Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

unregggg wrote: »
    wow....joined POF a couple weeks ago - have mailed I'd say up to 20 women I fancied and one single reply out of the lot...now I know girls are inundated with messages on these sites (esp the free ones), but MAN!

I'm a good looking guy...but wow is it hard to meet someone these days!

Actually haven't had a proper snog in the best part of two years....or a date....I go to parties, I'm out and about...have done speed dating and other dating events....two dating sites and nowt. Where's next for a guy running out of options - hook-up sites?!?!

If you are having problems getting replies/dates from regular dating sites and you reckon a reason is to do with the women being inundated with messages,how many mails do you think women get on no strings attached sites.

I wouldnt waste your time to be honest.
    Tremelo wrote: »
    Looks like I'm back to square one. Sniff sniff :(

That sucks man,what happened?

It sounded as if things were going well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

That sucks man,what happened?

It sounded as if things were going well?

Thought they were too, but she'd been very quiet of late (never good) and basically I got a fairly candid but regretful message this evening saying that because she's moving away in July (which I knew about), and because she doesn't really miss me between dates (ouch), there's "no point in getting hopes up". Says she feels bad as "I've been so good to her", yadda yadda yadda. I think she's possibly up for a casual dalliance between now and July, but I'm not really to be honest. I liked her a LOT, like really. First girl I've actually been able to like in a good while too. Ah well, must plod on. In reality, other people never get our hopes up. We do that all to ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Thought they were too, but she'd been very quiet of late (never good) and basically I got a fairly candid but regretful message this evening saying that because she's moving away in July (which I knew about), and because she doesn't really miss me between dates (ouch), there's "no point in getting hopes up". Says she feels bad as "I've been so good to her", yadda yadda yadda. I think she's possibly up for a casual dalliance between now and July, but I'm not really to be honest. I liked her a LOT, like really. First girl I've actually been able to like in a good while too. Ah well, must plod on. In reality, other people never get our hopes up. We do that all to ourselves.

I think you and I need to go for a beer and a bitch about women session some time.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think you and I need to go for a beer and a bitch about women session some time.

I suspect we're kinsmen :o

I suspect we're kinsmen :o

I would not be at all surprised if we are chasing the very same woman right now.
    Good luck
    You'll need lots of it to stand a chance against me!

• Advertisement

I would not be at all surprised if we are chasing the very same woman right now.
    Good luck
    You'll need lots of it to stand a chance against me!

I'm based in the SE of Munster, so it's likely a different woman. Perhaps they're sisters though. Actually, knowing my luck, she probably is the same woman...bloody jezebel!

Anyway, I'll try to move swiftly on. I've a date in the offing with a friend of a friend soon. Heart's not really in it at the moment though. I need to work at my selection too. I'm a terrible judge of character when it comes to women!

Anyway, I'll try to move swiftly on. I've a date in the offing with a friend of a friend soon. Heart's not really in it at the moment though.

While I wouldn't advocate dwelling on it to much I'm not a fan of a jump straightaway into another date after a big disappointment either. As you said, your heart won't be in it. It's a waste of a date / girl if you ask me as you won't be giving her a fair chance if you're still hurtin' over the last one.
    I'd recommend waiting a week or two so she won't be in your mind as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well the way I would look at it is,at least she ended things before you fell in love with her as she is heading off in July anyway.

Prolly not much solace but sure it could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah sorry to hear that man, but its probably for the best with her heading away and that! :cool:

I've a date tomorrow! ha..

Totally not excited but i think its better to be that way to be honest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eh why?

aww ye guys are too cute,those ladies were obviously stoopid.Dont fret...
    "If its for you it won't go by you":D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Does anyone on here have any worries about meeting someone on an online dating site, getting serious, letting their boards username slip and then having their new boyfriend/girlfriend scour through this thread to see what you were saying about them online?

well, I'm done with dating sites now. Over.

But, having said that there is not a living soul on this planet who knows who I am in real life. mwuhaaaaaaa!

No really, I would never,ever reveal let alone admit my boards identity to anyone. It's my may of getting the worst of my frustration in my psyche out without actually damaging anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

shizzlesticks. feel really bad for you, you seemed to be well set up there. *hugs*

:mad:
    Darlughda wrote: »
    well, I'm done with dating sites now. Over.

But, having said that there is not a living soul on this planet who knows who I am in real life. mwuhaaaaaaa!

Does that mean you've never met any of the guys on the dating sites you were on? why are you done with them?

:mad:

Hush now, it's the male equivalent of women eating Ben & Jerrys ice cream while proclaiming, "All men are jerks!" (which TV tells me they do).
    Except men say, "Bitches be trippin'!" :pac:

Hush now, it's the male equivalent of women eating Ben & Jerrys ice cream while proclaiming, "All men are jerks!" (which TV tells me they do).
    Except men say, "Bitches be trippin'!" :pac:

Yeah just thought this wasn't a forum for encouraging generalisations.

But yes bitches do be trippin dawg :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yeah just thought this wasn't a forum for encouraging generalisations.

But yes bitches do be trippin dawg :pac:

The only generalisation allowed on TGC is that boobs are awesome :pac:

The only generalisation allowed on TGC is that boobs are awesome :pac:

And bums?

And bums?

Bums can be on men. So they are not awesome to all men :D On a similar note, I've never understood people who are specifically boob men, bum men, leg men, stomach men etc (insert female equivalents in your mind). They can all be awesome.

Anyway, on topic. I don't really miss online dating. Yet it took a lot of my time when I was using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've been getting the cold shoulder from the girl i met up with a few weeks back lately. When ever i have been texting her she doesnt seem as interested in talking as she used to. Also we agreed to meet up twice since then and when i texted her the night before just to confirm that we were still meeting up she ignored me.

It's a shame really since we got along really well when we did meet up but no point wasting anymore time on her.

I've been getting the cold shoulder from the girl i met up with a few weeks back lately. When ever i have been texting her she doesnt seem as interested in talking as she used to. Also we agreed to meet up twice since then and when i texted her the night before just to confirm that we were still meeting up she ignored me.

It's a shame really since we got along really well when we did meet up but no point wasting anymore time on her.

I see she didn't heed my warning not to do that to any more guys. That's it! I'm going after her...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I see she didn't heed my warning not to do that to any more guys. That's it! I'm going after her...

Are you going to sort out all the mean people on all the internet dating sites Galva?

Doesn't sound like such a nice girl. sorry to hear it.
    Anyway, on topic. I don't really miss online dating. Yet it took a lot of my time when I was using it.

I'm kinda the same, only thing that's different is something missing from my evening routine :pac:

:eek: what ya going to do to her!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Doesn't sound like such a nice girl. sorry to hear it.

The strange thing was she was always very nice before but a couple of weeks after we met up she didnt seem as interested anymore but yet still agreed to meet up with me and said she was looking forward to it.

Are you going to sort out all the mean people on all the internet dating sites Galva?

Yes, we need an internet dating vigilante... someone who will force people to treat people with basic respect. There should be another female one too - someone to chase away those guys who keep perving on our internets! :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Yes, we need an internet dating vigilante... someone who will force people to treat people with basic respect. There should be another female one too - someone to chase away those guys who keep perving on our internets! :mad:

you should hold auditions at the next beers :D

The strange thing was she was always very nice before but a couple of weeks after we met up she didnt seem as interested anymore but yet still agreed to meet up with me and said she was looking forward to it.

yeah, that's confusing. but I suppose you can't ever know what's going on with someone. I try to be honest with people, but at the same time not a lot of people want to hear the truth.

ooh me me ME! o/

Oh my. mailed a girl earlier and got reply saying, "Hey are you from boards?"
    Secret's out guys. :o

Oh my. mailed a girl earlier and got reply saying, "Hey are you from boards?"
    Secret's out guys. :o

Ya I got that a few times myself.

Ya I got that a few times myself.

I'd understand that with sean, cause he's his pictures basically as backgroud images on boards :pac: but where's your picture up here!?

• Advertisement

I'd understand that with sean, cause he's his pictures basically as backgroud images on boards :pac: but where's your picture up here!?

Not my fault I'm boards.ie's poster boy!

*closes blinds*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement