Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v FC Rabotnicki Thur 7:45 [MATCH THREAD]

• 04-08-2010 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

So after last week's trip to Skopje the Euro adventure continues.

Just 17 more games to Landsdowne Road.

The 2-0 win last week means that things should be reasonably comfortable and Rabotnicki didn't look up to much.
    As such I'd expect this game to be about building match fitness/sharpness for the first teamers ahead of the Arsenal game.

On the back of Roy's comments today and who was in training, I'd expect a line-up similar to below.

Agger is LB as neither Aurelio or Insua are in the squad.
    Basically I've gone for experience on the pitch and youngsters on the subs bench, which is the approach I expect Roy to take.
    I'm assuming Cole will line out central which means Aquilani is on the bench.
    Fingers crossed for some relatively early subs - maybe one at half-time and I expect all three subs to be used.

Cavalieri
    --Johnson --Carragher--Kyrgiakos--Agger--
    Lucas----Steven Gerrard
    ---Maxi
    Cole
    Jovanovic--
    Dave

Subs: Gulácsi, Skrtel, Kelly, Spearing, Aquilani, Pacheco, Eccleston

Named on Squad list but not in match-day squad
    Hansen, Irwin, Robinson, Ayala, Wilson, Darby, Palsson, Degen, Ince, Shelvey, Amoo, Dalla Valle

Game on Setanta Ireland and ITV4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bobo the clown

Cole, Gerrard, Carragher, Johnson and Jovanovic all starting according to Hodgson and possibly Pacheco. If not he will come on as a sub early at least. Agger is injured so wont be playing. Put in wilson instead of agger and pacheco instead of Maxi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Agger is injured, doubt Maxi will start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

With Agger out, what about Johnson on the left and Kelly on the right?

Robinson played last night with the reserves so would be surprised to see him feature.

If Maxi doesnt start the options on the right arent all that great. I reckon he'll get a run there as we don't have that many with experience there for the Arsenal game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Slightly surpised the Spain/Dutch players are still not in the squad, I would have though Babel, Riera and Kuyt would be ready to go (albeit not needed), its asking a lot but I'd love to see Pacheco get a cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

The FB slots could be strange alright. Thinkd Aqualini and Cole will both start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cole, Gerrard, Carragher, Johnson and Jovanovic all starting according to Hodgson and possibly Pacheco. If not he will come on as a sub early at least. Agger is injured so wont be playing. Put in wilson instead of agger and pacheco instead of Maxi

Do you have a source for this, or is this just wishful thinking?? :D
    mike65 wrote: »
    Slightly surpised the Spain/Dutch players are still not in the squad, I would have though Babel, Riera and Kuyt would be ready to go (albeit not needed), its asking a lot but I'd love to see Pacheco get a cameo.

Was he not sold???? :eek:
    On the Pacheco thing again, what happens if he gets a run and shows that he is not up to it. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people on here(me being one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »

The Dutch and Spanish players only started their pre season training on Monday, so this game would be too soon for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ITV 4 10.758 V 22000 5/6 on sky

Do you have a source for this, or is this just wishful thinking?? :D

From the official site. Positive that he mentioned Pacheco anyway.
    Cole to make Anfield bow
    4th Aug 2010 - Latest News

Roy Hodgson has revealed that Joe Cole will make his Anfield debut in Thursday night's Europa League third round qualifier second leg with FK Rabotnicki.

This will also be Liverpool's No.10 first competitive start for the club and he will be joined in the starting line-up by captain Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Glen Johnson and another home debutant Milan Jovanovic.

Spanish starlet Daniel Pacheco is also in the squad after helping Spain U19s reach the final of the European Championships last week.

"We can play a stronger team this team and Cole, Gerrard, Carragher, Johnson and Jovanovic will all start the game," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.
    "A week ago they were definitely not fit and couldn't play but now they are ready.

"We have a lot of players like Cole and Jovanovic who are anxious to show the fans what they are made of and it's a great opportunity for them.

"We also have Pacheco back after a very successful tournament with Spain and he is desperate to show us what a good player he is.

"Agger is injured so won't take part and the other World Cup players who are have only just returned to training won't play."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/cole-to-make-anfield-bow

An ITK on RAWK who has had the team early a fair few times before says this is the lineup - PACHECO STARTS :D AS DOES KELLY :D

He didnt give the formation but if I had to guess I'd go with

Cavalieri
    --Kelly--Carra--Skrtel--Johnson--
    Lucas----Gerrard
    --Pacheco--Cole---Jovanovic----
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lads we really should be thumping these 6 or 7 nil with an expected strong line up at home tonight. Hopefully JC and Jova will get off the mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

An ITK on RAWK who has had the team early a fair few times before says this is the lineup - PACHECO STARTS :D AS DOES KELLY :D

He didnt give the formation but if I had to guess I'd go with

Cavalieri
    --Kelly--Carra--Skrtel--Johnson--
    Lucas----Gerrard
    --Pacheco--Cole---Jovanovic----
    Dave

Have to say I'm a big fan of Kelly, and I think Kelly at RB and Johnson at LB could work very well.

Five attacking players!! I thought Roy was conservative. Lucas better work his butt off.

Great to see Pacheco get a start - if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Great news if that is the starting line up. I expected Roy to show some love early to reassure the kid his future is with Liverpool. Still surprised at a starting line up place.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Pacheco = Epic win if he starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Another brace for Ngog and i'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    A brace for Pacheco and we'll all be happy.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

line-up for tonight: Cavalieri, Johnson,Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Cole, Lucas, Gerrard, Jovanovic, Pacheco, Ngog.

Delighted to see that Pacheco is getting his chance

Pacheco and Cole starting :)

Looking forward to seeing this.

Strong team out for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Where will pacheco play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

This on the TV?

• Advertisement

Would imagine behind Dave. With Cole and Jov taking the wider slots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Mister men wrote: »
    This on the TV?

Yeah ITV4 and Selatanta :)

This on the TV?

Setanta Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

Meant to be on ITV4, says not available in republic of Ireland though on ntl! Scrap that...coverage started.

This on the TV?

It is on Setanta Ireland

So

Lucas gerrard
    cole pacheco jova
    dave?

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would imagine behind Dave. With Cole and Jov taking the wider slots.

I'd say wide left or right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Finical wrote: »
    Pacheco = Epic win if he starts.

Big week for the kid if he starts .
    It's all about 1st impressions .

I'd say wide left or right.

It is possible that you are right, but would seem a bit of a waste when he and N'Gog have linked up well in the reserves with one upfront and the other playing behind him.

Then again the opponents tonight are pretty poor, so he could probably get by on the wing even with Kelly behind him.

• Advertisement

Pacheco wide right and Cole behind Dave maybe?

Kess73 wrote: »
    It is possible that you are right, but would seem a bit of a waste when he and N'Gog have linked up well in the reserves with one upfront and the other playing behind him.

Then again the opponents tonight are pretty poor, so he could probably get by on the wing even with Kelly behind him.

I'd imagine Joe would be a better bet behind N'Gog. Pacheco seemed to play wide Left for Spain Under-19's. Obviously with freedom to come inside.

Can't wait to hear ynwa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is this on anywhere other than Setanta?

ITV4 which is on UPC (and Sky via the "other channels" I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

lols, i dont know what happened there on itv4 but coverage just cut out, maybe it was the depressing background music in the ground that made them do it :D

• Advertisement

Still frozen? ffs I want to see Dani boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

It's showing it live on lfc tv aswell. That's a shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Pacheco on... delighted

cavalieri johnson skertel kelly carragher jovanovic (left) cole (right) gerrard lucas. Pacheco and Ngog up front

Just on Sky News

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Last season Pat Dolan loved Rafa, now he doesn't. Quelle surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Where's Kuyt? I'm sure the team is up already but why would you play N'Gog and leave Aquilani on the bench? Surely you would push up Jovanovic and move Cole out wide?

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Where's Kuyt? I'm sure the team is up already but why would you play N'Gog and leave Aquilani on the bench? Surely you would push up Jovanovic and move Cole out wide?

Dutch and Spanish players only started back training on Monday. Too soon.

Dave scored 2 against this lot last week whereas Aquilani had a fairly quiet game.

Kelly at LB - hmm

Pacheco on the right apparently.

Pacheco on the right apparently.

yeah sky lineup all wrong cole behind ngog jova left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Thank fook we have a good commentator on Setanta tonight .

101001 wrote: »
    yeah sky lineup all wrong cole behind ngog jova left

Shocked I am shocked :eek:

Dave looking lively

DAAAAAAAVVVVEEEEEEE NO

DAVE :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I won't put up a facepalm he did it himself.:D

Ah Dave, ffs.