Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

• 04-08-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, A couple of weeks ago I switched to 3 mobile broadband.I was told the area I lived in was marginal but I had a 2 week trial ....I signed up to 18 months and thought well if it doesnt work out then thats it.I got home stuck the dongle in and was amazed! ........ brilliant....speed good.........only lost connection once in 2 weeks.Exactly 2 weeks later (I kid you not) I lost the connection for a few hours and then when I did get on it was extremely slow.I wondered if it was my laptop.......drove into the local town and the speed was fantastic there....as you'd expect.I just cant understand why the speed and connection would be excellent for 2 weeks....anyone else experienced or heard of same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

timespast wrote: »
    Hi, A couple of weeks ago I switched to 3 mobile broadband.I was told the area I lived in was marginal but I had a 2 week trial ....I signed up to 18 months and thought well if it doesnt work out then thats it.I got home stuck the dongle in and was amazed! ........ brilliant....speed good.........only lost connection once in 2 weeks.Exactly 2 weeks later (I kid you not) I lost the connection for a few hours and then when I did get on it was extremely slow.I wondered if it was my laptop.......drove into the local town and the speed was fantastic there....as you'd expect.I just cant understand why the speed and connection would be excellent for 2 weeks....anyone else experienced or heard of same?

This is the broadband board and you have got midband I am sorry to say.

Here is the link to that board and there are a few threads of 3 there already.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭timespast

OK, Thanks for putting me straight.

Advertisement