Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Galvasean wrote: »
    They sound like dickheads TBH.
    I'm sure many a girl ridicules her potential suitors too...

True on both counts G I cant claim its just the men that are at fault here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Vanbis wrote: »
    Thats complete bull to be honest. If girls did more asking there not be so many single girls/guys IMO.

and then there are the girls that ask and they get the "ah I'll see" response from guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

and then there are the girls that ask and they get the "ah I'll see" response from guys!

That reponse usually means No. I'd always give a straight answer.

Thats complete bull to be honest. If girls did more asking there not be so many single girls/guys IMO.

Its not complete bull , I hear these conversations every day of the week!

That reponse usually means No. I'd always give a straight answer.

hhmmm

• Advertisement

hhmmm

What are you hhmmm at?

What are you hhmmm at?

It's my thinking noise!

It's my thinking noise!

You smell something fishy ?

You smell something fishy ?

Nope :)

Just thinking - it is my downfall :D

Nope :)

Just thinking - it is my downfall :D

Hhmmm.

• Advertisement

Course its not good! So, one of the guys was just online there so in keeping with this thread I sent him a message-no response of course and now he has logged off, I mean whats a girl supposed to think! FFS :mad:

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Course its not good! So, one of the guys was just online there so in keeping with this thread I sent him a message-no response of course and now he has logged off, I mean whats a girl supposed to think! FFS :mad:

Give him sometime, he might not of got the message. If he did then put him on your ignore list and move on, think of it as a lucky escape and you didn't waste your time back and forth with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ok i'd suggest leaving him be for now.i mean forget about him until/unless he gets back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Internet dating not really working out for me, and I've tried a paid and a free site. This weekend I was asked by someone 15 years younger than me if I'd be interested in something casual (despite what my profile says) :mad: and then someone else sent me a message saying 'it's because of your curves' which I think is a response to the OKC question 'what is the first thing people notice about you' :rolleyes: I'm fed-up tbh.

hollypink wrote: »
    Internet dating not really working out for me, and I've tried a paid and a free site. This weekend I was asked by someone 15 years younger than me if I'd be interested in something casual (despite what my profile says) :mad: and then someone else sent me a message saying 'it's because of your curves' which I think is a response to the OKC question 'what is the first thing people notice about you' :rolleyes: I'm fed-up tbh.

You meet all sorts on these sites, you just have to filter out the idiots to the genuine boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

He could have already logged off when you sent the message, there is a period when it will say you are online when you actually have just logged off. Or he could have had something come up so he had to log out. He could simply want to wait until the morning. Or maybe he just doesn't know what to think. Or yes, maybe he just won't answer. But he is just one guy, don't let one response or lack of response decide what you do in future.

Just because the lads here are suggesting that more girls ask more guys out doesn't mean that it will mean guaranteed replies saying yes. Any person that asks people out online (or offline either) will get negative replies. One (potential) negative reply shouldn't stop you asking others. If I stopped asking people out due to negative replies, I'd have stopped 10 years ago when I was 15!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

To be honest, it can simply just take some people time to respond to things; I don't usually respond to stuff immediately, as it can be a bit of effort writing up a response there and then if I'm not in the right mood (I usually prefer to take the time to write out a full proper reply).

Just needs a bit of time/patience, and a way to distract yourself from it so there's no risk of overthinking it; can mess with your head if you let yourself think on it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

after reading on here any ladies willing to have read and give some tips on my pof account i just setup?

pm me if u can help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

You meet all sorts on these sites, you just have to filter out the idiots to the genuine boys.

Ah yeah I know, just needed to vent...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmmm, some of you may recall a couple of weeks ago when i was really stressed out having had an excellent first date with someone only for her to suddenly disappear off the radar and completely ignore me? Well now that I've moved on, guess who decides to email me today saying she's sorry! :rolleyes:
    Pfft, women. Between that ex of mine who kept texting me during the beers and now this, I wonder do they sense me being happy and decide they want to drag me back to fretting about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

sounds like yer one who didnt contact you was waiting to see how something else panned out!

gonna reactivate my okcupid to have a lurk, always close it then few days later!

Rossin wrote: »
    sounds like yer one who didnt contact you was waiting to see how something else panned out!

I was thinking just that.
    She's as good as dead to me now. I ain't nobody's sloppy seconds!

A very good looking girl visited my POF page just a few minutes ago. Thought I'd send her a mail. It won't let me as she "is not accepting messages from someone of your age or gender".
    ROFL :D Refine your searches girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Galvasean wrote: »
    I was thinking just that.
    She's as good as dead to me now. I ain't nobody's sloppy seconds!

Ha ha, did she even have an explanation for you why she hadt been in contact?

careymary wrote: »
    Ha ha, did she even have an explanation for you why she hadt been in contact?

"had a lot of things up in the air the last month."
    Whatever the heck that means.

I'd take that to mean she had a fair few first dates, you are better off without her IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I'd take that to mean she had a fair few first dates, you are better off without her IMO

or maybe she lost her job, or someone died, etc etc.
    if she's showing interest, then don't rule it out. you can have as many first dates as you want to.

or maybe she lost her job, or someone died, etc etc.
    if she's showing interest, then don't rule it out. you can have as many first dates as you want too.

True but if any of the above happened a mail or text to say you arent going to be around much wouldnt take that much time, its a consideration thing, in my opinion,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

True but if any of the above happened a mail or text to say you arent going to be around much wouldnt take that much time, its a consideration thing, in my opinion,

you're right, it wouldn't. but at that moment, they're still strangers, and maybe she didn't want to share much with a stranger.

• Advertisement

I know that's what I'd have done.
    Oh well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement