Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia X6

Options
  • 04-08-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I just downloaded the newest software update for my X6 and have encountered some issues as a result.

Firstly, it will not connect to OVI via usb or bluetooth. Secondly, when trying to go online no access points are available.

Has anyone else downloaded this update and had the same issues?
    Any ideas how to solve these problems or how to reset the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Have you tried a hard reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dceire wrote: »
    Any ideas how to solve these problems or how to reset the phone?

You mean go back to the old software, then no. Does work like that im afraid.

They sound easy enough to be fixed tbh, haven't heard of similar problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

It's now recognising the connection on OVI. I tried to reinstall the software update but to no avail. It still doesn't have any access points available for surfing the web and using apps.

Just add the access points manually. All the settings are available in the FAQ. Ask away if you need help

I had a look in FAQ but I'm not really sure what I'm at to be honest.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Whats the situation with soft/hard resets? Are they likely to restore the phone to its former glory?

• Advertisement

Soft resets = phone memory
    Hard resets = mass memory

What network are you and i will post the settings for you

I'm with vodafone. Cheers.

Do you use the 99cent a day payg or how you pay for your data

Davy wrote: »
    Do you use the 99cent a day payg or how you pay for your data

I'm actually on pay as you go but I pretty much use my wifi connection for everything.

dceire wrote: »
    I'm actually on pay as you go but I pretty much use my wifi connection for everything.

Ah ok, here is the vodafone live settings anyway in case you want to use them at some stage, only takes a minute to put them in, if you dont you will be kicking yourself someday when your stuck

Vodafone WAP (Live)

connection name:Vf Live!
    data bearer: packet data
    APN:live.vodafone.com
    username:dublin
    prompt password:no
    password:dublin
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://live.vodafone.com
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:010.024.059.100 (optional)
    proxy port:80 (optional)

For using wlan, just search for a network, click to browse, it will ask you for your WEP or WPA etc. If you enter this, that will have you connected, and wont need to re-enter it again

• Advertisement

I actually turned off and back on my phone and now have 10 access points available. They are listed as being 'Uncategorised'

They appear in:
    Settings - Connectivity - Destinations - Uncategorised

6 of them are various Meteor access points and the other 4 are Vodafone. I tested the Vodafone live one and it seems to be working.

How do i 'categorise' these access points?

Also, just on the wifi, where do I add it as an access point? Is it in the same place as above?

To set them up, its fairly easy.

Highlight 'Voda live' > options > organise > move to dest > then select internet.

For wlan, just go back a menu to connectivity. Then go to 'wlan' > click on your network > and then enter your security code :)

It actually won't let me organise them, its saying

"Unable to edit protected network destination" :confused:

Will it let you "copy to dest"

No, its not letting me do that either.

I created a new destination and its now letting me 'Move to other dest.' this being the new destination I have created but when I go back into that destination, it has no access point defined.

You can just go into the 'internet' destination, and create it in there. will be no need for moving or copying.

There actually wasn't a tab for wireless lan at all.

It was starting to do my head in so I just reset it. I had everything backed up on OVI so it was no big deal. The only downside seems to be that I've lost a few apps but at least it has sorted the problems I was having.

I really appreciate your help. You probably would have sorted it for me if you had the phone but some of use have somewhat limited talent when it comes to gadgets :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Advertisement