Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuffing

Options
  • 04-08-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Bought this lovely stuffing for the sandwiches in supervalu a few weeks ago... But neither Tesco nor Lidl have anything similar.. You can buy bread crumbs, or very, very expensive stuffing in a very fancy package.... But I want it for sandwiches not for stuffing the damned Turkey..

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Make it yourself....

Breadcrumbs, butter, mixed herbs, finely chopped onion, mix it all together. Pop in a oven proof glass bowl, cover with tin foil and bang in the oven for 30 minutes at about 180......
    If you want a bit of meaty flavour, add a stick cube and the tiniest bit of water..... simple!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oven,
    proof glass bowl,
    cover with tin foil

Can you please explain the above terminology..

Seriously thought Niamh, I just want ready made stuff... I dont want spend longer making the stuffing than I would making the sandwich.. Is there anywhere that sells something cheap and cheerful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hillbilly999

i get mine from dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

oven,
    proof glass bowl,
    cover with tin foil

Can you please explain the above terminology..

Seriously thought Niamh, I just want ready made stuff... I dont want spend longer making the stuffing than I would making the sandwich.. Is there anywhere that sells something cheap and cheerful..
    you would only have it make it once a month and freeze a load of it in freezer bags and defrost a bit every few days. Sage and onion is my fav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

oven,
    proof glass bowl,
    cover with tin foil

Considering the OP thinks the oven and proof glass bowl are two separate things I can see why he might not be too keen on making it :)

Seriously though it's so easy to make, my mom always has little blocks of it frozen in the freezer and can take them out for sandwiches or roast dinners for only a couple of people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Spadina wrote: »
    Considering the OP thinks the oven and proof glass bowl are two separate things I can see why he might not be too keen on making it :)

Seriously though it's so easy to make, my mom always has little blocks of it frozen in the freezer and can take them out for sandwiches or roast dinners for only a couple of people.

Ha! Doubt he wants to make, if it's not in tesco/dunnes then it'll be nowhere dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

have you tried asking at sandwich counter.i get tub of it at supervalu,like you would coleslaw.i use what i need and then freeze the rest in little bags,enough per serving and itl defrost overnight in fridge ready for next day

have you tried asking at sandwich counter.i get tub of it at supervalu,
    Good idea. I'll check it out.
    Considering the OP thinks the oven and proof glass bowl are two separate things I can see why he might not be too keen on making it

hmm, yeah I made a mistake in my formatting alright, for the record I do know what oven proof is .. I googled it.. lol..... My real point is, I dont there's any point in cooking up a load of it, as there is only me who will be using it.. I could boil a ham as well (and have done) but it's just more convenient to buy the cheap packet stuff.. I just want something similar for the stuffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

put a knob of butter in a sauce pan, sweat some onions out in it, add breadcrumbs and fresh parsley and bada bing bada boom - stuffing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

helloooooooo

Your supossed to put suasgege meet into stuffing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

helloooooooo

Your supossed to put suasgege meet into stuffing :D

It depends entirely on the stuffing.

Gooooodbye!!

It depends entirely on the stuffing.
    Gooooodbye!!

Derek Mooney is that you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I like the chicken and stuffing mixture that you pick up at the deli counter myself. Delicious in a sandwich with cheese,bacon and peppers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Stuffing should always and only be made inside a meat - hence "stuffing"!

Chicken stuffing:
    Parsley
    Thyme
    Bread
    Butter
    Onion
    Salt
    Pepper
    (all in food processor and then stuffed up the birds rear end).

Advertisement