Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How accessible is Dundalk for someone who uses a walker?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello everyone,

I am considering a move to Dundalk within the next 3-5 years. I have Cerebral Palsy and use a walker to get around. Is anyone here from the area who can provide some insight on how accessible the area is for the disabled. I have traveled extensively throughout Dublin, Cork, Galway and Donegal, and I'm trying to get a sense of the level of access in Dundalk in comparison to those places. Obviously, I will spend as much time as possible in Dundalk before actually moving there, but I currently reside in the United States and my next trip to Ireland will most likely not be until next year.

My reason for moving to Dundalk, specifically, would be to attend the Grace Fellowship Family Church that's located there, but a big part of my decision to move will be based on how easy it is for me to get around the town, and I am trying to get an idea of what things are like in advance of me being able to make a visit there.

Thanks a million!

Sorcha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

PoniesRGr8 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I am considering a move to Dundalk within the next 3-5 years. I have Cerebral Palsy and use a walker to get around. Is anyone here from the area who can provide some insight on how accessible the area is for the disabled. I have traveled extensively throughout Dublin, Cork, Galway and Donegal, and I'm trying to get a sense of the level of access in Dundalk in comparison to those places. Obviously, I will spend as much time as possible in Dundalk before actually moving there, but I currently reside in the United States and my next trip to Ireland will most likely not be until next year.

My reason for moving to Dundalk, specifically, would be to attend the Grace Fellowship Family Church that's located there, but a big part of my decision to move will be based on how easy it is for me to get around the town, and I am trying to get an idea of what things are like in advance of me being able to make a visit there.

Thanks a million!

Sorcha

Well dundalk its self is very flat, and the roads are all paved no cobblestone or anything like that. Also all the main shops and things are located with-in a mile of each other.

Advertisement