Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave Redmond on Today FM

• 04-08-2010 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am shocked that no one put this up. Dave Redmond was on Today FM Monday night. He played some brilliant tunes! He is a top quality DJ. It's good to see that the station picked up another top class DJ even if it is on a swing DJ basis!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Great news. He should never have been dropped by RTE. I hope he gets a more permanent slot soon. He sit in very well at today fm.
    In fairness I think it was a decision made by an accountant rather than a radio manager at the time.

Dave Redmond is a top class jock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

I heard them say he's in for Tony Fenton this week.

So he's totally gone from 2fm now permanetly I'd imagine now.

good dj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I always liked him as one of the better DJ's but humble at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Just listening to him now. He's in for Tony Fenton for the week. I still don't get how he got dropped from 2fm and they put the other two on weekend breakfast. Can someone enlighten me please?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Jeez Lenny - they are going to have to get you your own radio forum soon! There's a thread on this already.

He had a shaky start but quite good. He's doing it in a similar style to Fenton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Sorry, Just found the other thread! Oh dear... in trouble again... sigh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

in trouble again... sigh :(

No, you're not.

Threads merged... carry on! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Average at best. If he was so great, he wouldnt have been let go from RTE. Very much a 'that was, this is, whats in the paper' kind of jock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Average at best. If he was so great, he wouldnt have been let go from RTE. Very much a 'that was, this is, whats in the paper' kind of jock.

He was one of the unfortunate people at RTE when the axe was wielded lateast year. From what I gather anyone who was joined a a presenter in the last few years would have been on similar contracts as what you would find at Independant radio
    Stations. That would explain why some peoe have not had contacts renewed but others seem to be there for the long haul as they would be holding down certain clauses/retainers if they were let go.

Anyway back to Dave.. Top jock and I hope Today Fm keep him long term!

Advertisement