Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mail problems on ip4?

• 04-08-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having trouble with mail on the ip4?

I've it configured to gmail, and it sometimes won't mark mails as read. I also keep getting mails from
    No sender with no subject from jan 1st 1970 (amazing I know).

I've tried deleting my mail account and reinstalling it but no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

misslt wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble with mail on the ip4?

I've it configured to gmail, and it sometimes won't mark mails as read. I also keep getting mails from
    No sender with no subject from jan 1st 1970 (amazing I know).

I've tried deleting my mail account and reinstalling it but no joy.

Yes, this started happening to me a couple of days ago. I rebooted the phone and the mails have gone from the inbox, but I don't think that the problem is permanently gone. There seems to be lots of others with the same problem but I couldn't find a definite solution. If you have solved it, let us know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

No permanent solution - I just keep deleting the account and re-installing it!

Also last night it got worse - the phone would bing to let me know I got mail, and would tell me I had new mail, but the mails weren't in my inbox on the phone, but were there on the computer/gmail through safari.

It's very annoying!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

misslt wrote: »
    No permanent solution - I just keep deleting the account and re-installing it!

Also last night it got worse - the phone would bing to let me know I got mail, and would tell me I had new mail, but the mails weren't in my inbox on the phone, but were there on the computer/gmail through safari.

It's very annoying!

its happening me a bit too on Yahoo.
    the problem seems to be the mail servers not pushing the email to the phone properly. seen a good bit on various foums through out the world from a google search.

i deleted my account and re set it up and it fixed the 1970 emails comming in but the issue with the beep and the email symbol can be fixed by going into your sent items folder, let that connect and update and then go back to your inbox and the new email should be there. thats what works for me.

dont know what the problem is though with it.

EDIT - just want to let people know, the same thing happened on my 3Gs so its not an iPhone 4 only problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fintanmac

Problem I have is that my old Indigo account will allow me to collect emails using mail2web.com - a great website - but I would like to use a mail app. Have tried the Mail and it won't delete mails from the server.

Tried Outlook Mail but it can't find the webmail - even though mail2web can!!

Any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks.

Fintan.

Advertisement