Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v FC Rabotnicki Thur 7:45 [MATCH THREAD]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

why didn't aquilani start?

doc_17 wrote: »

He wasn't picked :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

doc_17 wrote: »

cause he doesnt play left back

edit: Damn beaten to the facetious answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Real pre-season friendly tempo to this now.

Great chance for Cole there, perfectly weighted pass by Maxi.

Dave could be on five tonight :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cole really is a 'proper' footballer.

he looks a cut above the rest of our players with the ball at his feet. love it.

good to see Woy enjoying himself too.

:)

Ngog has a lot to learn yet.

He could and should have had 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

In Ngogs defence he does continually get into good positions. That kind of instinct you cant really teach to a young player whereas you can work on finishing

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He could and should have had 4

Ironically the one he scored was probably the hardest chance

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Cole really is a 'proper' footballer.

he looks a cut above the rest of our players with the ball at his feet. love it.

:)

Agree 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Here's the man we've all been waiting to see... Jay Spearing

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    In Ngogs defence he does continually get into good positions. That kind of instinct you cant really teach to a young player whereas you can work on finishing

so very true.

in the infamous Birmingham game last season, the one where everyone was so confused at Torres coming off, N'Gog got in at least 3 brilliant positions. he actually changed the game for us in a lot of ways.

but he missed them all.

he has the knack, but he needs to develop his finishing. his goal was a nice one to be fair, but he needs to get consistent. it should come, he's young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

101001 wrote: »
    Ironically the one he scored was probably the hardest chance

Eveything seems to be in 2 static moves with him (control , shoot) where Nando can make both movements look seamless .
    Ngog has allooooot to learn .

mixednuts wrote: »
    Eveything seems to be in 2 static moves with him (control , shoot) where Nando can make both movements look seamless .
    Ngog has allooooot to learn .

Agree... I like him a lot for some reason. Never have i wanted a man to score so much. Not since my mate Mick lost his virginity in his late 20's.

101001 wrote: »
    Agree... I like him a lot for some reason. Never have i wanted a man to score so much. Not since my mate Mick lost his virginity in his late 20's.

Tell Mick Well done ;)

these guys are sh*t.

you know how i know?

Spearing has looked like a genius since he's come on.

Rabotnicki's one fan :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

So what about this Cole lad eh?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

these guys are sh*t.

you know how i know?

Spearing has looked like a genius since he's come on.

AND they are making you look like a genius too:D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

it should come, he's young.

This could be his downfall

Will he be given the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Although this is almost a training game, I'm liking what I'm seeing. Nice passiing and movement and the players seemed to be invigorated.

Hopefully a sign of good things to come in real games. Looks like Rafa's cautious defensive approach is no more!

In Pacheco's 8 sub appearances prior to tonight he had played a total of 73 minutes.

murpho999 wrote: »

Hopefully a sign of good things to come in real games. Looks like Rafa's cautious defensive approach is no more!

See there's my concerns , not that I was a fan of the defensive approach , but with no holding midfielder on the right I'm afraid that Johnson will be caught blowing Zzzzzz on the right by tucking inside .
    It's something he will have to get out of his game , as someone mentioned earlier he wad caught a couple of times in the WC.

what a challenge by Kelly.

brilliant.

ha, how lazy are we getting?!

...at both ends of the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Although this is almost a training game, I'm liking what I'm seeing. Nice passiing and movement and the players seemed to be invigorated.

Right, because Rafa would have parked the bus against these guys.

Kelly is made of WIN

Roys gonna go ballistic .

Kelly has been superb, Pacheco has been pretty poor unfortunately, Dave needs to wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

N'gog missed more chances that he's had hot dinners tonight :o

• Advertisement

ah... kinda wanted one of the macedonians to score at the end there... wouldve made their life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kelly has been superb, Pacheco has been pretty poor unfortunately, Dave needs to wake up.

Wouldn't agree with that assessment. Thought both were quite good. Always looking for the ball, working hard, some good passing and movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

job done:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Great performance from Kelly and he really grew in confidence as the match went on.

Bad thing is the same problems persist from last season in that when Torres isn't playing we have no one finishing off things. We should have beat that side 6-0 tonight!

Opr

Wouldn't agree with that assessment. Thought both were quite good. Always looking for the ball, working hard, some good passing and movement.

I thought Pacheco's touch and end product let him down tonight but he did work hard and get space for himself to be fair, i just thought he do a bit better.

Dave got into some great positions and was dangerous throughout, he played well, but he needs to get his act together in front of goal.

On itv did joe cole nearly make a tongue slip. "new change in....."

opr wrote: »
    Great performance from Kelly and he really grew in confidence as the match went on.

Bad thing is the same problems persist from last season in that when Torres isn't playing we have no one finishing off things. We should have beat that side 6-0 tonight!

Opr

We really need another decent striker, hopefully Roy has one lined up seen as though he might have a decent few quid left after the Masch sale, wishful thinking though.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pacheco is the type of lad that gets better the more he plays. He was just too eager to make an impression tonight imo. He certainly has a lot going for him, he is fast has a great engine, good ball control. I think he has a very big future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

lol you can tell that by watching liverpool playing against a bunch of guys playing at about non-league level

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What?

Underpants, its the underpants that makes the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

We really need another decent striker, hopefully Roy has one lined up seen as though he might have a decent few quid left after the Masch sale, wishful thinking though.

what decent striker is going to be happy to sit on the bench for most of the season, crouch, bellamy and keane sure as hell were not, we know woy is only going to play one up front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Dave got into some great positions and was dangerous throughout, he played well, but he needs to get his act together in front of goal.

Absolutely. When this happens we will have a fine striker on our hands.

What?

Sounded like he was going to say owners but stopped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

im pleased. a lot of promise there

rossie1977 wrote: »
    what decent striker is going to be happy to sit on the bench for most of the season, crouch, bellamy and keane sure as hell were not, we know woy is only going to play one up front

Fair shout it's just that I just can't see Nando staying fit for the majority of the season(pessimistic i know) and I don't think Dave is there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Martin Kelly deserves a mention, playing on the wrong flank and yet getting forwards like Ashley Cole. I like the cut of Jovanovics jib, unafraid to put his body in the mix and pressure the defender I'm not sure why we aren't talking about him in terms of cover for Torres as he clearly knows where the goal is. Aquilani looked quite good in his cameo, nothing fancy but the passing was smart and he didn't pull up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

We could easily change formation aswell with two strikers, Joe behind them. I can't think of a decent striker we could get mind. Like Mike said we have Jova and Kuyt too for cover.

What?
    Sounded like he was about to say a change in owners but stopped just short.

• Advertisement

Very happy with that performance.

New signings look quality.

Well done Roy.

Advertisement