Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I haven't been on the site myself in a few weeks due to studying and meeting a nice guy myself but my other friend just told me last night that Anna's beau is still online on this site. Online all week apparently.

I don't think its right personally. Any advice? Should it be okay for him to still be viewing? When do you stop logging into your account after meeting someone??

I don't know that i'd think that much of it. but the way I would go about it is to talk to your friend about it. I mean maybe she still has hers up? I mean it's only been a month so it's not really dangerous territory yet, from a bystanders point of view, but maybe your friend wouldn't be happy about it.
    kingtut wrote: »
    So far 1 boardsie has sent me a message on POF... I can go a week on POF and get messages from 7/8 women and some weeks only get 1/2... weird...

Proud to say I have only had to be the first to send a message once, my faith in women making the first move is slowly returning!! :)

you must be a looker ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

I use POf and i ever had once bad experiece from a date! put me off for ages and yet im still single.....:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

you must be a looker ;):)

Unfortunately not but if you are a boards stalker you can find out for yourself ;)

Edit - You have 7,777 posts btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I dont know any Boardies or what they look like so I dont know if Ive seen any of you on POF :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I dont know any Boardies or what they look like so I dont know if Ive seen any of you on POF :D;)

You will find plenty of them in the picture thread in the ladies lounge including yours truly if you look hard enough :):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

kingtut wrote: »
    Unfortunately not but if you are a boards stalker you can find out for yourself ;)

Edit - You have 7,777 posts btw :D

i know, it's so pretty looking... alas it is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Ive tried and it just dont seem to work for me! Ive mailed alot of people and the last message i recieved was on the 5th :(

But going out and finding a guy dont seem to work either Haha

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Ive tried and it just dont seem to work for me! Ive mailed alot of people and the last message i recieved was on the 5th :(

But going out and finding a guy dont seem to work either Haha

lol i know the feelin to well, guys come up to me when im workin in the club and clearly they are well hammered not cool if tryin to impress a lady, there is another website called anotherfriend.com...only know this as the late late show had a discussion about online dating and people on the show actually got married. fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

yoyo83 wrote: »
    lol i know the feelin to well, guys come up to me when im workin in the club and clearly they are well hammered not cool if tryin to impress a lady, there is another website called anotherfriend.com...only know this as the late late show had a discussion about online dating and people on the show actually got married. fair play to them!

"Nightclub sleaze mode". Lovely!

Lol even with beer goggles felas dont talk to me :(

• Advertisement

"Nightclub sleaze mode". Lovely!

ya someone couldnt even speak properly so i told to keep walking lol

Lol even with beer goggles felas dont talk to me :(
    beer googles fellas are a pain in the arse. have u ever tried speed dating?

beer googles fellas are a pain in the arse. have u ever tried speed dating?

nope.. havent got the nerve for that

ya someone couldnt even speak properly so i told to keep walking lol

Seen it and used to be subject to it from drunken women when I was behind the bar too. In fairness its a laugh sometimes.

nope.. havent got the nerve for that

ya same here think its a bit stupid lol

ya same here think its a bit stupid lol

i just dont think it'd b my kinda thing

i just dont think it'd b my kinda thing

where have u met guys before?

through friends or strange as it may be, accidental texts

through friends or strange as it may be, accidental texts

ya that happend me one time accidental txts only lasted 3 weeks, he dumped me on new years eve! that sucks big time! he couldnt get his ex out of his stupid head! grrrr..lol

ya that happend me one time accidental txts only lasted 3 weeks, he dumped me on new years eve! that sucks big time! he couldnt get his ex out of his stupid head! grrrr..lol

i met my most recent ex through a random text :) Lasted a year!

• Advertisement

i met my most recent ex through a random text :) Lasted a year!

nice one, i jst broke up with the fella there on mon as he never made the time to see me and i got no txt of him to beg me to take him back, his loss

nice one, i jst broke up with the fella there on mon as he never made the time to see me and i got no txt of him to beg me to take him back, his loss

im single 8 months :)

im single 8 months :)

theres plenty more fish in the sea but as long u dont find bin laden lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmmm, So y'know the way a girl messgaed me on OKC a couple of days ago. she just said my job sounded cool and asked a quick question about it. Now I don't fancy her but wanted to reply out of politeness, so I just answered her question, nothing chatty.
    She mailed me back asking me where do i live.... Is that really strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

She could just be trying to make conversation with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Galvasean wrote: »
    Hmmm, So y'know the way a girl messgaed me on OKC a couple of days ago. she just said my job sounded cool and asked a quick question about it. Now I don't fancy her but wanted to reply out of politeness, so I just answered her question, nothing chatty.
    She mailed me back asking me where do i live.... Is that really strange?

Depends, is she asking for your precise address or a location like county/city.

Larianne wrote: »
    She could just be trying to make conversation with you?

Or she could be a Velociraptor waiting to pounce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ah not really? Sounds like just general conversation (unless maybe she was asking for your home address :p:)).
    May as well chat to her a bit even if ya don't fancy her (not just out of politeness either; though understandable if ya get a lot of mail); good opportunity to get to know someone regardless of dating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Depends, is she asking for your precise address or a location like county/city.

She just asked where I live so i'd imagine she just meant town/city. Although it does say that on my profile.
    It just seems an odd jump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sounds like general chat and maybe finding out if it would be a LDR :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement