Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He seeks advise as to how to measure said parameters?

Thanks for the serious reply.

He seeks advise as to how to measure said parameters? Or original ways of writing:

Height - average
    Weight - Normal

It actually asks for specific height/weight within given figures. I don't have a clue how to answer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Well he could measure his weight using Archemedies principle and a bathtub full of water if he doesn't have an accurate scales?

Of course he would need some way of determining the volume of water displaced but surely that would be easy enough to come by?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

It actually asks for specific height/weight within given figures. I don't have a clue how to answer either.

Can you not just weigh yourself and measure your height? :confused:

Maguined wrote: »
    Can you not just weigh yourself and measure your height? :confused:

no. cant use a scales on my own and as i'm sitting down it would be difficult to measure my height.

EDIT: It doesn't ask for weight, only height.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Gillo wrote: »
    Gonna disagree with you there, at least at the end you have a much better idea of whether or not you like the person and hopefully have an idea of how they feel also. I think the best option is go for a peck on the cheek unless there are serious sparks, that way hopefully worst case you won't cause too much offence and hey if they are interested too you've opened the gate from them to make the next move.

We'll have to agree to disagree then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

no. cant use a scales on my own and as i'm sitting down it would be difficult to measure my height.

hmmm that does pose quite a connundrum. you should wait till you're not sitting down, and then measure your height.

:pac:

Measure your sitting down height and add the distance from your hip to your knee and voila!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

EDIT: It doesn't ask for weight, only height.

Get a friend to help you with a tape measure, you lay down on your back and they measure you there, it will be accurate enough.

Measure your sitting down height and add the distance from your hip to your knee and voila!

In that case, I'm smaller than Tom f***in' Thumb!!!!! What if I just make somethin up??? Choose one of the answers at random.

• Advertisement

Make up your own unit of distance that is exactly one tenth of your body length.

Then when people ask you how tall you are, you can say 'Ten Micks'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yup ya are!
    Calling a spade a spade here - you'd said you want sex on your profile, they don't have to flirt with you, impress you, treat you like a princess etc etc, they are going to bluntly ask to hook up without all the frills.

Seriously, you can't ask for something and then complain when you get it

I see her point, but knowing men on dating sites I didn't expect anything different. Like if you think about it, when you say you are looking for a date, do you expect the first email to be "wanna have coffee?". I've seen people complain about that on here before. Myself included. So why should the conversation be that different with casual sex? They could at least say hello or try and have some sort of conversation. I don't think she expected to be treated like a princess, more that people's first email wouldn't be "wanna shag?!".

But whilst that is the ideal, I do know what people are like and I wouldn't expect anything different to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Larianne wrote: »
    We'll have to agree to disagree then! :)

Fecked then if we ever stumble upon each other profiles;)

Mickey, could you compare yourself to something you know the size off to work it out. I've no idea how long a bed is think they are all a standard length (ie, single is so long, double is a certain length too, and a King size would be too). If when you are getting into bed, you got yourself with you feet just at teh end of the bed a lie down. it should be easy enough to make a guess at the distance from the top of you head to the head of the bed. Subtract that from the length of the bed and you have roughly your're height.
    Failing that take a rough guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I never have any nerves whatsoever either before or at the end of a date with someone I'm meeting for the first time. I've had those nerves in a different situation - specifically on the rare occasion when I've agreed to meet someone with whom I was once very close, a few months after a breakup from them. Then I can feel nerve-wracked, but it only ever happens me in that situation.

I'm completely unfazed by all other dating situations. I can't be the only one surely?

Make up your own unit of distance that is exactly one tenth of your body length.

Forget I asked. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Just pick a random one like 5' 10" or something. :)

Dord wrote: »
    Just pick a random one like 5' 10" or something. :)

And get a slap in the face when/if I meet someone when they realise they have to look down at me when they're talking to me.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I see her point, but knowing men on dating sites I didn't expect anything different. Like if you think about it, when you say you are looking for a date, do you expect the first email to be "wanna have coffee?". I've seen people complain about that on here before. Myself included. So why should the conversation be that different with casual sex? They could at least say hello or try and have some sort of conversation. I don't think she expected to be treated like a princess, more that people's first email wouldn't be "wanna shag?!".

But whilst that is the ideal, I do know what people are like and I wouldn't expect anything different to happen.

The conversation is different because it is a different kettle of fish - there is no requirement to get on, its a physical attraction only (and in some cases that isn't even required).
    It's akin to being in a night club - "do you want to dance?" it requires a yes or no answer, not a compatibility test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Tremelo wrote: »
    I never have any nerves whatsoever either before or at the end of a date with someone I'm meeting for the first time. I've had those nerves in a different situation - specifically on the rare occasion when I've agreed to meet someone with whom I was once very close, a few months after a breakup from them. Then I can feel nerve-wracked, but it only ever happens me in that situation.

I'm completely unfazed by all other dating situations. I can't be the only one surely?

Funnily enough,never with online dates however dates with people I met in real life I would be a bit nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

In that case, I'm smaller than Tom f***in' Thumb!!!!! What if I just make somethin up??? Choose one of the answers at random.

You could just pick a height and then explain in your profile the situation a bit better. I did that with my location, I could only pick one but at the time I was sort of living in 2 counties. So I picked one for the options and then explained it properly in the profile.

• Advertisement

i love that! :D

And get a slap in the face when/if I meet someone. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Haha, I think you're stressing over the fine details too much. Just mention in your profile that you took a guess. :)

You could just pick a height and then explain in your profile the situation a bit better. I did that with my location, I could only pick one but at the time I was sort of living in 2 counties. So I picked one for the options and then explained it properly in the profile.

Like pick "5 foot nothing" and explain it??? :confused:

i love that! :D

I don't. It's a retarded answer to a genuine question.

I don't. It's a retarded answer to a genuine question.

Just as well I'm allowed my own opinion then :)

Just as well I'm allowed my own opinion then :)

<snip>

Like pick "5 foot nothing" and explain it??? :confused:

Yep!

Thanks for the serious replies. Will have another go tomorrow. Then I have to find a picture of meself that won't frighten em off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Thanks for the serious replies. Will have another go tomorrow. Then I have to find a picture of meself that won't frighten em off!!!

You'll be hard pushed I'd say

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    You'll be hard pushed I'd say

And how do you know??? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement