Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Vanbis wrote: »
    The thoughts of waking up hangover free tomorrow is tempting but after watching the Heinken cup final, i'm tempted to meet up with friends.

Good luck with your Mr. texter, maybe as suggested give him a text tomorrow and see what he says.

thanks I will update when I have news ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Denisejcc wrote: »
    thanks I will update when I have news ;)

And hopefully its good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

So have you gone on a second date. do you like him?

No, because he hasn't asked me. But still texting me. :confused:
    We get on. I said I was available. I don't understand it really. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

They dont know what theyre mssing do they Tremelo!:D
    Larianne wrote: »
    I've ended up in a similar situation so I kinda forgot about him as I pretty much asked him were we gonna stay penpals? Still no 2nd date so I left initiating any texts but now he's texting all the friggin time!! :confused:

Texts are so bloody ... unknowable! I think I'm being put to the test by text with the girl I'm seeing at the moment. I know she wants to take things slowly, and it's a slow burn anyway, but sheesh, after last weekend I would have expected the text frequency between meet-ups to have increased just a bit. But nope! I texted her on Monday night, got a pretty tame reply and was a bit disheartened. I decided to play it very cool then and didn't text her again. Ball in her court after my big effort last weekend and the Monday text and all that. She blinked first and texted me yesterday... I won't see her again for a fortnight as she'll be away, and I've no doubt that we will meet up two weekends away and have a lovely time...but the in-between part is a *bit* trying for me. I've a theory that she's testing my Neediness Level, so I intend to demonstrate that it's very low indeed :D

I despise these games, but they need to be played it seems, and if you don't participate in the early stages, things tend to go awry.

Has he even hinted at a second date or have you asked or suggested one?

• Advertisement

Yeah me neither, what is the point in the constant texting none of us needs a text friend! And i dont believe they are working up the courage, they already know we wil meet them, I wonder is it a power trip thing, they leave us hanging waiting to hear when they will allowus to meet them. Thats what annoys me.. GAMES :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Tremelo wrote: »
    Texts are so bloody ... unknowable! I think I'm being put to the test by text with the girl I'm seeing at the moment. I know she wants to take things slowly, and it's a slow burn anyway, but sheesh, after last weekend I would have expected the text frequency between meet-ups to have increased just a bit. But nope! I texted her on Monday night, got a pretty tame reply and was a bit disheartened. I decided to play it very cool then and didn't text her again. Ball in her court after my big effort last weekend and the Monday text and all that. She blinked first and texted me yesterday... I won't see her again for a fortnight as she'll be away, and I've no doubt that we will meet up two weekends away and have a lovely time...but the in-between part is a *bit* trying for me. I've a theory that she's testing my Neediness Level, so I intend to demonstrate that it's very low indeed :D

I despise these games, but they need to be played it seems, and if you don't participate in the early stages, things tend to go awry.

just one big ugh to that. hate those games. but unfortunately you end up playing them yourself because of other people doing it. don't envy you.

Eugh games really get on my nerves! No need for them I dont think they have to be played. We are all adults and if two people like each other, go with the flow and meet up without all the messing with texts! Ha ha she may be sorry if shes expecting you to bombard her with texts :rolleyes:

I'm really not into these things. I'm an honest and open person.
    Has he even hinted at a second date or have you asked or suggested one?

At the end of date number 1 he asked would I be up for it again after exams and I said yes.

We're also friends on FB. He asked to add me two days after the date. So been chatting via FB chat. Anyway, the week following me finishing exams I just asked "Let me know when you're free or are we gonna stay penpals?". I think that's a pretty forward statement to say.

Anyway... no date. He pops up on FB chat and chats away. Or sends me a text. He sent me a text by 'mistake' today. I honestly don't know what the score is.
    Yeah me neither, what is the point in the constant texting none of us needs a text friend! And i dont believe they are working up the courage, they already know we wil meet them, I wonder is it a power trip thing, they leave us hanging waiting to hear when they will allowus to meet them. Thats what annoys me.. GAMES :mad:

I don't know. But life really is too short so I'm gonna ask him what the story is next time he texts.

just one big ugh to that. hate those games. but unfortunately you end up playing them yourself because of other people doing it. don't envy you.

Exactly. I wouldn't mind but I was very straight with her last weekend as to what I'm about. Told her I like her a lot and all that. Then she goes a bit cool. If I text her too often, I could come across as pushy or intense, as she seems wary of that kind of thing (which she rightly should be). I really made a big effort for her last weekend, so she absolutely knows where I stand. She's not a texter/talker anyway. She's not very good at conversation when we're alone, but for some reason it doesn't matter at all. So really, she is setting the pace here. Like you said, you can have the best of intentions yourself about not playing games, but if the other person starts, you simply have to play it too, or lose out. It's annoying as hell, and either it'll blow over soon and we'll move to the next phase, or my patience will wear out and I will move on. I'm hanging in there though, as I think she is potentially a keeper :)

• Advertisement

Exactly. I wouldn't mind but I was very straight with her last weekend as to what I'm about. Told her I like her a lot and all that. Then she goes a bit cool. If I text her too often, I could come across as pushy or intense, as she seems wary of that kind of thing (which she rightly should be). I really made a big effort for her last weekend, so she absolutely knows where I stand. She's not a texter/talker anyway. She's not very good at conversation when we're alone, but for some reason it doesn't matter at all. So really, she is setting the pace here. Like you said, you can have the best of intentions yourself about not playing games, but if the other person starts, you simply have to play it too, or lose out. It's annoying as hell, and either it'll blow over soon and we'll move to the next phase, or my patience will wear out and I will move on. I'm hanging in there though, as I think she is potentially a keeper :)

Should it really be that difficult?? :confused:

I don't know. But life really is too short so I'm gonna ask him what the story is next time he texts.

I think thats a good idea. No one likes mind games. If it was me id just be honest and let them know.

Should it really be that difficult?? :confused:

No, it shouldn't! I'll hang in there a bit longer like I said. Everyone is different. From reading what you wrote, I'd be of a very similar mindset to you, but I'm willing to give things the benefit of the doubt with this girl, as we do get along very well and there's *something* terrific about her, something that makes me think we could be great together. And in the end, we've only met four times so far. So I'll not rush it. But my patience meter has now dipped well below the 50% full mark RE communication. I'll give it one more meet-up and see what happens. Will probably have to have a chat with her about the poor communication. Not looking forward to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

I've ended up in a similar situation so I kinda forgot about him as I pretty much asked him were we gonna stay penpals? Still no 2nd date so I left initiating any texts but now he's texting all the friggin time!! :confused:
    Ah sounds like he was perhaps checking somebody else out first, and that didn't work out? Perhaps I'm being a bit too cynical there :)
    Ya, don't understand games like that at all; wouldn't have the patience for it myself, as if you let yourself get involved in it, it could just be an endless mindfúck trying to read the other persons mind.
    People should just be direct; easier for everyone then :)

Ah sounds like he was perhaps checking somebody else out first, and that didn't work out? Perhaps I'm being a bit too cynical there :)

What I was thinking myself. The cheek. :pac:

I think that is the thing with online dating, you don't know if they are seeing anyone else. Not saying everyone does it either.

I think that is the thing with online dating, you don't know if they are seeing anyone else. Not saying everyone does it either.

I don't mind that as I'm in the same position myself. I'd just like a yah or nay on a date.

I don't mind that as I'm in the same position myself. I'd just like a yah or nay on a date.

What do you think he is thinking then through the text converstations you have had, does he seem interested do you think? No one likes mind games but it seems it happens more often then not.

What do you think he is thinking then through the text converstations you have had, does he seem interested do you think? No one likes mind games but it seems it happens more often then not.

I dunno. I mean I'm pleasant and jokey etc. Why else would he text or FB chat me? :confused:

I dunno. I mean I'm pleasant and jokey etc. Why else would he text or FB chat me? :confused:

Well i'm not sure, he may like you but is just not too sure wheather that is as a friend or something more.

Leave him for a couple of days even if he does text you, if he still doesn't ask you out, then come out and ask him he wants to meet up. I do think its a bit strange to add you to facebook so soon but maybe its just to chat to you online instead though text.

• Advertisement

Well i'm not sure, he may like you but is just not too sure wheather that is as a friend or something more.

Leave him for a couple of days even if he does text you, if he still doesn't ask you out, then come out and ask him he wants to meet up. I do think its a bit strange to add you to facebook so soon but maybe its just to chat to you online instead though text.

I think the FB thing was to check that I was to see if I was who I said I was. I'm that deadly, yah. :cool:

:pac:

I think the FB thing was to check that I was to see if I was who I said I was. I'm that deadly, yah. :cool:

:pac:

:D, no doubt you are. I just thought it was bit strange, i wouldn't do something like at all. You can always just use MSN or Gmail to chat.

Just ask him next time and if he hesitates at all then you'll have your answer.

:D, no doubt you are. I just thought it was bit strange, i wouldn't do something like at all. You can always just use MSN or Gmail to chat.

Just ask him next time and if he hesitates at all then you'll have your answer.

Yeah just want an answer at this stage to be honest! Have two other dates lined up anyways. ;)

Yeah just want an answer at this stage to be honest! Have two other dates lined up anyways. ;)

Well i don't think you need anymore advice, you know what you need to do and also two dates :eek:. Go and enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm really thinking this POF "X wants to meet you" email thing is a load of made up bull.
    Just got a mail from a girl saying it told her I wanted to meet her. I definately didn't click yes to her (I don't even use the feature).
    Ad the girl it said wnated to meet me last week who I mailed only to get no response, it must just send out random names. A couple of people from England want to meet me too apparently :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Forget about texts, forget about Facebook, email etc & talk !. 10 mins chatting on the phone will tell you more than 100 texts. If you think that he may be spinning you a line or even worse married, then phone him at 9 pm without warning.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm really thinking this POF "X wants to meet you" email thing is a load of made up bull.
    Just got a mail from a girl saying it told her I wanted to meet her. I definately didn't click yes to her (I don't even use the feature).

That said, she's quite nice and we're meeting for coffee later. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Discodog wrote: »
    Forget about texts, forget about Facebook, email etc & talk !. 10 mins chatting on the phone will tell you more than 100 texts. If you think that he may be spinning you a line or even worse married, then phone him at 9 pm without warning.

I personally hate talking over the phone, and would absolutely hate it If someone I barely knew or hadn't even met yet rang me out of the blue. Differnet strokes for differnt folks I guess.

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »
    I personally hate talking over the phone, and would absolutely hate it If someone I barely knew or hadn't even met yet rang me out of the blue. Differnet strokes for differnt folks I guess.

Same with me. Sounds maybe a bit too keen in my book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement