Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

MudSkipper wrote: »
    might work on the xxxxlololxxxx, luv nites out with da girls xoxox type

Thing is, there's just so many different types of people on the one site. What might not be suitable for you, may work for someone else..

At least the guy was honest to say what he was looking for. Saves everyone time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Larianne wrote: »
    Thing is, there's just so many different types of people on the one site. What might not be suitable for you, may work for someone else..

At least the guy was honest to say what he was looking for. Saves everyone time! :)

His profile stated he was looking for something entirely different to a nsa arrangement... only when I said I wasn't interested, did he suggest the f*** buddy thing...so he wasn't being entirely honest

His profile stated he was looking for something entirely different to a nsa arrangement... only when I said I wasn't interested, did he suggest the f*** buddy thing...so he wasn't being entirely honest

I'd say he was just sticking the knife in...

Lucky escape. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Mod hat.

Guys,I have no issue with discussion or posting of mails received/sent however please remove any specific details,particularly names,anything that may identify someone.I know its highly unlikely that anything would or could arise however its better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Speaking of which, my sis showed me some of the unusual mails she recieved. It seems men like to email girls noodie pics of themselves. So if Galvasean recognises you at Saturday's beers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

So I decided to re dip my toes back in the world of online dating. I had fun the last time, met some great people, some not so great.

THis time i decided to do it a little different............I actually put a lot more effort into my profile Everything from hobbies, likes, dislikes, goals etc. It does not seem to be working? Previously I had some attention when I did not have half as much on it as most answers were very tongue in cheek.

So now I wonder if I have put too much info up or maybe the wrong info or maybe I am an ugly git (although I do well in real life)

Ladies your input is required.........

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

MudSkipper wrote: »
    might work on the xxxxlololxxxx, luv nites out with da girls xoxox type

So many poor unfortunates have keyboards with no t & h keys. It's an outrage! The government needs to get their act together and put a plan in place to help these people afford new keys.

:pac:

frag420 wrote: »
    So I decided to re dip my toes back in the world of online dating. I had fun the last time, met some great people, some not so great.

THis time i decided to do it a little different............I actually put a lot more effort into my profile Everything from hobbies, likes, dislikes, goals etc. It does not seem to be working? Previously I had some attention when I did not have half as much on it as most answers were very tongue in cheek.

So now I wonder if I have put too much info up or maybe the wrong info or maybe I am an ugly git (although I do well in real life)

Ladies your input is required.........

frAg

I find that on POF I get less messages with a more lengthy profile. I think it's just that sort of site unfortunately. I might try cut mine back to the bare minimum and see how I get on. :rolleyes:

I'm a guy btw... well last time I checked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I think we should all just forget the online dating and date each other on this thread, we all seem to hate and like the same things re good/bad profiles etc :D:D;)

Yeah but then where would we go to bítch about each other?? :confused:

• Advertisement

Hmmmm I didnt think that through did I!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Online dating sites!

Online dating sites!

:D

It doesn't matter because nobody will read the rants anyways. :(

Dord wrote: »
    :D

It doesn't matter because nobody will read the rants anyways. :(

Someday, someone that actually matters will;)

Would you all tell your friends/family that your new boy/girlfriend was someone you met online?

Would you all tell your friends/family that your new boy/girlfriend was someone you met online?

Yeah wouldnt bother me at all

Yup. I would be more embarrassed saying, "I snogged her in a niteclub".

Yep, doesn't bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yup. I would be more embarrassed saying, "I snogged her in a niteclub".

Surely you'd just say you met her on a night out?

Hmmm.. I dunno.. I'd still be a bit iffy about it. Although, turns out my brother is on the same site so he can't be slagging me for it. :pac:

• Advertisement

I think people would be a lot more accepting, and it would most likely be simpler if you just said 'we met on a night out'.

Saves judgement and questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Dord wrote: »
    I find that on POF I get less messages with a more lengthy profile. I think it's just that sort of site unfortunately. I might try cut mine back to the bare minimum and see how I get on. :rolleyes:

I'm a guy btw... well last time I checked. :D

Well I guess my options are to remove some details and increase the mystery or like a real life fisherman...........

Sit back, relax and wait for a bite,

I think it is changing, slowly. I've seen quite a few people I know in real life on the site. But I do think some people would still look at me oddly if I said I met my partner online. Ridiculous I know, since we do so much communication via the internet - internet, emails...

Surely you'd just say you met her on a night out?
    I think people would be a lot more accepting, and it would most likely be simpler if you just said 'we met on a night out'.

Saves judgement and questions...

My parents are a bot more clued in than that. If i said "we met on a night out" my Dad would most likely say, "lobbed it into her did ya!? :pac:"
    Then he would twiddle his glorious mustache.

I think it is changing, slowly. I've seen quite a few people I know in real life on the site. But I do think some people would still look at me oddly if I said I met my partner online. Ridiculous I know, since we do so much communication via the internet - internet, emails...

Anyone I've ever mentioned my experiences in online dating to was more curious than anything. "I must try it myself some time" is a common response.

Yep, I got about three of my friends into it. But they are the sort of people who'd be open to it. I know others would look at me strangely if I said it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

My dad met his girlfriend online actually! But thinks none of us know.nothing for me to be ashamed of I just know they'd think it odd.but then wouldn't ask in the first place.probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

lads i've a confession to make. have been dipping in and out of this thread for a while, so last night, i set up a pof account using photos of a girl i know. i don't blame girls for complaining about the site at all. i think in less than 24 hours, i've had more than 140 messages. at least 90% just said 'hi' or some vague variation. it was just awful.

now i have to say, there has been the odd one that, if i was a chick, i'd have been impressed by the messages. there was one guy that just chose to rant for absolutely no reason at all.

this was his first message:
    rite this is what i dont get u ask for inventive.. then when people be inventive they just look retarded or use class them as weirdo's ... how about u give them a chance and reply back to der hi how are you mails and see how inventive they are afterward

its hard work tryin to be funny inventive and be kind to a complete stranger cos no1 knows your humor hense them tryin to get to know you !!

real easy sittin on your hole gettin the mails try mailing people and be inventive see how good you are hahahahahahahahahaha

rant over lol sorry :P

what a classy guy!!

That's kinda shít man..

It just makes it harder for the rest of us if people keep doing that sort of stuff on these sites.. How do we know who's genuine or not..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

sorry, it's deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement