Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you react?.....

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

If I were in a sexless marriage and the cause of that was me, either I was bored or lost erotic charge for my husband, chances are a affair wouldnt bother me that much. In fact, I might be relieved that the pressure was off me.

If he was visiting prostitutes, that would demean him in my eyes and the marriage would be over. I find it difficult to be friends with someone I look down on, let alone married to someone I see as beneath me.

To me that is very hypocritical!!! You have no issues with cheat but you do with someone who uses a prostitute?!?!?! Yes I know you said if you were the cause but generally affairs happen cos both parties have let them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I think it a very complicated issue...i would be very upset because i think it say a lot about the kind of guy he would be to do something like that, i think it would say a lot about his attitude to women but i don't think i would have some sort of hysterical over reaction and say never darken my door again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Pembily wrote: »
    To me that is very hypocritical!!! You have no issues with cheat but you do with someone who uses a prostitute?!?!?! Yes I know you said if you were the cause but generally affairs happen cos both parties have let them!!!

Well ok. But if money was being spent on prostitutes that could be going on the children or their education then of course I'd be pissed more.

Plus its icky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

But if money was being spent on prostitutes that could be going on the children or their education then of course I'd be pissed more.

And if half the money that was paid to TD's (to do little else but fcuk us over) was spent on education then I would be way happier but such as it its not and it sucks and life is not perfect...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Personally I'd be terribly disappointed in myself ... for selecting such an inadequate excuse for a man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

neveah wrote: »
    I was listening to Sean Moncrieffe on Newstalk earlier today and there was a report on prostitution in Ireland. Their case study was Portlaoise and they found that there was up to 20 brothels in operation in the town. The general message was that prostitution is rampant in every city, town and village of Ireland!

So a lot of men out there must be using these services, it got me thinking, how would I feel if I found out that a guy I had just started seeing had used the services of a prostitute before? Or how would I feel if I found out a long term boyfriend had previously used a prostitute??

To be honest the thought made my skin crawl! I think it would change my whole perception of the person. I would not at all be comfortable with it. Don't get me wrong, I have had previous bf's who have gone to strip clubs on stag do's and looked at lads mags, that stuff didn't bother me really but I just think it would totally freak me out if I found out my OH had slept with a prostitute!:eek:

Thankfully I have never found myself in this situation (or not to my knowledge anyway!) but I'm just wondering how would you ladies feel/react if it happened to you?

I wouldnt be bothered so long as i knew he was safe and wasnt a ritual visitor :mad: (Not my business what he did before sexually)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

No man gets free sex. There's always a price whether it's cash to a prostitute or flowers and perfume for your girlfriend. Its just a question of price and type of currency.

This poster's usual gender issues related wisdom :rolleyes:

Just because YOU can't get free sex (with views like that, I'm not surprised), doesn't mean plenty of others can't. I have never in my life required flowers, perfume, dinners or any similar bull to hit the sack with anyone, thank you very much (beside which, did you know that these days women also get expensive gifts for men and people usually go halves when eating out?). So, insinuating that all women are, in some way or other, prostitutes, is, as ever from you, deeply offensive to our gender (aside from being BS).

Anyways... I don't know how I would react, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy, that's a sure thing. Just as long as he is STI's clean, I guess.

Advertisement