Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usage caps and games consoles

2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

dub45 wrote: »
    Do you mean a league table of dishonesty? And are the "uninitiated" those who are unaware that companies lie when they sell "unlimited" products.

No one asks any company to sell an "unlimited" product - they choose to do that themselves. If their networks cannot support such products then they simply should not sell them.

The fact that several companies choose to lie to their customers in no way justifies another company doing it and it is quite incredible to read people posting on here using that as a justification for UPC (and others) lying and deceiving potential and actual customers.

Once again if a company advertises an "unlimited" product and it has a cap (no matter what language is used to dress up that cap) that is a lie and people are being deliberatlely deceived:mad:

Are you really including us here (literally never invoked our FUP)? I'm honestly just trying to be practical, lots of marketing nonsense is demystified on here so why not have something that sets out in a straightforward way what respective companies have behind their "unlimited" badges.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you really including us here (literally never invoked our FUP)? I'm honestly just trying to be practical, lots of marketing nonsense is demystified on here so why not have something that sets out in a straightforward way what respective companies have behind their "unlimited" badges.

You suggested a league table and that's what any league table would be a league table of dishonesty. What respective companies have behind their "unlimited" badges is lies and deceit pure and simple.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

dub45 wrote: »
    You suggested a league table and that's what any league table would be a league table of dishonesty. What respective companies have behind their "unlimited" badges is lies and deceit pure and simple.

Be that as it may it would still help people interperet the offers with a little more clarity.

In another sense it could even expose the nonsense use of the claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Be that as it may it would still help people interperet the offers with a little more clarity.

In another sense it could even expose the nonsense use of the claim.

I am on the south side so I would not use Magnet as it comes down an Eircom line.

UPC have been great for me and I know the Magnet fibre to house is also great.

A fair usage policy is fine but it is the ISPs that call it unlimited.

250GB is a hell of a lot of bandwidth but some of us can use this much in a legal way.

UPC and Magnet have opened up great choice to users and most of us understand the need for a profit.

A bit of honesty stop calling products unlimited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Businesses do this all the time. Read the small print blah blah. I understand the need to have a Fair Usage Policy in place but why not just say it as it is. I'm with UPC and they have always given me a good service. My real problem is if there ever is a problem and Im getting like a 1mb down and I ring them up to complain about how I should be getting 15mb. I constantly get "its only up to 15mb" thrown in my face and they expect me to be alright with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement