Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

ok, dunno what's wrong with me tonight!

Nah it's not you. I seem to be expressing myself quite badly these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Tremelo wrote: »
    Nah it's not you. I seem to be expressing myself quite badly these days.

nah i'm just a little pissed off tbh, so probably expected the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Haven't been in here in a while.
    been a little busy, moving house,...
    What can I say I had one of those lovely kick in the nuts during the week...
    Meet a girl who I clicked with so well texting a little which is nice. emailing chating and getting on great same daft sense of humour as me...

Got a tecxt of her to say sorry i meet some body else..
    all i can say for god sake why is my timing so sh1t when it comes to meeting women who I get on with so well...

I dont have a problem meeting women, I dont have a problem talking to them (mostly ) I how ever always run in the age old barrer

of

Timing :confused:

/Speachless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

head up,

I was getting on well with girl, dates went really well then she decided just to stop texting weird.

The girl rang me back and this time I answered. She sounds very nice actually! Very candid and honest about herself and her worries. I wasn't expecting it develop into a chat but it just sort of evolved. She just texted me now to say that she's lonely and would like to cuddle up to someone :eek: I told her to be brave and go to sleep. One of these people you can't help but like, if not fancy. She has a nice accent too.

• Advertisement

I dont have a problem meeting women, I dont have a problem talking to them (mostly ) I how ever always run in the age old barrer

of

Timing :confused:

/Speachless

You have to be lucky with timing alright.
    manafana wrote: »
    head up,

I was getting on well with girl, dates went really well then she decided just to stop texting weird.

Hate this. I'll always text someone to explain. I don't get it when people just vanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Hate this. I'll always text someone to explain. I don't get it when people just vanish.

yeah really is mad, would worry you something might happened them, would prefer a text just say, sorry im not interested and you know where you stand

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

I'm hooked on Plenty of Fish!

Been on it for maybe 2 weeks or so.

No dates yet , loads of chat , have to say i'm impressed.

There be diamonds in that rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh wow, I go away for one day and sudden Tremelo is the arrogant one?

Ya'all aint seen nothin' yet! :pac:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh wow, I go away for one day and sudden Tremelo is the arrogant one?

Ya'all aint seen nothin' yet! :pac:

Exactly! :D

How did you get on at the zoo?

• Advertisement

How did you get on at the zoo?

Had to cancel that (first time I've ever canceled a date) as I got offered some film work (too rare to turn down these days) a couple of days ago. Meant to mention it here before.
    Shame as I was only working for a couple of hours (middle of the day so awkwardly placed). And the weather was nice today. Would have been a good day for it.

I presume you'll meet her another time.

I presume you'll meet her another time.

Hope so. Get my work roster tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get some free time. Should manage something.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Im still not having any luck online dating :(

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Im still not having any luck online dating :(

All of the freakish variety or nothing biting?

All of the freakish variety or nothing biting?

Nothing biting :(

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Nothing biting :(

I'm on Plenty of Fish , kind of find if you throw something random onto your profile it gets a lot of interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im deactivating my account for a few months.
    getting to that stage were my head is just wrecked...

I'm on Plenty of Fish , kind of find if you throw something random onto your profile it gets a lot of interest

ah i dunno what else ta write on mine haha :D Ive a good bit bout myself i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Billy7878

craigslist is good to find fish....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Billy7878 wrote: »
    craigslist is good to find fish....

Yeah but you've a 1 in 5 chance of being murdered by someone you meet from that site.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Billy7878

Yeah but you've a 1 in 5 chance of being murdered by someone you meet from that site.

:pac:
    ye but thats an 80% chance of finding the one

Billy7878 wrote: »
    ye but thats an 80% chance of finding the one
    Thanks for making me smile on a bad morning. :)

This may be venturing off topic a little but has anyone used these sites for the casual sex side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jenna69

I'm a woman and i put on my profile that i wanted to meet men for intimate encounters, what i've found is men wanting to meet for a cup of coffee in the middle of the day!!! What's that all about?? Do they not believe me, do they think i'm messing about? What's wrong in meeting for a drink at night and seeing how we get on before things progress? I'll never understand men!!!! lol

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Jenna69 wrote: »
    I'm a woman and i put on my profile that i wanted to meet men for intimate encounters, what i've found is men wanting to meet for a cup of coffee in the middle of the day!!! What's that all about?? Do they not believe me, do they think i'm messing about? What's wrong in meeting for a drink at night and seeing how we get on before things progress? I'll never understand men!!!! lol

Instinct tells me it's because they have partners and can't get away at night!

This may be venturing off topic a little but has anyone used these sites for the casual sex side?

I know a guy who says he uses craigslist a lot. Says sometimes it's good, sometimes its bad. Interpret freely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jenna69

Actually, +1. Also, I'd be inclined to furl my brow at anyone with the number 69 in their username.

Can i just say 69 refers to the year i was born, nothing sexual, in case anyone's interested lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I would probably assume it was a fake profile or someone that's going to stab me and steal my precious Xbox while I sleep :P

Can i just say 69 refers to the year i was born, nothing sexual, in case anyone's interested lol :p

Ah well that's a different story ;)

• Advertisement

Are they all saying meet during the day? I dunno what would be up with that.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I know a guy who says he uses craigslist a lot. Says sometimes it's good, sometimes its bad. Interpret freely.

Hmm.ok.bad as in how?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement