Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Tbh I don't remember; was a long time ago that I last noticed this.
    It may only trigger on certain swearwords; test it out a bit :) (you can check in the sentbox whether was sent or not)

It's possible it only happens on first-message too (if the swear-filter isn't completely stupid).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Now I know why all those girls that I said were the motherf**king bomb didn't reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'd imagine it'd be something like bitch. that'd be minor enough. but then why would anyone have that in their first message to a girl!? :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd imagine it'd be something like bitch. that'd be minor enough. but then why would anyone have that in their first message to a girl!? :eek: :D

whaddup sexy bítch?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful....
    Dayum you a sexy b*tch!

• Advertisement

i think i'd be ok with it coming from someone I know even remotely, but a stranger, nah couldn't pull it off.

i think i'd be ok with it coming from someone I know even remotely, but a stranger, nah couldn't pull it off.

Ah yeah speaking seriously it would be the worst possible thing to say to about 90% of people. There'll be a few who might think it is funny. But from a stranger online it would fall flat on it's face.

The right type of guy might be able to pull it off in a bar. But he'd be just as likely to get a slap on the mouth than a kiss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Was scared of the old stalker approach...! I think it was the swear world filter that got me, I think I must have used a phrase which must've triggered it. Can't think for the life of me what it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I think that over two thousand four hundred posts about internet dating, proves, without doubt, that there is a need....or a want..in boards.ie users to have a 'dating/singles' forum. I know it will fall on deaf ears - and I know it's been said before but I just thought it was worth another mention;)

Fittle wrote: »
    I think that over two thousand four hundred posts about internet dating, proves, without doubt, that there is a need....or a want..in boards.ie users to have a 'dating/singles' forum. I know it will fall on deaf ears - and I know it's been said before but I just thought it was worth another mention;)

Also proves we are probably the small set of people that we spend our time complaining about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Also proves we are probably the small set of people that we spend our time complaining about :D

Do you think that the pof/smooch people you see, are also here though?

This particular thread has (almost) given me faith in internet dating again - because the guys here appear quite 'normal'.

I went back online today - after reading this (although I did delete my profile about 6 months ago, but funny enough, it's still there!!!)....and there were about 70 per cent of the guys STILL there from two years ago! With the opening line..'Hi, I'm new to this but...' Profiles were updated, apart from their opening line:p:p

Have to share the guy I saw this evening on one of the sites - and if you're also here, well.....

His profile photo is of his face, with his house and 2 cars in the background. You can clearly see the reg of his bigger car - the fact that it's an 09 alfa romeo might be the reason he included it in the photo. As opposed to a 99 Punto, which I imagine, he might not have included in his photo...

Anyway lads, lesson number two. Large cars in the background of your profile picture do not necessarily impress the women. Particularly when you also mention that you 'work with cars'.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Galvasean wrote: »
    Define 'minor'?

Twat is probably one. I used it in a mail yesterday and it doesn't seem to have sent at all.

Tremelo wrote: »
    Twat is probably one. I used it in a mail yesterday and it doesn't seem to have sent at all.

You're not gonna get very far by calling a lady you want to woo a twat!

:pac:

Fittle wrote: »
    Do you think that the pof/smooch people you see, are also here though?

Ah no, I think the people here are normal enough on dating sites. Most of the lads here seem to be the lads lost in the shuffle or else going on dates but yet to meet the right girl.

And the girls are of course all amazingly beautiful, witty and charming :pac:

Edit: I think most here are on OKCupid. I lasted 2 days on POF! Got out of dodge pretty quickly.

Larianne wrote: »
    You're not gonna get very far by calling a lady you want to woo a twat!

:pac:

LOL, probably not! Actually, I used it about myself. I've noticed this girl on it on-and-off for the past few years, one that I went to school with back in the early 90s funnily enough, and we're always showing up in each other's matches. We've met a few times in real-life too, just casually, and are on first-name terms and always got along well. Last bumped into her in 2007 I think. Anyway, I decided that, feck it, I'd mail her and ask her out. I said I'd look like a twat if she said no. Message doesn't seem to have sent after all that!

Oh I've just had a thought, albeit a bad one.. If a message doesn't show up as sent on your sent mail, could that mean that the user has blocked you?

Oh I've just had a thought, albeit a bad one.. If a message doesn't show up as sent on your sent mail, could that mean that the user has blocked you?

Ah, could be! I wouldn't blame her for blocking me in fairness. She might find it embarrassing that someone she knows from the real world can look at her profile. I might be inclined to do the same, depending on who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Getting a tad tired of one liner messages. Think my profile may need an overhaul. :(

Although, actually, you can't block someone on PoF if they haven't sent you a mail. You can only do it if you have a mail from them in your inbox. So it's a reactive process. You can't proactively block someone. Ergo, because I never mailed her before, she couldn't have blocked me. Apologies for my wordiness. Tis late.

Ah, could be! I wouldn't blame her for blocking me in fairness. She might find it embarrassing that someone she knows from the real world can look at her profile. I might be inclined to do the same, depending on who it was.

My bad, I just checked! If you're blocked by a user and send them a message it will tell you.

So forget what I said. :o It probably was the word "twat" that did it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

First online-dating-spawned date tomorrow. Here's hoping it isn't a complete disaster, though I do seem to court it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Knock 'em dead Fewc!
    (not literally)

Getting a tad tired of one liner messages. Think my profile may need an overhaul. :(
    You're getting one liner replies?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

You're getting one liner replies?

Oh the irony!

HB I'll have a look tonight when I get home if you want, we can have a chat about it :D

I've received a deluge of messages today! One girl I was talking to and who I am interested in has just told me she has a child. *awkward*

I've received a deluge of messages today! One girl I was talking to and who I am interested in has just told me she has a child. *awkward*

They must all have that Friday feeling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

Have a date tonight myself. Believe he is a boards.ie user. Awkwaaard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

posy2010 wrote: »

You'll have to do loads of bitching in here afterwards, just to make sure :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    First online-dating-spawned date tomorrow. Here's hoping it isn't a complete disaster, though I do seem to court it.
    posy2010 wrote: »

Good luck guys!!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

Good luck guys!!!!!!!!! :D

ahahahahaha. i think you may be right!:o:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement