Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Whiskey, condoms, shaving foam, a rant about Gillette razors, aftershave, replacing the cable on a strimmer, oil, head gaskets, screwdrivers, wd40, deadlifts, silege... Among the hundreds of manly topics that could be discussed.

But no. Dress sizes.

Lads get it together will ye!

On topic... Should I actually message this woman that keeps viewing my profile, and if I do, how do I approach it?

Approach it like you would any other that you have messaged before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Vanbis wrote: »
    Approach it like you would any other that you have messaged before.

Or say she caught your eye from your list of views.

I've hidden my OKCupid profile for the moment. Think it is time to take a break from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

Whiskey, condoms, shaving foam, a rant about Gillette razors, aftershave, replacing the cable on a strimmer, oil, head gaskets, screwdrivers, wd40, deadlifts, silege... Among the hundreds of manly topics that could be discussed.

But no. Dress sizes.

Lads get it together will ye!

On topic... Should I actually message this woman that keeps viewing my profile, and if I do, how do I approach it?

Yup, sorry about that! :pac:

Yes, do message her, just see what's up to fook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well I suppose it comes down to whether or not you fancy her? if so, then why not.

why you taking a break PK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Discodog wrote: »
    Surely it depends on age. If you are an 8 I would describe you as slim.

Good user name btw - could mean yeah I am here or yea him here !. Good job the size 8 clarifies things ......or does it !
    I think it's more that i never really put a focus on weight so for me,average has a massive range depending on what looks natural for someone and those around them.more than likely why everyone has a different definition.

Lol never thought my user name could have a double meaning before!but yes you got it right,i'm female.

• Advertisement

Taking a break as it is pretty much the same faces online all the time. I've either met, ignored or been ignored by most people in my age range in Wicklow or Dublin. Not necessarily taking a break from dating, just from online dating.

Plus with the job and interview circuit I'm on, I've no real definite idea of where I'll be long-term. So I thought it's no harm to take a break for a bit. Plus a lack of money is not really suited to having to go on dates, which 9 times out of 10 will require either them or me to travel. Dublin people don't seem to want to take a train trip to Wicklow to see me :pac:

Taking a break as it is pretty much the same faces online all the time.

Thats one thing i have noticed in the last few days myself, same faces keep appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Someone just visited my profile and told me I was quite cute

aawww:o

I've only noticed one member from boards on OkC, not that i am looking.

The fact that some have the same username in both places makes it easy at times to find them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I've never come across anyone from boards.

Never spotted any profiles either.

:pac:

The fact that some have the same username in both places makes it easy at times to find them :D

I hadn't noticed except for myself of course :)

I hadn't noticed except for myself of course :)

you show up in my matches

LOL

I've never come across anyone from boards.

Never spotted any profiles either.

:pac:

Ahem

you show up in my matches

LOL

Well come and say hello :D

I haven't knowingly spotted any boardsies, found one by accident! Been spotted by a couple though. Wouldn't really know what many of ye look like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys. Just wondering about this..

So, myself and two of my friends all joined the online dating site. Now, one of my friends, Anna* met a guy and she's totally smitten. They get on great and have been seeing each other lots for the past month. The guy pretty much asked to be boyfriend/girlfriend on the spot. I thought this was kinda weird but thought feck it its online dating so its not the usual route of how things happen, whatever.

I haven't been on the site myself in a few weeks due to studying and meeting a nice guy myself but my other friend just told me last night that Anna's beau is still online on this site. Online all week apparently.

I don't think its right personally. Any advice? Should it be okay for him to still be viewing? When do you stop logging into your account after meeting someone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I haven't knowingly spotted any boardsies, found one by accident!

was that me?

I've found loads of boardsies on OKC.

was that me?

I've found loads of boardsies on OKC.

Yeah t'was you alright. A few others have emailed asking if I was ParkerKent. I probably found Boardsies, just I didn't recognise them or else they've never put a photo up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

I've found a few boardsies, a guy I worked with and some friends!!

:eek:

• Advertisement

I've never stumbled on anyone I know on OKC. Which is probably a good thing.

I've never stumbled on anyone I know on OKC. Which is probably a good thing.

I'm hurt HB, really hurt :(

I'm hurt HB, really hurt :(

I meant people from work/college etc. I'd never hurt you now would I?

Also I'm loving this "HB" thing. Everytime someone abbreviates my screen-name all I can think of is "I am an ice cream!"

I meant people from work/college etc. I'd never hurt you now would I?

Also I'm loving this "HB" thing. Everytime someone abbreviates my screen-name all I can think of is "I am an ice cream!"

hhhmmm edible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

lickable?! :p

lickable?! :p

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Hey you're the one that mentioned icecream around women....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

& melts when things get too hot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So far 1 boardsie has sent me a message on POF... I can go a week on POF and get messages from 7/8 women and some weeks only get 1/2... weird...

Proud to say I have only had to be the first to send a message once, my faith in women making the first move is slowly returning!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

kingtut wrote: »
    So far 1 boardsie has sent me a message on POF... I can go a week on POF and get messages from 7/8 women and some weeks only get 1/2... weird...

It never rains its pours :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement