Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

With all this talk of original first messages that stand out, it's almost making Online Dating seem like a marketing campaign.

"Get it while it's hot folks!"

:pac:

*licks fingertip*

*tttsssssss*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

*licks fingertip*

*tttsssssss*

Anyone else misread that as tits? :pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Missread... you mean it wasn't? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

I got a long winded, blindingly obvious , copied and pasted message from a smug looking guy on POF lastnight.

After 27 sentences about his soul, charisma and wonderful personality there's the following:

'Let me leave you with a quote.......'

Please. Let me leave you with a quote , JOG ON!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You...counted the sentences?

Times must be hard alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Thing is though that you can write the perfect message but send it to the wrong person. There's no telling what the other person will think is a good message.

Ah, but if you don't try, you don't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

You...counted the sentences?

Times must be hard alright!

There may have been 47 , it was long , I pulled that figure out of the air.

Times are harder for someone 'bombing' people with rehashed messages and making no reference to the recipients own profile i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There should be a sort of safeguard in place to recognise 'bombing runs' and ban the feckers.
    Goddamn time wasters, clogging up people's mail boxes.

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, but if you don't try, you don't get.

Oh I know that, it was just a post along the lines of "yes online dating can be difficult/annoying/tough" etc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

awh, and i thought i was special :( :pac:

You are! I was not saying otherwise and never would! Luv ya! x :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

I Did haha *hangs head in shame* :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

well with this weather im working serious tan, new pic of tan prehaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

manafana wrote: »
    well with this weather im working serious tan, new pic of tan prehaps.

:( love and curse the sunny weather for this reason.while i like to hide behind the irish weather for my pastey skin,alas my secret is out when the sun shines and i remain as pale as ever.

I'll comfort myself in my mothers words; sure isn't pale skin a sign of royalty.

Bow down before me 'cause i'm as pale as they come!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

yeahimhere wrote: »
    :( love and curse the sunny weather for this reason.while i like to hide behind the irish weather for my pastey skin,alas my secret is out when the sun shines and i remain as pale as ever.

I'll comfort myself in my mothers words; sure isn't pale skin a sign of royalty.

;)

arnt royalty imbreed thou , :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

:D

How's the PoF going for you Mickey? Have you finished your profile?

Yeah i think so? Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

yeahimhere wrote: »

;)

nothing wrong with pale skin :mad: whatever about a sign of royalty, it's a sign of not being cooked anyway.

nothing wrong with pale skin :mad: whatever about a sign of royalty, it's a sign of not being cooked anyway.

I don't really get the obsession with tanned skin myself.

Pale skin ages better anyway. Maybe it's a Wicklow thing, but myself and a few friends have a serious fondness for pale girls.

All depends on the woman imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah i think so? Why?

Just asking as you were having difficulty at the start. :)

Just asking as you were having difficulty at the start. :)

Ta. I just made some answers up and explained it in my profile. A friend of mine says that POF is crap and I should try smooched.com.

EDIT: This is gonna sound horrible, but I am being matched with loads of tiny women. Some are under 5 ft!!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

EDIT: This is gonna sound horrible, but I am being matched with loads of tiny women. Some are under 5 ft!!

ignore the 'my matches' its utterly random, use the advanced search instead and put something like dinosaurs in the interests field.......... Galv or his twin sis will turn up :pac:

MudSkipper wrote: »
    ignore the 'my matches' its utterly random, use the advanced search instead and put something like dinosaurs in the interests field.......... Galv or his twin sis will turn up :pac:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/

This is the page i'm talking about

http://www.plentyoffish.com/
    This is the page i'm talking about

Thats the login one? Presume you mean 'my matches'

Still very random, more or less based on searches you've done, as far as I can tell......... my only consistent search criteria are age and location, it seems to be matching them reasonably

Thats the login one? Presume you mean 'my matches'

Still very random, more or less based on searches you've done, as far as I can tell......... my only consistent search criteria are age and location, it seems to be matching them reasonably

Yup thats it. The message I'm getting is "Not Enough Local Matches - refining to State Level"

:rolleyes:

Yup thats it. The message I'm getting is "Not Enough Local Matches - refining to State Level" :rolleyes:

'State level'??

Did you set Ireland as country? Theres a 'Dublin' in Ohio (IIRC) and likely one or two more elsewhere in other US states

'State level'??

Did you set Ireland as country? Theres a 'Dublin' in Ohio (IIRC) and likely one or two more elsewhere in other US states

I think I did yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Am noticing a lot of woman describing their sense of humor as 'sarcastic'. I've found sarcasm is something hard to 'turn' off once you start thinking that way i.e. your outlook on the world becomes more sarcastic. Anyways am tempted to message a girl who describes her humor as sarcastic because she's hot and comes across as nice in her profile. Will sleep on it! As ye were, carry on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

manafana wrote: »
    arnt royalty imbreed thou , :D

They have been known!

Ah here, no need to be so serious, I know myself how bad it is for the skin. It's no secret that a tan can make (in general) people look healthier but pale skin can look just as nice on some people.

I was just telling a little yarn that my mother used to say from when I was a teenager and used to feel self conscience that I didn't tan. No need for the anger :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement