Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mickey Arteta

Options
  • 04-08-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Two questions on this lad:

First: Playing as Everton, with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation at the moment. Mickey usually plays on the right side of the 2 centre mids (my game has his best position as CM even though he's listed as AMRLC). However I cannot, for the life of me, get him playing well. I've tried CM with 'support' and 'attack' roles, I've tried him as a playmaker and I've tried him in the hole behind the two strikers.

Can anyone give me any advice? I'd really like to hang on to him as he's the best I have at set-pieces i.e. corners and free kicks and, frankly, nobody else comes close. That said, if he continues to have 6.2 games, I'm just going to ditch him and play Rodwell and Defour (not bad backups!).

Second: His fitness is poxy and he'll generally be down to about 70% by the end of the first half even if he starts at 97/98 - anything I can do to improve it?

Muchos thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

When I had Arteta (wasnt with everton, cant remember who I bought him with) I played him in centre mid with a playmaker - attack role, direct passing and set as playmaker. Basically focus only on attack. Played him ahead of 2 dmcs, and then with an AMR AML ST ahead. Seemed to play well in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Max Power1 wrote: »
    When I had Arteta (wasnt with everton, cant remember who I bought him with) I played him in centre mid with a playmaker - attack role, direct passing and set as playmaker. Basically focus only on attack. Played him ahead of 2 dmcs, and then with an AMR AML ST ahead. Seemed to play well in that.

Thanks, he's tearing up the place nowadays and finished with 11 goals by season's end, keeping Defour out of the team.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

He's very similar to Fabregas, I like to operate the Arteta style player in a Deep Lying Playmaker Role.

Advertisement