Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

Eh, yeh, I knew. Has :pac: lost all meaning??

he was very ignorant and too cocky for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I was just asked on a date! :o:eek:

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I was just asked on a date! :o:eek:

very good, did u say yes?

yoyo83 wrote: »
    very good, did u say yes?

I did :eek:

but with my track record Ile believe it when I see it!

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I did :eek:

but with my track record Ile believe it when I see it!

go with the flow

• Advertisement

yoyo83 wrote: »
    go with the flow

Will do, hopefully it will happen, I need to get back dating and see what its like out there, its been too long :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Does a guy mailing you and constantly calling you 'sexy' turn you off them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Yes :pac:

Yes :pac:

:D

seriously... I can't stand it!!!!! :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Is it just me is there only a pool of about 25 girls using OKcupid (in Dublin)? :pac:

• Advertisement

Is it just me is there only a pool of about 25 girls using OKcupid (in Dublin)? :pac:

I tried it, didn't like it... left... retreated to POF and TGC!!

Just had a quick look on POF there and it seems to be a lot of 'Ah well I'm a fun lovin gal love ta party jaysus I'm mad craic wha!!!! ;-) xoxxo' which doesn't really get my motor whirring. Though maybe I'm being a bit crotchety.

Although, haha at this:
    Why would I want a man? They're all emotionally retarded, egotistical pricks who **** with your head. They try to control you and make you feel like the whore of Babylon if you wear a mini skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Just had a quick look on POF there and it seems to be a lot of 'Ah well I'm a fun lovin gal love ta party jaysus I'm mad craic wha!!!! ;-) xoxxo' which doesn't really get my motor whirring. Though maybe I'm being a bit crotchety.

Kept getting messages from such ladies and deleted my account. All action has stopped on OKC from what I can tell too. Awaiting a message from the blue somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Ugh!! Hun, babe etc in the first message is just as bad. They dont even get a reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah something about it says creep.that is in the 'u r sexy bbz' kinda way,rather than telling you you're sexy every now and again.but even from a stranger that'd be a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

How is anyone interested in those women? I'd nothing like that on my profile,it was never pointed out that some had,so I never knew.i was underappreciated! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

How is anyone interested in those women? I'd nothing like that on my profile,it was never pointed out that some had,so I never knew.i was underappreciated! :pac:

The vast majority of female profiles on PoF are beyond dreadful. So any woman who makes an effort to fill out a decent profile has an instant advantage imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tremelo wrote: »
    The vast majority of female profiles on PoF are beyond dreadful. So any woman who makes an effort to fill out a decent profile has an instant advantage imo :)

Same can be said for the fellas. :cool:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

POF is a good way of sorting the wheat from the chav. That's not a typo btw :pac:

• Advertisement

You really don't want to make a typo when putting plentyoffish in the address bar. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

oh God... what pray tell do you find?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Larianne you just know that everybody is now going to try and see what we find!

:D

NSFW by the way if you do.

*sigh* :rolleyes:

hello IM <modsnip>,I read your profile and I feel we may have a lot in common?would I interest you??you are very pretty

My reply

Hi...

Thanks for the mail. Have to be honest, I'm not really
    looking for get involved with someone who has
    children/isn't looking for children.

I'm not looking for kids right now, so don't think I'm a
    psycho... it's just there's not much point embarking on
    something if it's clear from the outset that we're looking
    for different things.

Best of luck,
    D :-)

His reply

ok thanks for the reply.xx

....and 2 mins later from him..... :rolleyes:

im looking for a regular daytime only f buddy??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

*sigh* :rolleyes:

hello IM <modsnip>,I read your profile and I feel we may have a lot in common?would I interest you??you are very pretty

My reply

Hi...

Thanks for the mail. Have to be honest, I'm not really
    looking for get involved with someone who has
    children/isn't looking for children.

I'm not looking for kids right now, so don't think I'm a
    psycho... it's just there's not much point embarking on
    something if it's clear from the outset that we're looking
    for different things.

Best of luck,
    D :-)

His reply

How could you trun down such an offer? With charm like that from him:P.

But seriously :eek::eek::eek::eek: thats ridicilous it almost makes me feel ashamed to be a man, I wonder does that kind of approach ever work youve got to think it does since so many men seem to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

rofl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

might work on the xxxxlololxxxx, luv nites out with da girls xoxox type

How could you trun down such an offer? With charm like that from him:P.

But seriously :eek::eek::eek::eek: thats ridicilous it almost makes me feel ashamed to be a man, I wonder does that kind of approach ever work youve got to think it does since so many men seem to try it.

You should be ashamed to be a man.... you're all dirrrrrrty :p

• Advertisement

I know the feeling of being ashamed to be a man. Try sitting in a chat room for a few hours and see how they act when a female - or at least someone pretending to be a female - enters.

Better still one of my gfs uses chat rooms too and I get to read her logs sometimes so I see what guys say in Private Messages to try and "get" a girl. How any of them think some of those lines will work is beyond me. Two that stood out for me were guys PMing her with "If I was 2 inches tall what would you do with me" and "Have you ever got into strangling men with your legs".

I shudder to think what answer the former of those two is hoping for.

And these charming lines are the first thing they say. No hello or how are ya first... just straight into it. Also often when it comes out in the chat room that she is one of my gfs... I often quickly get private messages asking if I like to "share"... as if girls were like DVDs that you just lend out for the fun of it.

After years of seeing guys like this act like that, I always find myself with a wry smile when some thread or other on a forum starts up with a question like why girls are so wary of guys or cold in night clubs or some such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement