Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Denisejcc wrote: »
    But IF I was to ask these guys and they said no.... OUCH, nowhere to go from there!:rolleyes::o

Well at least then you can focus your attention on someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Vanbis wrote: »
    Well at least then you can focus your attention on someone else.

True maybe I pin my hopes on one or two people too quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

No point in doing that, play the field!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Please tell me your secret as Im still waiting for my first date from POF :(:o

Have a member of the opposite sex look through your profile and help you amend it. I was getting nothing, nada zilch beforehand. Now I seem to be getting loads of mail. Yay!!! :D

If it makes you feel better, I'm getting radio silence from the chick I was supposed to be seeing tomorrow. Mailed and texted her to confirm time/place but she won't reply now. Silly girl. She was the instigator in all of this! And to think I was impressed by her moxy. :rolleyes:
    Oh well, the one I'm seeing later in the week is even better looking! :pac:

To be honest if your chatting to someone for a couple of days and getting along then you should ask if they would like to meet up with you. No harm in you doing the asking now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I know what you mean.best way to approach it really is to think there's plenty more out there... Sorry if that offends anyone

Galvasean wrote: »
    Have a member of the opposite sex look through your profile and help you amend it. I was getting nothing, nada zilch beforehand. Now I seem to be getting loads of mail. Yay!!! :D

If it makes you feel better, I'm getting radio silence from the chick I was supposed to be seeing tomorrow. Mailed and texted her to confirm time/place but she won't reply now. Silly girl. She was the instigator in all of this! And to think I was impressed by her moxy. :rolleyes:
    Oh well, the one I'm seeing later in the week is even better looking! :pac:

Two boardsies looked at my profile and I made changes :o

I know what you mean.best way to approach it really is to think there's plenty more out there... Sorry if that offends anyone

Plenty Of Fish out there you mean ;):D
    Vanbis wrote: »
    To be honest if your chatting to someone for a couple of days and getting along then you should ask if they would like to meet up with you. No harm in you doing the asking now and again.

I suppose Ive just never done that...but I will. next time I hear from them :D

I think you should :)

Plenty Of Fish out there you mean ;):D

Yeah :) I was trying to avoid that phrase.
    I so want to get the courage to approach some guy :(

• Advertisement

Is there one guy in particular?

Go for it, nothing to lose and they won't expect it either, surprise element.

So,Im gathering from all these comments that guys dont have an issue with a girl making the first move (after a few emails going back and forth) in asking the guy to meet up? Do they not think its 'pushy' or 'desperate' ?

So,Im gathering from all these comments that guys dont have an issue with a girl making the first move (after a few emails going back and forth) in asking the guy to meet up? Do they not think its 'pushy' or 'desperate' ?

For me it depends. If you've e-mailed each a few times and chatted to each other and got along and get a good vibe then why not ask? After all thats why everyone is on POF is it not? I know id be flattered if a girl made the first move and i'm sure most others would be as well.

Is there one guy in particular?

No,no one in particular.i'd have more motivation if there was one.anyway,i'm dragging this off topic.

No,no one in particular.i'd have more motivation if there was one.anyway,i'm dragging this off topic.

No youre not.. Well, im going to mention meeting up if one of these guys gets in contact and if they dont , I will wait for the next one. I mean I dont know them have never met them so its easier than if I was face to face with them. You should do the same and We'll compare notes :D

No youre not.. Well, im going to mention meeting up if one of these guys gets in contact and if they dont , I will wait for the next one. I mean I dont know them have never met them so its easier than if I was face to face with them. You should do the same and We'll compare notes :D

:) I meant it's off topic because i'm not talking about online dating anymore. Tbh i'm kinda afraid to ask any more out.i've done it with the few a met from OK.never got turned down but then they just wouldn't let it get to that point if they weren't going to say yes anyway.
    I would however love to go out with a girl and try it out :D

:) I meant it's off topic because i'm not talking about online dating anymore. Tbh i'm kinda afraid to ask any more out.i've done it with the few a met from OK.never got turned down but then they just wouldn't let it get to that point if they weren't going to say yes anyway.
    I would however love to go out with a girl and try it out :D

As Mr Nike says.. 'Just Do It' :D

I have said it before on thread and will no doubt say it again at some point, it's the 21st Century. Just do eeet!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have said it before on thread and will no doubt say it again at some point, it's the 21st Century. Just do eeet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easier said than done G - guys these days are not as nice as they used to be IMO, very picky and high maintenance:(

• Advertisement

Easier said than done G - guys these days are not as nice as they used to be IMO, very picky and high maintenance:(

I'm of the opinion that they aint gonna go out if you don't ask so you might as well ask

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

just ask :confused:

I'm of the opinion that they aint gonna go out if you don't ask so you might as well ask

Hmm... but what happened to the days when THEY used to ask:confused:

Awh no,what's happened?

Just have to clear it up there,i wasn't saying I want to go out with a girl... I was saying i'd like to go out,with a girl (friend) so that we could both pick up men :D just cause all my friends are guys....

Awh no,what's happened?

Sorry I just meant in general I hear the guys in work talking about girls and if she has the nerve to initiate anything she desperate or a slag etc etc :confused:

We gave you equal rights so you could ask us out from time to time. Now go ask a boy out or we'll take 'em back! :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

We have thankfully moved on from that

We gave you equal rights so you could ask us out from time to time. Now go ask a boy out or we'll take 'em back! :mad::pac:

Ha ha ha careful there G :P:D

Sorry I just meant in general I hear the guys in work talking about girls and if she has the nerve to initiate anything she desperate or a slag etc etc :confused:

They sound like dickheads TBH.
    I'm sure many a girl ridicules her potential suitors too...

• Advertisement

Thats complete bull to be honest. If girls did more asking there not be so many single girls/guys IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement