Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Basketball jerseys in ireland?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DonOcelot

Ive become a big basketball fan over the last couple of years and ive been looking to buy a jersey (Celtics) and have found it very difficult. There is a few on eBay but they have a limited selection and its hard to find the right one. Online irish stores like Champions Sport, Elvery's etc... dont have any and the actual stores themselves have none either.

I cant think of anywhere else to try. I know i could get them no problem from the states but they are expensive enough without the added delivery price getting it from there.
    So anyone have any suggestions?

(By the way, if this aint in the right section, feel free to move it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

ebay ebay ebay, ive tons of jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Related question (and please dont say ebay, already checked and they oddly dont have any, and id rather a store purchase anyway):

Anyone know anywhere where I can get a Celtics backpack in Dublin?

And OP, I got my Celtics jersey during the summer in Footlocker Blanchardstown, had it ordered in, Swords had them too afaik, those are the only ones that you can even order jerseys in from afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DonOcelot

Yeah, like the guy above me said, its hard to get exactly what you want on eBay these days.
    I live in Offaly, so its a bit of a hassle to go to dublin for a jersey. Thanks though.
    I was actually looking at NBA.com, considering its in the US its not that bad price wise, after delivery it cost around €70-€80. I know its not the cheapest but they have anything you want.
    I will continue to look around and pop on eBay now and again to see if i can get a bargain, if not, NBA.com it is.

getting stuff off nba.com and eastbay.com will incur import/customs taxes here which can cost a ton. up to about 1/2 the price u originally paid for.

if u want some basketball gear in general (and i shud of mentioned) go to nike.com and find their ireland store. they have some jerseys, reasonable prices. only like 6-12e delivery and no import tax since its based in holland.

if i go on ebay for xl jerseys there are plenty of options, only some are like 50e. do browse regularly for a bargain which is what i do. i got ATL Hawks Joe Johnson for 39e plus del. and i got Paul Peirce for 34e too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DonOcelot

I went to the Nike Store, they didnt have any jerseys but they did have some nice basketball shirts and delivery cost isnt bad at all.

I have been browsing thru ebay again and have found some reasonable deals.

Thanks again Da Goat.

• Advertisement

DonOcelot wrote: »
    Yeah, like the guy above me said, its hard to get exactly what you want on eBay these days.
    I live in Offaly, so its a bit of a hassle to go to dublin for a jersey. Thanks though.
    I was actually looking at NBA.com, considering its in the US its not that bad price wise, after delivery it cost around €70-€80. I know its not the cheapest but they have anything you want.
    I will continue to look around and pop on eBay now and again to see if i can get a bargain, if not, NBA.com it is.

So you know if you were willing to make the trip, it was only 30€ in Footlocker, might be back up to 50 now though not sure. And I think I tried ordering one off nba.com once (might have been celtics.com) and Ireland for some reason wasn't in the delivery drop down.

Footlocker.com has 'em cheaper than nba site aswell, about 60$ so mabye 50€ with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

yeh basically footlocker is the place you want to go. normally only have Celtics, Lakers and Cavs over the last year though. every so often you might see a few Heat or Magic jerseys. normally only stock jerseys for the biggest players too :)

kev_s88 wrote: »
    yeh basically footlocker is the place you want to go. normally only have Celtics, Lakers and Cavs over the last year though. every so often you might see a few Heat or Magic jerseys. normally only stock jerseys for the biggest players too :)

In Ireland generally its just Lakers and for whatever reason ill never understand Pistons. and if your lucky you can get them to order in a Celtics, never seen any of the others at all. Blanch dont even display the jerseys anymore so swords must be the main hub for all of them now.

DonOcelot wrote: »
    I went to the Nike Store, they didnt have any jerseys but they did have some nice basketball shirts and delivery cost isnt bad at all.

I have been browsing thru ebay again and have found some reasonable deals.

Thanks again Da Goat.

they have usa jerseys at the moment. and some jordan non team ones. adidas have the nba jersey brand at the moment tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Foot locker on O’Connell Street, and Jordan brand jerseys in a few colors/styles at the moment.

Foot locker in swords have lebron James cav's & Iverson Detroit jerseys on sale for €30. Since they don’t play for those teams anymore
    They have celtics/lakers jerseys for full price, €50 or €60.

• Advertisement

not bad, i try to never pay more than 40e for a jersey tho

brainiac wrote: »
    Related question (and please dont say ebay, already checked and they oddly dont have any, and id rather a store purchase anyway):

Anyone know anywhere where I can get a Celtics backpack in Dublin?

Anyone have an answer to my Q? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

brainiac wrote: »
    Anyone have an answer to my Q? :)

you could probably chance lifestyle sports - nearly certain I seen them in Cavan so... if there in cavan there surely to be had....

don't quote me on that now but I doubt there that hard to come across

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Anyone spotted any O'Neal-Celtics jersies anywhere? What Number is the big man gonna wear?

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    you could probably chance lifestyle sports - nearly certain I seen them in Cavan so... if there in cavan there surely to be had....

don't quote me on that now but I doubt there that hard to come across

Thanks for the tip but I rang head office and they said that they were in stock last year but weren't and cant be ordered this year, mabye Cavan had one left over fvrom last year that you saw? Either way I don't think that's an option :(.

Anyone else have any ideas where to pick one up? Even a cheap site with one is fine, but im finding it quite difficult to locate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CKavo

eastbay.com is the place to go, Da Goat is right there are additional charges for import but it's still cheaper than wat you would pay here and the variety of stuff available is second to none! At least you'll get exactly what you want! I order stuff from them all the time so can recommend them highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Don't. Bad selection, most sports shops don't really care about them and still sell 'Champion' jerseys who haven't been NBA sponsors for a good few years. Also mainly just Bron, Celtics or Lakers jerseys here. Just go onto eastbay.com or even nba.com. Pricey but you get the choice of replica, swingman or authentic which is pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Shop around lads, lifestyles, Elvereys, Footlocker, however there isnt much of a choice, Lakers, Heat and so on, with buying online shipping and tax is to high most of the time, saw La Lakers jerseys on sale for 40 quid in lifestyles in Galway recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Anyone spotted any O'Neal-Celtics jersies anywhere? What Number is the big man gonna wear?

Haven't spotted any around myself but he's gonna wear #36 from what I've read and seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

These retro NBA tops are BAD-ASS, They might be slightly counterfeit, but you won't get nicer, IMO of course. Roughly 30-40 euros delivered

Retro Celtics - http://www.ioffer.com/i/33-larry-bird-retro-jersey-green-149606373

Retro NBA - http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/retro%20nba

NBA - http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/nba%20jerseys

Celtics - http://www.ioffer.com/c/Fan-Apparel-Souvenirs-1019522/Boston+Celtics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone know where one can find a genuine Nike Lithuania/Lietuva or a CSKA Moscow top?

Jakob wrote: »
    These retro NBA tops are BAD-ASS, They might be slightly counterfeit, but you won't get nicer, IMO of course. Roughly 30-40 euros delivered

Retro Celtics - http://www.ioffer.com/i/33-larry-bird-retro-jersey-green-149606373

Retro NBA - http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/retro%20nba

NBA - http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/nba%20jerseys

Celtics - http://www.ioffer.com/c/Fan-Apparel-Souvenirs-1019522/Boston+Celtics

sure the counterfeit jerseys Ive seen are nearly as good as the official champion Europe brand version of the nba jerseys available over here and in Europe.

wonder why they shops don't stock the Nike/Reebok replica's, and instead we have the champion brand which are not quite as nice

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Adidas have the current NBA licence but even in the Adidas store in Vegas they had 2 jerseys for sale and NOTHING else - Lebron's Cleveland 23 at $19.99 and Kobe's Lakers 24 at full price (I think $69.99) or something like that. If they're not going to sell them in an Adidas store in the US (and in the city where the NBA runs a Summer League!) I don't think they're going to be pushing Lifestyle Sports all that hard to stock them on another continent! Only decent place to buy official NBA kit in the US is at a game or the NBA Store in NY - but even they had no Celtics Tees in my size last time I was there!

Someone told me that the Champion jerseys here are leftovers from the old deal - which makes them OLD!!!!! Not sure how true that is but it's been years since I've seen a Champion jersey in the US anyway so might have some validity. The Nike and Reebok jerseys are definitely old.

seen the Adidas brand Nba jerseys are finally here in footlocker.
    small selection D.Rose ,KG & Kobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alleyoop

Apologies for quoting an online retailer - I know you were looking for an Irish one .. but I get all of my C's gear from www.footballfanatics.com .. some of the sizing has been a bit hit 'n' miss but generally good service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

the american clothes shop on middle abbey street used[/I] to have a good stock of jerseys, not sure if thats still the case..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nbajerseysguy

Sportsjerseyscheap.com 33 euro for a jersey and I have ordered a few jerseys from there and the quality is brilliant.

Sportsjerseyscheap.com 33 euro for a jersey and I have ordered a few jerseys from there and the quality is brilliant.

wouldnt trust the site till i hear more about it. plus import tax on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Da GOAT wrote: »
    wouldnt trust the site till i hear more about it. plus import tax on this.
    also wouldnt trust a login that just created an account to tell us about that site either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Check out this thread about American Football Jersey's. I've had a look through some of the ones mentioned that had good feedback from boards members and they had some NBA jerseys also. The quality of the NFL ones were supposed to be of great quality so i'm sure the bball ones would be too.

The link would be handy.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055768188

Advertisement