Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Thats a shame man, I'm sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Galvasean wrote: »
    Might as well vent while I'm here...

Gone from this to flat out non-response now. I don't get it. She said 'if you get some free time during the week let me know so we can meet up'. So I give her a buzz today saying I'm finished nice n' early tomorrow and if she wants to do anything. Not so much as a response. Seems since she went out that night after her exams finished her interest has rapidly deteriorated. I was willing to brush off the bland/formal texts as a symptom of hangover, but this really does feel like the cold shoulder now. Must have picked herself up a fella or something..
    Oh well, I've chased/worked enough on this one. I said I'd give it one more go. Nothing doing. Time to move on methinks. No point chasing shadows.

Look on the bright side, now you are free to pursue all the red dress girls in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I must say the amount of "Hi" or "whats up" messages I get from women are so off putting. I swear that most prob don't even look at my profile with some of the questions they come out with :rolleyes:

Dovies wrote: »
    Yeah I know ask but .....

No buts just do it! Take the bull by the horns and ask him out on a date! Nothing nicer than a girl making the first move imo :)

Id be the exact same about putting a picture up, do always have private pics but never public. Always weary of seeing someone I know on it, a neighbour, an old flame etc.

On POF I have seen an old workmates housemate and also a boardsie.
    The fact that I have seen them means they have probably seen me seeing as I would show up in their recently viewed thing but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.... although the boardsie did send me messages :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

jamhassan wrote: »
    Online dating is better way for the learn more about you info dating.

What

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

bluewolf wrote: »
    What
    If ever there was an opportunity to post a picture of an animal with a human facial expression and a caption, this was it. Though I suppose this isn't After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Going to give this a try, any idea what site would be best for a guy in his mid 30's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've only tried POF and OKCupid, but OKC would probably be your best bet. or if you're ok with paying, maybe match.

I've finally got round to deleting mine \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Larianne wrote: »
    I often wonder how much simpler 'dating' would be if there was no texting! :)

I wonder how many potentially good relationships die because of texting. It's easy enough to be misunderstood by someone that knows you let alone a new acquaintance. If I want to say something to someone new then it has to be a phone call. At least if I invite a girl to call me at any time it is a pretty good indication that I am not in a relationship or married :eek:.

I have just read a profile from a woman who claims to be very young minded & very open. Then I read that she wants a man between 40-42 :rolleyes:. I wonder how many nice men she has missed out on because they are 39 or 43 !.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Awh ****,genuinely disappointed for you. That's so weird. God damn it why cant people just be honest!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    sorry to hear it galv :(
    Thats a shame Glav but unfortunately thats how online dating works
    Thats a shame man, I'm sorry to hear that.

Hmm, what can I say if she hasn't got the balls (poor choice of words) to give me the mercy of a simple 'thanks but no thanks' after acting so keen then she's a coward and I'm better off without.
    Maguined wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, now you are free to pursue all the red dress girls in life.

Shudda swooped on that one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I know plenty of people have commented at how daunting these websites are but they sound like great craic to me. I am not even dating right now but I would love to sign up to OKCupid just to chat to randomer's but even though I know there is an option for looking for friends only I would still feel guilty for wasting peoples time, it is a dating site after all.

When I start dating again I am definitely signing up for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Maguined wrote: »
    I know plenty of people have commented at how daunting these websites are but they sound like great craic to me. I am not even dating right now but I would love to sign up to OKCupid just to chat to randomer's but even though I know there is an option for looking for friends only I would still feel guilty for wasting peoples time, it is a dating site after all.

When I start dating again I am definitely signing up for this.

It's not just a dating site. You can use it to make friends or just chat to people. Just specify that in your profile.

Oh and Galvs,chin up!The right girl is waiting out there for you somewhere :)

panda100 wrote: »
    Oh and Galvs,chin up!The right girl is waiting out there for you somewhere :)

I'm not especially looking for the right girl, just one that isn't a foul temptress that will lead me on before casting me aside as callously as one would the Metro newspaper.

Tempted as I am to send out a strongly worded email I sense the futility in such, so instead I will post a picture of me slaying a demon...

Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-Demon-Slaying.jpg&sa=X&ei=_KnJTbfOMY2WhQfy17WtDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE1glKAnmuRy7U-C3W_t7npLfwedw

Much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Why do people just send one liners?

Also why do people feel the need to quote your profile text... like literally put sentences in quotation marks a la LC English and comment on them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Hmm, what can I say if she hasn't got the balls (poor choice of words) to give me the mercy of a simple 'thanks but no thanks' after acting so keen then she's a coward and I'm better off without

I think you'll find opinion unanimous here that it's most definitely her loss, Galvasean.

Tremelo wrote: »
    I think you'll find opinion unanimous here that it's most definitely her loss, Galvasean.

Appealing to my vanity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'm not especially looking for the right girl, just one that isn't a foul temptress that will lead me on before casting me aside as callously as one would the Metro newspaper.

Much better.

In fairness to her she may have felt that she liked you at first, there's only so much you can learn from an email. That said the least she could do is send a text or email saying Thanks, but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Gillo wrote: »
    In fairness to her she may have felt that she liked you at first, there's only so much you can learn from an email. That said the least she could do is send a text or email saying Thanks, but no thanks.

Yeah you are probably right folks but, in fairness to her, maybe she has done that before and been bombarded with 'why?' 'Im a great guy, give me a chance' and they are the nicer messages that I have heard people receive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Lol, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The one time I got a definite "no thanks", I sent a simple "no worries" sort if reply, but yeah I see where you are coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

kingtut wrote: »
    No buts just do it! Take the bull by the horns and ask him out on a date! Nothing nicer than a girl making the first move imo :)

Okay sent him a message last night asking him if he fancied meeting for a drink. Have to wait and see.
    Bye the way - its ages since I have been referred to as a girl! lol :D

Slight change of plan regarding my offer to cook dinner for her when next we meet. We both live at home so we'd have limited privacy. I suggested we treat ourselves to a hotel on Saturday night instead, and she said yes. So, I'm still going to prepare food, but we'll dine in our hotel room. I'm thinking a delicious salad, guacamole, and other nice things.

I suppose at this stage I should stop posting in this thread about it. I've completely moved beyond ID with her and it's starting to feel improper to post about her here. Basically, ID worked for me. I'm a big fan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

Slight change of plan regarding my offer to cook dinner for her when next we meet. We both live at home so we'd have limited privacy. I suggested we treat ourselves to a hotel on Saturday night instead, and she said yes. So, I'm still going to prepare food, but we'll dine in our hotel room. I'm thinking a delicious salad, guacamole, and other nice things.

I suppose at this stage I should stop posting in this thread about it. I've completely moved beyond ID with her and it's starting to feel improper to post about her here. Basically, ID worked for me. I'm a big fan :)

Hotel room? \o/ :D

'Grats!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm thinking a delicious salad, guacamole, and other nice things.
    ha ha ha, I bet you are!

Good stuff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Tried Online Dating... But Tbh Noone Seems interested! :( Maybe I Scare Them Away

ha ha ha, I bet you are!

Good stuff anyway.

LOL - I was referring to the food actually, and have posted a mayday here :o

Okay sent him a message last night asking him if he fancied meeting for a drink. Have to wait and see.
    Bye the way - its ages since I have been referred to as a girl! lol :D

Fair play!

[Start flirting] well I'd call you a beautiful young woman which you probably are but I haven't seen any photos of you yet ;) [end flirting]

Let us know what happens! I really hope it all works out for you!!! :)

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Tried Online Dating... But Tbh Noone Seems interested! :( Maybe I Scare Them Away

Don't give up!!

Do you have photos on your profile? Is your profile very bare and says nothing about you? I get a lot of messages from women however most of the messages lead me to think that they have not even read my profile and only looked at my pics :rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

kingtut wrote: »
    Don't give up!!

Do you have photos on your profile? Is your profile very bare and says nothing about you? I get a lot of messages from women however most of the messages lead me to think that they have not even read my profile and only looked at my pics :rolleyes::(

haha yeh iv a few pics up :) ah its not bare... and its not full of text talk either :) ah maybe im just not meant ta date hahaha

• Advertisement

amandaf675 wrote: »
    haha yeh iv a few pics up :) ah its not bare... and its not full of text talk either :) ah maybe im just not meant ta date hahaha

Ah no everyone is meant to date I think :)
    Do you ever send guys messages or do you wait for them to send you ones? No harm in making the first move if you don't usually...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement