Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Like pick "5 foot nothing" and explain it??? :confused:

Basically yeah! Once you explain it somewhere, you are being honest about it. They'll understand your problem, I think everybody will have something they can't answer properly on those menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Thanks for the serious replies. Will have another go tomorrow. Then I have to find a picture of meself that won't frighten em off!!!

Go easy on yourself, obviously take it serious but seriously take it easy also, for a photo get something with you looking like you're enjoying yourself, not your bog standard passport photo shot which some people tend to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Basically yeah! Once you explain it somewhere, you are being honest about it. They'll understand your problem, I think everybody will have something they can't answer properly on those menus.

I don't think i saved my profile on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

budgemook wrote: »
    You'll be hard pushed I'd say

Infracted for this post.

Infracted for this post.

I've only just copped on to the meaning of that post now. That poster is an a$$h0le.

• Advertisement

Its been dealt with Mickey so there is no need to insult either,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

I've only just copped on to the meaning of that post now. That poster is an a$$h0le.

I find that insulting

budgemook wrote: »
    I find that insulting

It was a reactionary post to a much worse needle from you.MM knows its not ok to insult others - see my above post - so just leave it at that please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

The girl I had a date with today texted me a while ago. Second date is set for Sunday. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

So... we're pretty much all on Plenty of Fish here?

Totally going to start ananlyzing posters' style of writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've mine hidden! :)

I've been thinking about online dating for a while but I can't even think of a good username! :o

Karsini wrote: »
    I've been thinking about online dating for a while but I can't even think of a good username! :o

Oh, it doesn't have to be good. Mine is shockin'.

You should give it a go though! Even for just a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

kilkenny wrote:
    Or give you height in Metres and your mass in Newtons. It will be totally worth it for the 1% who find it funny.

There is nothing funny about measuring mass in newtons young man. If we allowed that then soon water would start boiling at 100 volts and racecars would drive at 200 pascals per hour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Touché. I meant weight of course. Well spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Tremelo wrote: »
    The girl I had a date with today texted me a while ago. Second date is set for Sunday. Looking forward to it.
    Hope it goes well!!:):)

I love reading this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Hope it goes well!!:):)

I love reading this thread!

Am loving it too, it's given me a renewed sense of confidence in online dating. Many thanks to the boardsies who PM'd me after I asked for advice on my PoF profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Am loving it too, it's given me a renewed sense of confidence in online dating. Many thanks to the boardsies who PM'd me after I asked for advice on my PoF profile!

Ditto. If someone has a bit of time i wouldn't mind some advice on mine. Photo is a bit dodgy so critical analysis on that would be welcome:)

STALKER!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

IT-Guy wrote: »
    That's cool, good luck with it:) I'm not using any of the site but it's always nice to read stories about good dates and the thread great for getting advice about setting up profiles etc:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Kya1976 wrote: »
    That's cool, good luck with it:) I'm not using any of the site but it's always nice to read stories about good dates and the thread great for getting advice about setting up profiles etc:):)

That's true, it's good to read of other peoples experiences of dates setup through sites like PoF, OKCupid etc. It wouldn't have occurred to me to ask for feedback on my profile only for reading a similar request by another poster here and am delighted with the advice I got :)

Signed up to POF yesterday. Got a couple of emails this morning. One informed me of my login details, and the other informed me of possible matches "in my area".

Will do some "fishing" later on.

can't really do it now - not supposed to be on sites like this where I am!!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Actually, feck it - anyone want to give me advice on mine (OKCupid, closed to non-OKCupid viewers)? It's long, though.. :pac:

I'm not on OKCupid Liah, would do otherwise.

I have another three dates lined up in addition to my second date with the girl from yesterday, which will happen on Sunday.

I hate this, as I am instinctively monogamous. But! Given that first and second dates rarely develop into relationships, I think it's a little premature and perhaps foolish to cancel all other dates just because I had one good first date with someone yesterday. One swallow does not a summer make, and one successful date does not necessarily make for a relationship. So I think it's important to keep having first dates. If a second date is successful however, then I'd concentrate on that and hide/delete my PoF profile.

Also, my PoF settings are supposed to block anyone under 25 from sending me a message, but I just got a mail from a girl who's 23 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 baby8music

Irish men are useless at chatting women up in bars & Irish women can be very hard to please (I should know) but the days of meeting people in bars/clubs are over :( I'm all for the online dating, who knows.....might be married by the time I'm 40 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Good luck to all who have a date or even multiple ones lined up :) Think I have one for next Tue, a quiet drink after work..... just need to pick location but dont know what part of town she works in, so waiting to hear back for now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

I have another three dates lined up in addition to my second date with the girl from yesterday, which will happen on Sunday.

Ahhhhhh.....the American way ;)

Ahhhhhh.....the American way ;)

I think a few here do it the American way. I just genuinely feel that the vast majority of first dates don't work out, so you're better off having a few options. Personally, by date three I would not be seeking dates with anyone else.

I think a few here do it the American way. I just genuinely feel that the vast majority of first dates don't work out, so you're better off having a few options. Personally, by date three I would not be seeking dates with anyone else.

Yep, don't put all your eggs in the one basket!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I hate this, as I am instinctively monogamous. But! Given that first and second dates rarely develop into relationships, I think it's a little premature and perhaps foolish to cancel all other dates just because I had one good first date with someone yesterday. One swallow does not a summer make, and one successful date does not necessarily make for a relationship. So I think it's important to keep having first dates. If a second date is successful however, then I'd concentrate on that and hide/delete my PoF profile.

Also, my PoF settings are supposed to block anyone under 25 from sending me a message, but I just got a mail from a girl who's 23 :confused:

absolutely. It would be a bit premature to not consider other dates, or cancel others after one date with someone else.

keep your options open and that. no harm in it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement