Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Want another one?? ;)

sure why not... I'll add you to the waiting list ;)

YES I am that much of a catch haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Anyone used that beautiful people site where the users have to vote you in? I just joined it for the laugh, wonder if I'll get rejected :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

kingtut wrote: »
    Anyone used that beautiful people site where the users have to vote you in? I just joined it for the laugh, wonder if I'll get rejected :pac:

No. Whats the name of it - although not sure if I could handle any more rejection! :eek:

Dovies wrote: »
    No. Whats the name of it - although not sure if I could handle any more rejection! :eek:

beautifulpeople.com

To be honest the idea of it is sickening but sure hey might as well find out if I'm ugly or not :D After 48 hours I'll know whether I am in or out...So far I am getting positive votes :rolleyes:

beautifulpeople.com

To be honest the idea of it is sickening but sure hey might as well find out if I'm ugly or not :D After 48 hours I'll know whether I am in or out...So far I am getting positive votes :rolleyes:

Hmm will have to check that out - will let you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

beautifulpeople.com

ah now I want to do that!! :cool: :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    ah now I want to do that!! :cool: :pac:

Why don't we all do it and see who gets in ? :D

Why don't we all do it and see who gets in ? :D

It won't upload my photo so that's already a bad sign, eh? :( :pac:

Wow rejected before you even start! :eek:

Nah it just means you are too hot to be displayed on the internet ;)

Please tell me Larianne is a woman....

• Advertisement

Damn slipped down to "half in half out" Which half of me is the ugly part? :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ill try this when I get home, I'm curious!

Misticles wrote: »

I think it's a load of crap and just a way to fool people into parting with their cash to be considered 'beautiful'.

We'll see if my opinion changes .. :)

Misticles wrote: »

Oooo I already know what you look like, in fact I have met you in person.
    *evil cackle*

I think it's a load of crap and just a way to fool people into parting with their cash to be considered 'beautiful'.

We'll see if my opinion changes .. :)

Oh I have no intention of becoming active on a site like that, full of posers etc, I just want to see if I am in or out after the 48 hour period :pac:

It is the last site you would want to join if you were looking for a partner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've no idea what the point in that site would be. would try it out but apparently I don't take a good photo :( plus couldn't handle any more rejection this week.

Got this message:
    "Honestly I'm not sure what to say here more than that you caught my attention for some reason. I really have no idea how to turn and unsolicited message to a pretty face and some words on the screen into a conversation"

n'awh!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I can confirm that none of you guys are on that website.
    Lonely at the top...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Got this message:
    "Honestly I'm not sure what to say here more than that you caught my attention for some reason. I really have no idea how to turn and unsolicited message to a pretty face and some words on the screen into a conversation"

n'awh!

It really is difficult though! How do you strike up a conversation with someone online when they say in their profile that you have to do more than just say "hi"? :)

It really is difficult though! How do you strike up a conversation with someone online when they say in their profile that you have to do more than just say "hi"? :)

Read their profile and then make a comment on it in your message or ask them a question about it or if you have similar interests talk about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Would you not say something like "I notice from your profile you do xyz..."

Like larianne said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Got this message:

CTRL+C
    CTRL+V
    Let the harass widespread net-casting begin! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I understand that, it just feels very awkward saying something like, "So I see you do (something or other)". It feels forced, almost.

Though maybe that's just me. :)

I understand that, it just feels very awkward saying something like, "So I see you do (something or other)". It feels forced, almost.

Well that's what I do and it works! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I agree with your point in a way. It is very difficult to judge what to send that will stand out but not be too much at the same time. Unless there is something in particular that stands out in a profile you run the risk of sending the same message that 20 other guys have sent.

"Oh I see you like movies". Not very original. I think I just prefer talking to people in real life!

Edit: Not that I ever sent that as a one liner, was just an exaggerated example!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I do find it feels forced, but hey I guess it's better than something generic.
    I just hate it when you put time and effort into relating to stuff they wrote about in their profile, they have a quick glance at yours, say "MEH!" and then don't mail you back.
    :pac: I tried to do things the right way, I really did! Now I just send this to everyone.

I agree with your point in a way. It is very difficult to judge what to send that will stand out but not be too much at the same time. Unless there is something in particular that stands out in a profile you run the risk of sending the same message that 20 other guys have sent.

"Oh I see you like movies". Not very original. I think I just prefer talking to people in real life!

Edit: Not that I ever sent that as a one liner, was just an exaggerate example!

yeah you need to come up with something original, something that stands out, in both what you write on yours and in what you approach someone with. that's what i've been advising the guys here asking for opinions.

yeah you need to come up with something original, something that stands out, in both what you write on yours and in what you approach someone with. that's what i've been advising the guys here asking for opinions.

Thing is though that you can write the perfect message but send it to the wrong person. There's no telling what the other person will think is a good message.

CTRL+C
    CTRL+V
    Let the harass widespread net-casting begin! :pac:

awh, and i thought i was special :( :pac:
    Thing is though that you can write the perfect message but send it to the wrong person. There's no telling what the other person will think is a good message.

well of course yeah, it's impossible to know, but the point is to make an effort.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

With all this talk of original first messages that stand out, it's almost making Online Dating seem like a marketing campaign.

"Get it while it's hot folks!"

:pac:

• Advertisement

well of course yeah, it's impossible to know, but the point is to make an effort.

Oh I know that but I was just supporting Odaise Gaelach's view. It can be a little forced and making an effort doesn't always pay off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement