Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

There is an option on PoF, where you can set whether or not you'll show up on the who's viewed me page :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

MudSkipper wrote: »
    There is an option on PoF, where you can set whether or not you'll show up on the who's viewed me page :p

Is that not only with paid privileges?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

;)

so you're the entertainment then!

You mean I'm not usually? Did you not see my 'amazing' dance moves!!!?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Gillo get away from my profile you!!

Pheww, still on the free one :D

It's here and its the 'Allow a user to see that I viewed their profile' option

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    You mean I'm not usually? Did you not see my 'amazing' dance moves!!!?

No :( you ignored me, and Drav was kinda throwing more obvious shapes on the dancefloor!

MudSkipper wrote: »
    Pheww, still on the free one :D

It's here and its the 'Allow a user to see that I viewed their profile' option

Ooh very good. Good to know.

Galvasean will be delighted!!!!!!! He can stalk to his hearts content! :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Galvasean will be delighted!!!!!!! He can stalk to his hearts content! :D

Oh no!!! what have I done

/apologizes to all future Galvasean stalker victims

It's not proper stalking if there isn't a risk of getting caught.

It's not proper stalking if there isn't a risk of getting caught.

True dat! I mean.... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

If someone sends you a fairly rank photo with the caption :

'Well , what you think hun ;-) ?' .

What is the appropriate reply?

I'm thinking BLOCK yes?

I'm thinking BLOCK yes?

You could let him know that you think it's inappropriate and then block??

I'm thinking BLOCK yes?

I will sometimes send a sarcastic reply!
    Ya know along the lines of....

"Thank you kindly for your message and photo, I'm glad you took the time to read my profile and send such an apt message. I am now going to reward your efforts by fast tracking you to my blocked list.
    I hope you enjoy your time there"

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

I will sometimes send a sarcastic reply!
    Ya know along the lines of....

"Thank you kindly for your message and photo, I'm glad you took the time to read my profile and send such an apt message. I am now going to reward your efforts by fast tracking you to my blocked list.
    I hope you enjoy your time there"

Ideal. I almost found his use (and spelling) of the word 'hun' more offensive.

Shudder.

Somebidy sent my sis a picture of a willy. She reported him and his profile is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Somebidy sent my sis a picture of a willy. She reported him and his profile is gone now.

Nobody sends me pics of their willy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Dovies wrote: »
    Nobody sends me pics of their willy! :(

Just this once OK........................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Bit harsh. TD's from Limerick need love too :D

In all seriousness what the feck was that about, has it put your sis off the whole thing?

In all seriousness what the feck was that about, has it put your sis off the whole thing?

Oddly enough no. She is however very disillusioned with some lad who keeps trying to organize dates with her but has had to cancel on her twice.
    If I find out it was one of you!!!! :mad:

Oh and then there's the freak we call Smiley Magee who sent her 5 (unreplied to) emails which got more and more angry as they went along until he finally sent her a message saying, "You think you're better than me? Well you're not! Your only a 6 at best! I'm blocking you!"
    Earlier in the week he set up a new account and sent her a mail saying, "Hi. How are you?"

I used to think I was a fairly run of the mill, not particularly desirable male. But now after seeing just what passes for a man these days I think I'm actually quite the catch :cool:
    So when girls don't respond to my well thought out messages or give me radio silence after one date I no longer get annoyed or upset. I just think, "Oh well, hope she's happy with Smiley Magee!"

• Advertisement

Date tonight guys. Really looking forward to it. He seems like a laugh. :)

Oh and replying to the Willy picture. The reply should be "I've used bigger things to stir my tea with!". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

i think wexford people dont use onlie dating because i can never find any close to me and the people i mail from other counties dont seem pushed on travaling a little bit to meet half way or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh and replying to the Willy picture. The reply should "I've used bigger things to stir my tea with!". :D

Nice. I'd have went with "I presume that's your face since you seem like a díckhead" :pac:

Oddly enough no. She is however very disillusioned with some lad who keeps trying to organize dates with her but has had to cancel on her twice.
    If I find out it was one of you!!!! :mad:

Oh and then there's the freak we call Smiley Magee who sent her 5 (unreplied to) emails which got more and more angry as they went along until he finally sent her a message saying, "You think you're better than me? Well you're not! Your only a 6 at best! I'm blocking you!"
    Earlier in the week he set up a new account and sent her a mail saying, "Hi. How are you?"

I used to think I was a fairly run of the mill, not particularly desirable male. But now after seeing just what passes for a man these days I think I'm actually quite the catch :cool:
    So when girls don't respond to my well thought out messages or give me radio silence after one date I no longer get annoyed or upset. I just think, "Oh well, hope she's happy with Smiley Magee!"

Things like the above are making me start hating men and why I'm taking a hiatus from it. For every one nice guy, you get a further 'x' amount of idiots mailing you. Gets tiring. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Nice. I'd have went with "I presume that's your face since you seem like a díckhead" :pac:

really must remember these just in case I get one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

well, my date last Tuesday went well enough.

Meeting up again this weekend and have been in regular contact since, so here's hoping i can suspend my account!! :)

She was saying that the amount of totally inappropriate mails she got was staggering though. Herself and a friend joined the site around the same time and that between the 2 of them they got about 75/25 ratio of weirdos to normal lads.

It annoys me that lads think they can hide behind an anonymous internet login.

It makes me wonder, are these weirdos just trolling or do they actually think this is the way to impress a woman?

It makes me wonder, are these weirdos just trolling or do they actually think this is the way to impress a woman?

I think a lot are trolling but there are some that are serious! :eek:

After a few days of radio silence I just got a text from a girl I went on a date with last week.
    "Sorry for the delay in contact, youre a really nice guy, but I'm not really looking for anything rite now. Was nice meeting you though.x"

Oh well. I'm sure I'll get that second date some day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

After a few days of radio silence I just got a text from a girl I went on a date with last week.
    "Sorry for the delay in contact, youre a really nice guy, but I'm not really looking for anything rite now. Was nice meeting you though.x"

Oh well. I'm sure I'll get that second date some day.

well at least you got the text.

nothing worse than a date where you thought it went well, and nothing but an echo over the airwaves...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement