Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v FC Rabotnicki Thur 7:45 [MATCH THREAD]

Comments

Jova working very well on left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Latest twitter from Babel : "Feck it anyway. Whats Birmingham like?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

beautiful ball by cole. Pacheco is looking a lil.... no, no... its too early to judge

• Subscribers Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mixednuts wrote: »
    Thank fook we have a good commentator on Setanta tonight .

lfc TV with aldridge is decent enough..

cracker!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I'm well impressed ... Great shape , great movement , great attacking formations .

Kelly is the business

DAVE

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fair play to the lad, you can see his confidence is growing. I like the way he showed his embarrassment earlier, he is not holding anything in and thats good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Nice cross from Cole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Well done dave. Took that well

Thats a quality finish as he had to lean back for it, did well to direct it and keep it down.

Cole has slotted into this team/formation real impressively , looks the part.

I'ts great to see a proper footballer in Cole at Anfield. Very clever player.

Edit Great goal Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This has been a good showing so far, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

hopefully pacheo can get more involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Jovanovic and Cole have looked very impressive so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Joe Cole is easily the standout so far.

Pacheco's looks pretty comfortable too.

Carragher's done well when he's had to also.

Lucas and Gerrard are strolling around, they don't really seem to care how much room they give Rabotnicki when they have the ball.

surprisingly enjoyable so far though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Is jovanovic playing on the right?

jebidiah wrote: »

started on left and swopped with pacheo about 5 mins ago..

jebidiah wrote: »

Started on the left and switched over to the right.

• Advertisement

Great touch by Dave there initally.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Pacheco's looks pretty comfortable too.

He's starting to look more comfortable alright... he was a little nervy first 15

Edit: When he was moved over he's been a lot more composed

2-0 Pen for Stevie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Clear enough peno imo on first viewing.

ENjoyable game so far and a lot of positives to take despite the poor opposition

well won Dave.

easy finish from the spot.

let's rack up a bit of a score for the craic lads.

no dave no

Great passing move there

f*ck sake Dave; i know it's Gerrard, and he'd have probably given you a bollicking, but shoot from there next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Cole is really a class act. Can't remember being this excited about a signing for a long time.

N'gog really hit and miss today. I think his left foot must be very weak, I've never seen him use it and both mistakes he's made tonight have been as a result of a reluctance to strike the ball with his left. Something he needs to work on perhaps

Morzadec wrote: »
    Cole is really a class act. Can't remember being this excited about a signing for a long time.

N'gog really hit and miss today. I think his left foot must be very weak, I've never seen him use it and both mistakes he's made tonight have been as a result of a reluctance to strike the ball with his left. Something he needs to work on perhaps

Nah hes pretty decent with his left usually - pretty sure he has scored with it for the reserves.

Rabotnicki are pants.

Fair play to Cav for not falling asleep and covering Glen there.

• Advertisement

Very good half there for Liverpool. Jovanovic and Cole have been super.
    I would like to see Pacheco getting into it more.

Anyone think Roy will start making substitutions? Probably a bit early to be resting players but you dont want players getting injured either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cushty

ed_imgsnn2423j_265_35577a.jpg

Joe Cole already looks like he's been at the club for years, some lovely smooth possession football. Okay its against a bunch of nobodies but they are reading each other very well and getting better as the half unfolded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Can't understand why Pool are trying to buy Brad Jones.. definitely enough quantity wise and Cavalieri looks like good back up from the little I've seen of him

Fair play to Cav for not falling asleep and covering Glen there.

i've defended Glen before for his defensive positioning, but he really needs to get his act together.

that kind of sh*t happened during the WC; he needs to keep on eye on his right hand side and not automatically tuck in so quickly to his CB when the opposition is coming at our defence.

Cole playing great stuff.

If he stays fit he will be massive for us.

We havent had a footballer like him since Alonso left.

His vision and Torres's finishing.....drool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Poor oppo, but we're looking very good indeed.

The movement is sublime, so much fluidity. A world way from some of the rigid games last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Dave's inexperience showing tonight but he seems like a pretty confident lad so hopefully he'll cop himself on... that first chance he had though, i think he seen Nando do it that too many times.

Pacheco's inexperience is also showing a little but he certainly doesn't look out of his depth.

Gerrard's running the show and Cole is looking magic.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've defended Glen before for his defensive positioning, but he really needs to get his act together.

that kind of sh*t happened during the WC; he needs to keep on eye on his right hand side and not automatically tuck in so quickly to his CB when the opposition is coming at our defence.

Was a bit sloppy all right - reckon Glen was already in the dressing room for half-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

One thing i noticed in that half was roy grinding sammy's ear about lucas not delivering the ball quick enough when there was a great chance to get cole in on the right. Hopefully its an indication that roy will increase the tempo in this team as opposed to the siesta style build up we are used to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gerrard's running the show and Cole is looking magic.

Thought he looked a bit ring rusty early on but I'll let him off, also he is NOT TAKING CORNERS w00t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Was a bit sloppy all right - reckon Glen was already in the dressing room for half-time.

Would be class to see Roy on the sideline how to defend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Is it just me or is Dani free a lot of the time but doesn't receive the ball. It shows his intelligence really picking up great positions. Hope he stays on for the 2nd half.

daithijjj wrote: »
    One thing i noticed in that half was roy grinding sammy's ear about lucas not delivering the ball quick enough when there was a great chance to get cole in on the right. Hopefully its an indication that roy will increase the tempo in this team as opposed to the siesta style build up we are used to.

Yea but Cole is now doing everything we ever wanted Lucas to do .Ironic !

mike65 wrote: »
    Thought he looked a bit ring rusty early on but I'll let him off, also he is NOT TAKING CORNERS w00t!

He took a few late on. I think its something we need to work on big time. The corners have been very poor for as long as i can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I think Roy went back in time 2 years and swapped gerrards. Lucas has been good tackling but slow in possession. some nice touches from cole, jova and dani. throw on aqua in a few and we'll tear them a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Passing and moving the ball really well but have to put in perspective they are playing a pub league team

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pity we can't play this lot every week. They are muck bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Is it just me but does Jovanovic get lucky often with the ball bouncing of defenders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Gerty wrote: »
    Is it just me but does Jovanovic get lucky often with the ball bouncing of defenders?

That's not luck, he does loads of research on the angles of defenders shins, undefendable. :D

Gerty wrote: »

What a lucky player at the Pool ??? ...Never !

• Advertisement
Advertisement