Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for shelves

Options
  • 04-08-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm looking for a set of shelves, but quite a specific set, and one that I don't think Argos do. I need a set or two of adjustable slot shelves, these ones -
    system.gif
    I know of Not New Trading (I don't mind second hand, they're only shelves) and Kelly Office supplies is there, but it's after six, so I'll call down tomorrow, but anyone else know of places that sell these?

Cheers,
    WP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Woodies do them.

Or if it's a more industrial type try Store and Display in Roscrea; they deliver to Galway cheaply and will sell to the general public. They have a website but are very helpful over the phone also and the prices are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I was going to say Atlantic Homecare, but they're Woodies now, aren't they!

If you're going to use them to put some weight on then make sure you have them anchored to the wall correctly; we had that type of shelf in our shop when we opened first, and one day it all came tumbling down. It would have been an awful mess if 2 of us hadn't been standing in front of it at the time and managed to srop everything from hitting the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Anchored properly? I've not put any thought into it so far, but I presume everything that's needed for anchoring them to the wall would come in the kit?
    Or were yours just shoddily screwed in or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

You can get them in Brooks (Ballybrit) also. I found them to be the cheapest when I was searching for them. In relation to anchoring them, just make sure you ask for the correct size screws and matching raw-plugs. I'd say they are designed for use with block walls. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to hold much weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 galwaymanc

For second hand maybe try the cash factory in liosban industrial estate i think i saw some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

You can get them in Brooks (Ballybrit) also. I found them to be the cheapest when I was searching for them. In relation to anchoring them, just make sure you ask for the correct size screws and matching raw-plugs. I'd say they are designed for use with block walls. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to hold much weight.

I 2nd that, I purchased them in Brooks around 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I think I've seen them in B&Q as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

galah wrote: »
    I think I've seen them in B&Q as well.
    Keep away from B&Q, they were going to charge me the guts of €200 for three small shelves. I think they're still living in 2004.

Advertisement