flat out non-response now. I don't get it. She said 'if you get some free time during the week let me know so we can meet up'. So I give her a buzz today saying I'm finished nice n' early tomorrow and if she wants to do anything. Not so much as a response. Seems since she went out that night after her exams finished her interest has rapidly deteriorated. I was willing to brush off the bland/formal texts as a symptom of hangover, but this really does feel like the cold shoulder now. Must have picked herself up a fella or something..
    Oh well, I've chased/worked enough on this one. I said I'd give it one more go. Nothing doing. Time to move on methinks. No point chasing shadows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Awh ****,genuinely disappointed for you. That's so weird. God damn it why cant people just be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sorry to hear it galv :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thats a shame Glav but unfortunately thats how online dating works
    Been chatting to someone on OKC - really nice and hot (wooohoo) now how do I find out if he is just messaging to be polite or actually wants to go out. Yeah I know ask but .....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement