Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I would probably assume it was a fake profile or someone that's going to stab me and steal my precious Xbox while I sleep :P

Lol, the joys of not being a gamer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Have a date in Limerick this evening, with the girl who sent me the very witty mail on PoF. Looking forward to it, though I forgot to iron my shirt this morning heading out the door. Working in college all day so won't get a chance to head home and freshen up. *meh, don't care* - she seems relaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Does anyone have any idea how to delete a profile on PoF?

I want to delete it as i think i have met my future wife :o

I cant figure it out fore the life of me.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how to delete a profile on PoF?

I want to delete it as i think i have met my future wife :o

I cant figure it out fore the life of me.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/deleteaccount.aspx

There ya go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

For those that are having trouble with short messages or folks without pics mailing them,last time I was on PoF there was a setting that you will only except mails over a certain size character wise or that the mailer must attach a pic.That might have changed of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

For those that are having trouble with short messages or folks without pics mailing them,last time I was on PoF there was a setting that you will only except mails over a certain size character wise or that the mailer must attach a pic.That might have changed of course.

Yeah, you can change it that they have to send you a picture with their mail.

I have to admit, sometimes I do send short messages but they are usually a funny response (well in my head anyway) to something written on their profile. Sometimes I get replies :) and sometimes I don't :cool: .

One date down, two to go. After that, the account is going on a hiatus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

How'd numero uno go for ya?

How'd numero uno go for ya?

Well, it was actually a second date. Jury still out on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Third time's a charm, and all that. :)

Third time's a charm, and all that. :)

Yeah, hopefully! Although I don't like getting my hopes up with these things. They usually go arseways then. :cool:

• Advertisement

Aye, I know the feeling.

I just joined PoF myself; now I'm waiting to see just how arseways these things can go! :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, you can change it that they have to send you a picture with their mail.

I have to admit, sometimes I do send short messages but they are usually a funny response (well in my head anyway) to something written on their profile. Sometimes I get replies :) and sometimes I don't :cool: .

I'm the same. I also send what I think are funny short replies to profiles. Often you'll have someone who has clearly posed to make herself beautiful in a picture, and then you'll notice it was taken beside a loo, or that her bedroom floor is messy behind her, or that there's someone putting a chicken into a fridge in the background of the photo. For some reason, I find these things kinda funny and often message them, much in the same way as I'll reply to a random comment on a Boards thread. Unexpectedly, they often reply good-naturedly. I've had a few nice conversations on PoF in this way.

Good luck with the other two dates btw!

Tremelo wrote: »
    or that there's someone putting a chicken into a fridge in the background of the photo.
    :pac: YOu could have LOADS of fun with that one!

Thanks! Not sure about tomorrow's one, but Thursday is gonna be fun I think. :)

Good luck with them! :)

:pac: YOu could have LOADS of fun with that one!

Thanks! Not sure about tomorrow's one, but Thursday is gonna be fun I think. :)

Cool. I'm meeting my one in an hour. Have no idea how long it'll go on for. She seems incredibly bubbly in her mails. Will be back later!

Cool. I'm meeting my one in an hour. Have no idea how long it'll go on for. She seems incredibly bubbly in her mails. Will be back later!

Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

Galvasean wrote: »
    To be honest I got an email off a girl one time titled "Hi". The email inside simply said, "I like your hair :)"
    I was smitten.

Recently.......???

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Been reading through the thread with a lot of interest! I joined PoF about 2 weeks back and have sent a few mails but gotten no replies yet. A bit early to be giving up so I'd love for a female boardsie to check out my profile and give a bit of advice on what to improve, what to drop etc. If there's anyone interested then send a PM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Been reading through the thread with a lot of interest! I joined PoF about 2 weeks back and have sent a few mails but gotten no replies yet. A bit early to be giving up so I'd love for a female boardsie to check out my profile and give a bit of advice on what to improve, what to drop etc. If there's anyone interested then send a PM!

Work on the "about me" part of your profile and dont just say "hi" on a message to a girl. Maybe ask a question about something you have read on her profile. That helps to show that you have taken the time to read it rather than just firing off a message because you liked her photo.

Give it a bit of time too. I must have met 4 or 5 girls before i met my girlfriend. She had no photo up either, i just liked what she wrote about herself and i took a chance. Seriously, there are a few bunny boilers on there but a few really nice people too.

Just back from my rendezvous. Had a brilliant chat with her. Very nice girl.

• Advertisement

Just back from my rendezvous. Had a brilliant chat with her. Very nice girl.

How did you end it? :D

How did you end it? :D

Funnily enough, I was thinking of our discussion towards the end. I *think* I detected a vibe that a kiss goodbye would be okay. But I wasn't sure, and anyway it was a public place, so I kept my hands in my pockets (no awkward wave), told her I'd a nice time and that she was very easy to talk to, said my car was parked thataway (gestured yonder), and told her I would text her. Then I turned and strolled away casually. No awkward hugs, kisses, humming, hawing or waving. Just a smiley goodbye. Seemed grand and unawkward to me at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Funnily enough, I was thinking of our discussion towards the end. I *think* I detected a vibe that a kiss goodbye would be okay. But I wasn't sure, and anyway it was a public place, so I kept my hands in my pockets (no awkward wave), told her I'd a nice time and that she was very easy to talk to, said my car was parked thataway (gestured yonder), and told her I would text her. Then I turned and strolled away casually. No awkward hugs, kisses, humming, hawing or waving. Just a smiley goodbye. Seemed grand and unawkward to me at least!

eek. I would've said hands in pockets is not the way to go. but as long as it felt comfortable for you.i'm sure it was fine. was there mention of another date?

I've gotten a message, asking if i want some fun. ugh, maybe there's just no non creepy way to put that. :confused:

eek. I would've said hands in pockets is not the way to go. but as long as it felt comfortable for you.i'm sure it was fine. was there mention of another date?

Well they weren't awkwardly there, more casual, and I gesticulated a few times with one hand (god listen to me, the analysis :rolleyes:). It didn't feel remotely awkward I must say. Our tones of voice and facial expressions were very warm so I think it was a comfortable goodbye. I didn't mention a second date at all as I need to mull it over a bit (so does she, presumably) and I didn't want to put either of us on the spot. But she did ask me to text her and I said I would. I felt for a while that I'd prefer to be friends with her tbh, but things sparked up a little towards the end I think. Hard to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I've gotten a message, asking if i want some fun. ugh, maybe there's just no non creepy way to put that. :confused:

I'd say it's an open invitation for the worst nature of men to come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

I'd say it's an open invitation for the worst nature of men to come out.
    Ya heh; I'd say there's plenty more respectful sounding or subtle ways to put it.

Glad the date worked out well there Tremelo :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've changed mine to looking for casual sex, just to see what if anything changes.

I'm not too sure what the problem is...

Oh Drav ya beat me to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well like I said it's just a bit of a creepy way to put it. I mean you don't walk up to someone anywhere and blurt out 'wanna have sex' do you.

• Advertisement

well like I said it's just a bit of a creepy way to put it. I mean you don't walk up to someone anywhere and blurt out 'wanna have sex' do you.

By all accounts it happens in coppers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement