Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

panda100 wrote: »
    I personally hate talking over the phone, and would absolutely hate it If someone I barely knew or hadn't even met yet rang me out of the blue. Differnet strokes for differnt folks I guess.

Yeah i'd be the same.dont know why though.but i'm definitely not one for long phone conversations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yeah i'd be the same.dont know why though.but i'm definitely not one for long phone conversations.

I like seeing peoples facial expressions when Im talking to them, and I can't think of anything to say when Im just talking into a plastic earpiece.
    I would much rather write an email or a letter than have a long phone conversation. I think its just means we're more writers than talkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I just don't like unexpected phone calls since I don't like seemingly being available for phone calls 24/7. If I was rang unexpectedly I'd probably just babble random nonsense. So I'd join in the text group here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

panda100 wrote: »
    I personally hate talking over the phone, and would absolutely hate it If someone I barely knew or hadn't even met yet rang me out of the blue. Differnet strokes for differnt folks I guess.

It's very difficult to have a conversation with someone you don't know but that you may want to meet!

I had a guy call me after giving him my number for what I thought was texting. :o We did manage to talk for half an hour which was grand. In saying that, I can usually waffle on. But I did find it uncomfortable. If you don't know someone and talk on the phone there's no visual ques to know if the conversation is going well or if you're boring them or if they get your joke etc.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Same with me. Sounds maybe a bit too keen in my book.

Yes, that's what I was thinking too.

I did say it too him that it wasn't the normal thing to do. :pac: He got a bit embarrassed then... But he's getting a date out of it when he's free. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Had a very random date last night with a guy I had been chatting to on POF. We were emailing and decided to go for a coffee on the spur of the moment.

We had coffee, then went for a walk and ended up having casual dinner together. Nice guy but he works overseas a lot (2/3 weeks a month)... had a nice kiss goodnight but don't see it going anywhere because of his travel...

What would I do if I wanted a spur of moment schnuggle??
    :(

• Advertisement

Awh oompa that's a pity.do you think you're going to continue anyway,and see how things go? Depends if you could do long distance.

I suppose with the texting thing I just like to do things in my own time.but I think after a time of getting to know someone if you couldn't do phone calls it might be a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I suppose with the texting thing I just like to do things in my own time.but I think after a time of getting to know someone if you couldn't do phone calls it might be a bit odd.

It's grand when you know the person, but I'd just find it odd with a stranger.

I'm not a massive fan of phone calls in general, but they are grand as long as it's not constant calls.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Larianne wrote: »
    It's very difficult to have a conversation with someone you don't know but that you may want to meet!

I had a guy call me after giving him my number for what I thought was texting. :o We did manage to talk for half an hour which was grand. In saying that, I can usually waffle on. But I did find it uncomfortable. If you don't know someone and talk on the phone there's no visual ques to know if the conversation is going well or if you're boring them or if they get your joke etc.
    haha once upon a time in a pub long, long ago, a girl I hadn't spoken to gave me her number on a napkin as she was leaving the bar. I rang her about 15 minutes later and she hung up on me immediately :D

I hate texting but it's a necessary evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I'm really thinking this POF "X wants to meet you" email thing is a load of made up bull.
    Just got a mail from a girl saying it told her I wanted to meet her. I definately didn't click yes to her (I don't even use the feature).
    Ad the girl it said wnated to meet me last week who I mailed only to get no response, it must just send out random names. A couple of people from England want to meet me too apparently :rolleyes:
    That said, she's quite nice and we're meeting for coffee later. :)

Wow, I was about to totally agree with your first post... but you got a date out of it, wow, go you!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That was.... a date. Yup. No real 'spark' there. Some awkward silences. Don't get me wrong she was a nice girl, I just don't feel like either of us were feeling it.
    Supposed to be meeting someone else tomorrow. At this rate I'll be all coffeed out! :pac:

• Advertisement

That was.... a date. Yup. No real 'spark' there. Some awkward silences. Don't get me wrong she was a nice girl, I just don't feel like either of us were feeling it.
    Supposed to be meeting someone else tomorrow. At this rate I'll be all coffeed out! :pac:

Wow you're on a roll!

Wow you're on a roll!

Doesn't mean I'm getting anywhere...

Okay this is a lil' creepy. I was in the process of writing a mail to a girl and before I could click send I get an email saying she added me to her favourites.
    This could get interesting...

Doesn't mean I'm getting anywhere...

Okay this is a lil' creepy. I was in the process of writing a mail to a girl and before I could click send I get an email saying she added me to her favourites.
    This could get interesting...

Not creepy really,an odd coincidence. Well it might be a good start if you were liking her,and she was also liking you :)

We're chatting right now actually. She seems quite nice.

We're chatting right now actually. She seems quite nice.

Please tell me your secret as Im still waiting for my first date from POF :(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Please tell me your secret as Im still waiting for my first date from POF :(:o

You still not heard back from your POF about meeting up?

Vanbis wrote: »
    You still not heard back from your POF about meeting up?

No, was texting yesterday.... I text him last night even though I said I wouldnt :rolleyes: but he hasnt responded yet, I usually get a reply straight away. So defo NOT texting again! Was chatting to another nice guy on POF yesterday, he added me as a favourite so hopefully he will get back in touch again. Im beginning to feel like a female version of Shrek :mad::mad:

No, was texting yesterday.... I text him last night even though I said I wouldnt :rolleyes: but he hasnt responded yet, I usually get a reply straight away. So defo NOT texting again! Was chatting to another nice guy on POF yesterday, he added me as a favourite so hopefully he will get back in touch again. Im beginning to feel like a female version of Shrek :mad::mad:

Ah don't be to hard on yourself. If he hasn't texted you back then just forget him. He hasn't the manners to even reply. Hopefully something comes along shortly, usually does when you least expect it.

Ah don't be to hard on yourself. If he hasn't texted you back then just forget him. He hasn't the manners to even reply. Hopefully something comes along shortly, usually does when you least expect it.

Yeah true I suppose, I just need to get out there and go on a date to get someone else off my mind that theres no hope with! I need a distraction badly :rolleyes:

Yeah true I suppose, I just need to get out there and go on a date to get someone else off my mind that theres no hope with! I need a distraction badly :rolleyes:

Grab the bull by the horns and make the first move, you could set it up for next weekend.

• Advertisement

Grab the bull by the horns and make the first move, you could set it up for next weekend.

No, I cant, he didnt even answer my text yet! If one of them gets in touch with me soon I will be brave and suggest it, I promise :D But they have to get in touch first!

No, I cant, he didnt even answer my text yet! If one of them gets in touch with me soon I will be brave and suggest it, I promise :D But they have to get in touch first!

Well i think you should forget the no show, he's missed his chance. Seems to be playing games, unless he has a good excuse.

Well i think you should forget the no show, he's missed his chance. Seems to be playing games, unless he has a good excuse.

Yeah I will have to get this other guys number instead! :D

Yeah I will have to get this other guys number instead! :D

Ah sure why not. I wish you continued success :D

Ah sure why not. I wish you continued success :D

Ha ha thanks, this thread will be first to know when something happens! :D;)

Yeah go for it. I'm sure he wont turn it down

I'll will have to follow it and see what happens with yourself and Larianne. I gave up after a week.

I'll will have to follow it and see what happens with yourself and Larianne. I gave up after a week.

Its defo better than another particular site I had to pay for, thats rubbish, at least I get a lot more messages with POF
    Yeah go for it. I'm sure he wont turn it down

I think women just dont like being put in the position where they have to do the asking,historically its always been the men that ask. I prefer it that way!;)

Yeah have to admit it'd have taken a while for it occur to me to say why dont you ask him. Though it is easier to do over text/email.

• Advertisement

Yeah have to admit it'd have taken a while for it occur to me to say why dont you ask him. Though it is easier to do over text/email.

But IF I was to ask these guys and they said no.... OUCH, nowhere to go from there!:rolleyes::o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement