Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 6/10 panel....Default????? HELP

• 04-08-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking for some help to default a HKC 6 10 panel. I've tried powering down the panel and pulling the factory default link, but when I powered up the RKP displayed ENGINEER LOCKED. Tried to access remotely using lap top and HKC software, but that way is locked too. I know that you default Aritech 250 panel <snip>, so I'm sure that there's another way to default 6 10 with engineer lock without having to return the board to HKC factory. It's a rented house and the customer isn't willing to spend money on upgrading to 8/12 panel. Any hints or tips will be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused:

The best range of security products on the market are... 3 votes

Aritech
    0% 0 votes
    HKC
    66% 2 votes
    Europlex
    33% 1 vote
    Napco
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi ehealo,
    I've moved to Home Security Systems. You will get better help here. I have snipped some unsuitable information from your post which could potentially be used to disable an alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

ehealo wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm looking for some help to default a HKC 6 10 panel. I've tried powering down the panel and pulling the factory default link, but when I powered up the RKP displayed ENGINEER LOCKED. Tried to access remotely using lap top and HKC software, but that way is locked too. I know that you default Aritech 250 panel <snip>, so I'm sure that there's another way to default 6 10 with engineer lock without having to return the board to HKC factory. It's a rented house and the customer isn't willing to spend money on upgrading to 8/12 panel. Any hints or tips will be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused:

I am sure if you are a registered installer HKC will give you all the info you need ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

altor wrote: »
    I am sure if you are a registered installer HKC will give you all the info you need ;)
    Yes, we are registered company.

Yes, we are registered company.

HKC would be more than happy to assist you in this mater then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

altor wrote: »
    HKC would be more than happy to assist you in this mater then.
    Tried HKC, but no joy. They reckon that they wouldn't even bother defaulting a 610 panel because it's so old. I'm not gonna give up. I can default the memory chip of an aritech panel, and I reckon there must be a way to default 610 without sending it back.

Thanks for the message!

• Advertisement

Tried HKC, but no joy. They reckon that they wouldn't even bother defaulting a 610 panel because it's so old. I'm not gonna give up. I can default the memory chip of an aritech panel, and I reckon there must be a way to default 610 without sending it back.

Thanks for the message!

I will send you a pm with how to default it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tried HKC, but no joy. They reckon that they wouldn't even bother defaulting a 610 panel because it's so old.
    Are you serious?
    Were you onto tech support? I'd be getting onto a rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds familiar, I reported a serious bug to them, twice, and got no reply.
    Result is I don't use their kit anymore

Very strange response from someone desperate to push their new panel. Would never happen with GE, Astec or Europlex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It wasn't always like that but they have let things slip lately

• Advertisement
Advertisement