Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Am noticing a lot of woman describing their sense of humor as 'sarcastic'. I've found sarcasm is something hard to 'turn' off once you start thinking that way i.e. your outlook on the world becomes more sarcastic. Anyways am tempted to message a girl who describes her humor as sarcastic because she's hot and comes across as nice in her profile. Will sleep on it! As ye were, carry on....

let us know how it goes if you do :)
    yeahimhere wrote: »
    They have been known!

Ah here, no need to be so serious, I know myself how bad it is for the skin. It's no secret that a tan can make (in general) people look healthier but pale skin can look just as nice on some people.

I was just telling a little yarn that my mother used to say from when I was a teenager and used to feel self conscience that I didn't tan. No need for the anger :rolleyes:

I wasn't serious, thought that would've been obvious. apparently not.

ah it rubs me up the wrong way this idea of blonde, tall, tanned and made up being perfect. not that I was saying that's what you were getting at, but ah whatever, this is getting off topic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ta. I just made some answers up and explained it in my profile. A friend of mine says that POF is crap and I should try smooched.com.

I'd avoid that website like the plague IMO. It's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Dont thinky Online Dating is For me! On POF about 5 months and i could still probab;y count the number of mails ive recieved on both hands even tho i have sent mails i never get replys

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Dont thinky Online Dating is For me! On POF about 5 months and i could still probab;y count the number of mails ive recieved on both hands even tho i have sent mails i never get replys

Well what kinda things have you been writing in your mails?

Well what kinda things have you been writing in your mails?

em, different things deoending on what the other person had in there profile. id pick out something lik if they say there studying id ask what are they studying and stuff like that

• Advertisement

em, different things deoending on what the other person had in there profile. id pick out something lik if they say there studying id ask what are they studying and stuff like that

Yeah,sounds fair enough. Do you have a picture up?

Are you going to delete your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I've noticed one thing a few times.

I'll email a girl, or a girl will email me, and we'll exchange a few nice mails back and forth. I'll ask her if she wants to meet up, and she'll say yes.

Then, the trend seems to be that if 7 days or more* passes between the time when the date is agreed and the time when the date is going to happen, the date *often* does not happen and contact is somehow broken.

I've had two girls disappear on me in the past two weeks in this way. Not very bothered as I have another two dates arranged, and anyway, I have barely any time for anything at the moment. But it is a little annoying.

Yeah,sounds fair enough. Do you have a picture up?

Are you going to delete your account?

i have 5 fairly decent pics up i think anyway!

Eh i dunno, probably not. I Might get lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'll get back into online dating if/when I move back to Dublin. I think having that location and flexibility it offers makes a difference. Flexibility is important with online dating. And not just in how I can do the splits...:pac:

i have 5 fairly decent pics up i think anyway!

Eh i dunno, probably not. I Might get lucky

Just looked at your profile again Amanda - I think it must be your age, as your profile is better than heaps of others. I really think there are very few under 21 on it. It gets a lot easier when you break through the 24/25 barrier I think. It could also be your location. I don't know how far you're casting your net, but if you're in a rural enough county, you might have to cast it fairly wide!

• Advertisement

Yeh ill put it down to my age ( dont make me feel as bad)
    Ah im flexible with distance. i love traveling to new places haha

Yeh ill put it down to my age ( dont make me feel as bad)
    Ah im flexible with distance. i love traveling to new places haha

I bet you do - you get to drive ;)
    Me too actually. I've no problem driving for up to an hour beyond where I live. I enjoy it actually.

Tremelo wrote: »
    I bet you do - you get to drive ;)
    Me too actually. I've no problem driving for up to an hour beyond where I live. I enjoy it actually.

Me Too! Makes it a lil bit more exciting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Why does PoF work in fits and starts? First week, tumbleweed; second and third week, groaning under the weight of mails, chatting to lots of women, dates arranged and plans made; week four, can't a reply to a mail, no women mailing me first, nobody clicking the "would like to meet" button; week five, over 30 clicks of the WLTM button, a few mails, lots of replies to my mails; week 6, I couldn't get arrested on it - no clicks, no mails, no replies.

Is there some obvious reason for this that I am just not seeing?

Why does PoF work in fits and starts? First week, tumbleweed; second and third week, groaning under the weight of mails, chatting to lots of women, dates arranged and plans made; week four, can't a reply to a mail, no women mailing me first, nobody clicking the "would like to meet" button; week five, over 30 clicks of the WLTM button, a few mails, lots of replies to my mails; week 6, I couldn't get arrested on it - no clicks, no mails, no replies.

Is there some obvious reason for this that I am just not seeing?

The fickle fortunes of life? Similar experiences on it. I think there's a large turnover on the site, so every few weeks there are a lot of new faces on it and, hence, new opportunities.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,235 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kingtut wrote: »
    Anyone used that beautiful people site where the users have to vote you in? I just joined it for the laugh, wonder if I'll get rejected :pac:

I presume if you pay the €1.49 to see your progress the nab you for a €35 one month membership too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I presume if you pay the €1.49 to see your progress the nab you for a €35 one month membership too??

Sounds like a bit of a scam.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,235 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sounds like a bit of a scam.

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

Hi All! Just joined PoF a few weeks ago. I've had no mail from any girls yet. Sent out some as well and I've had no replies either. Getting a bit fustrating now! Would any of you ladies here be willing to look at my profile and maybe offer some advice if you think it could be improved? If so could you please PM me and I'll give you my PoF details. Thanks a lot!

mstan wrote: »
    Hi All! Just joined PoF a few weeks ago. I've had no mail from any girls yet. Sent out some as well and I've had no replies either. Getting a bit fustrating now! Would any of you ladies here be willing to look at my profile and maybe offer some advice if you think it could be improved? If so could you please PM me and I'll give you my PoF details. Thanks a lot!

unless there's already a couple of the guys after telling you to avoid my advice then i'll do it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Something I'm beginning to notice on okcupid: new women join okc. Fast forward a week or so, and they're in my "quiver" thing, but would have little or nothing in common with me :pac:

Call me cynical if you may, but it's almost as if any and all women that join are flung at the guys waiting on the site?

the_syco wrote: »
    Something I'm beginning to notice on okcupid: new women join okc. Fast forward a week or so, and they're in my "quiver" thing, but would have little or nothing in common with me :pac:

Call me cynical if you may, but it's almost as if any and all women that join are flung at the guys waiting on the site?

Seems like that to me too. Nearly everyone it links to for me seems to from Cork too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I joined Pof a month ago and happy to say it's worked out quite well!

4 dates so far with an absolute legend of a girl who I only met 2 weeks ago on there.

Maybe I just got really lucky but I recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

I joined Pof a month ago and happy to say it's worked out quite well!

4 dates so far with an absolute legend of a girl who I only met 2 weeks ago on there.

Maybe I just got really lucky but I recommend it!

I hate you a liitle bit :eek:.

Nah , nice one , I like the success stories , well done mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had a browse around that plenty of fish site and came across this particular profile's description:

Interests:

chilln out watchin a dvd

About Me:

wats d story d names *** im livin in dublin(cabra west)wit me baby dont really know wat to put ere so im just crapn on so if you like wat you c drop us a line ha and ill get back to u
    o yeah al pedos stay away
    x x x x x x x

*shudders*

/snob

But what's the problem,there's no lols,she must be classy :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had a browse around that plenty of fish site and came across this particular profile's description:

Interests:

chilln out watchin a dvd

About Me:

wats d story d names ***** im livin in dublin(cabra west)wit me baby dont really know wat to put ere so im just crapn on so if you like wat you c drop us a line ha and ill get back to u
    o yeah al pedos stay away
    x x x x x x x

*shudders*

/snob

I think it's a bit uncool to share detailed stuff from profiles on here. If that girl wants to put bits of identifying info in her profile, that's up to her, but passing it on is not good. If you don't like her profile, just pass it by.

I think it's a bit uncool to share detailed stuff from profiles on here. If that girl wants to put bits of identifying info in her profile, that's up to her, but passing it on is not good. If you don't like her profile, just pass it by.

I didn't put up a direct link or anything but to be fair the profile is accessible to anybody who wishes to join the site.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I didn't put up a direct link or anything but to be fair the profile is accessible to anybody who wishes to join the site.

She's chosen to put it there, not here. You didn't even anonymise it.

• Advertisement

She's chosen to put it there, not here. You didn't even anonymise it.

Fine. I'll bleep out her name because I'm pretty sure she's the only person by that name living in Cabra.
    :rolleyes:

EDIT: This post is a bit dickish. Just in a crap mood so apologies mate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement