Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish slating and catholic slating etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

caseyann wrote: »
    I dont know him so how can i say if i liked him or not :) If you liked him thats good so why did you say you hated them in first place :confused:
    Just contributing to this nonsense thread. Is this not TCN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

No but do continue. It's certainly helping me to finalise my opinion.
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    Just contributing to this nonsense thread. Is this not TCN?

Point made

If someone wants to explain to me the question i asked from first post can they reply thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

If someone wants to explain to me the question i asked from first post can they reply thanks.

Explain your question, to you ?

trout wrote: »
    Explain your question, to you ?

No explain how it is allowed for Irish to be slated and tarred with same brush and someone opens an obvious joke thread in counter to that and get banned? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

If this thread is really about your recent AH ban, there is a process to follow ... linked here ... I think you know this already.

If this thread is really about a problem with "Irish slating and Catholic slating" ... I don't really have a strong opinion on that ... I'm not aware of it being a big problem ... but I'm willing to listen to any reasonable arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You know how if you say your brother or sister is a weirdo, they just raise their eyes and say something rude back. But if somebody outside the family says your brother is a weirdo, you would be very offended on his behalf. Its a bit like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I am seeing a very anti Irish sentiment on this site.Its an absolute disgrace.

Your opinion and you're entitled to it. It's a sign of the times, even old people are realising how rotten to the core Ireland really is, you know, torn between a world wide paedophilia gang and government corruption and the sell off of our culture by our leaders for a multicultural society to having armed police on patrol.

And as everyone it out of work, too much time on many people's hands.

trout wrote: »
    If this thread is really about your recent AH ban, there is a process to follow ... linked here ... I think you know this already.

If this thread is really about a problem with "Irish slating and Catholic slating" ... I don't really have a strong opinion on that ... I'm not aware of it being a big problem ... but I'm willing to listen to any reasonable arguments.[/QUOTE

I am in middle of the first,it was just an example to the thread.

The argument is as i said.I see it as slating and insulting a whole country in the mannerism they do on AH.If you do it about another nationality you are immediately attacked or considered a racist.It offends my family my friends and the Irish people as a whole.Also people who believe in god the condescending comments and insulting posts that have been made about peoples faith.
    Then you have people who are not Irish also get in on the slagging of Irish and majority is about Irish women.What does that make them but they arent called on it because they say dont get me wrong i like Irish but and start to slate.

gbee wrote: »
    Your opinion and you're entitled to it. It's a sign of the times, even old people are realising how rotten to the core Ireland really is, you know torn between a world wide paedophilia gang and government corruption and the sell off of our culture by our leaders for a multicultural society to having armed police on patrol.

And as everyone it out of work, too much time on many people's hands.

It doesnt much matter what Ireland is or what bad points it has or the catholic church.Who is anyone to be slagging it off and then when someone brings forward comments about another nationality.Its considered wrong.
    Like for like? You can slag government thats not a direct slating Irish thing.
    The multicultural thing is not a sell off been honest,for me its ok.Other wise i wouldnt have the man i do :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

i dont have anything against Africans at all.I have great neighbors who are African and my best friend last 20 years is African from cape town.

My cousin's in a bubble.
    My friend Jeffrey's uh, sister, also ... you know ...bubble.
    I got a lot of bubble experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

. i dont have anything against Africans at all.I have great neighbors who are African and my best friend last 20 years is African from cape town.It is a ridiculous notion that if you cant call people out on their faults and attitudes that you have a problem with them
    "Loads of my friends are black/Muslim/Polish" is the new "I'm not a racist but..."
    .But yet its not allowed but anything goes about Irish.
    I'm not a fan of self-deprecating Irish threads either, but they are in a totally different context to the sort you made earlier and you have a long way to come if you don't realise that.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    "Loads of my friends are black/Muslim/Polish" is the new "I'm not a racist but..."
    I'm not a fan of self-deprecating Irish threads either, but they are in a totally different context to the sort you made earlier and you have a long way to come if you don't realise that.

How is it anyway different? Mine was a joke and those threads are direct insult.

How is it anyway different? Mine was a joke and those threads are direct insult.
    Which of these two would you consider more offensive: A thread on an English forum entitled "What I hate about the Irish," or a thread on an Irish forum entitled "What I hate about the Irish?"

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Which of these two would you consider more offensive: A thread on an English forum entitled "What I hate about the Irish," or a thread on an Irish forum entitled "What I hate about the Irish?"

Both same.
    And you didnt get to the point about other nationalities slating Irish women people,and they use the i like Irish people but. they dont get reprimanded for their generalizations do they?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Funny i dont see that at all.
    We all see what we want to see and disregard the rest*. Some more than others.
    Barr perhaps Muslims and thats very slight.
    Eh really? So a thread that suggests the most revered person in their faith may be a kiddie fiddler is slight to you?** Eh no. The religious in general get a fair old pounding once in a while.

* is that a song lyric? I'm thinking simon and garfunkel.
    **The Muslim Boardsies have now all gone WTF? wibbs is pointing this out, while they look up the word for fcuking irony in Arabic. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Wibbs wrote: »
    The religious in general get a fair old pounding once in a while.

Like my missus.

Caseyann. You havnt endeared yourself to moderators over the last few weeks.

To use a phrase DeVore said to me once a few years back..

"Try to be less omnipresent"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Very similar! The Boxer -

"All lies and jests
    Still a man hears what he wants to hear
    And disregards the rest"

:)

We all see what we want to see and disregard the rest*. Some more than others. Eh really? So a thread that suggests the most revered person in their faith may be a kiddie fiddler is slight to you?** Eh no. The religious in general get a fair old pounding once in a while.

**The Muslim Boardsies have now all gone WTF? wibbs is pointing this out, while they look up the word for fcuking irony in Arabic. :D

If you see i referred to that thread in one of my posts.All religions in Ireland Irish Muslim also its insulting to,I find they dont get in on them threads so fast the ones who will get in on the catholic threads,and then go over to the Muslim thread and defend it.

I dont disregard any insult to any nationality but the whole jumping on a person for making a few comments and generalizations and make assumptions and ban them when all done in a joke aswell(When it is obvious a thread wouldnt be made like that except in jest because one would know if serious you would get banned) .But slating Irish and personal insults go ignored and allowed?

Both same.
    And you didnt get to the point about other nationalities slating Irish women people,and they use the i like Irish people but. they dont get reprimanded for their generalizations do they?
    You think they're the same despite the different context? Pace out, there's not going to be any reconciliation of views here, methinks.

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Like my missus.

Caseyann. You havnt endeared yourself to moderators over the last few weeks.

To use a phrase DeVore said to me once a few years back..

"Try to be less omnipresent"

I get on great with most moderators here and they know my character is in no way malicious neither is my attitude and i have put up with some amount of crap from posters in AH without rising to it.

I get on great with most moderators here and they know my character is in no way malicious neither is my attitude and i have put up with some amount of crap from posters in AH without rising to it.

Hence you must me omnipresent.

Im here along time, i cant say i have even ever heard of most of the moserators on this site, let alone get to know them and have the time to develop a relationship that would be described as great.

Perhaps im anti social.

The internet is a cruel place Caseyann, this site is rather good at making sure that members time spent is a positive expierence, however sometimes you have to look within if there seems to be a pattern forming.

snyper wrote: »
    Hence you must me omnipresent.

Im here along time, i cant say i have even ever heard of most of the moserators on this site, let alone get to know them and have the time to develop a relationship that would be described as great.

Perhaps im anti social.

The internet is a cruel place Caseyann, this site is rather good at making sure that members time spent is a positive expierence, however sometimes you have to look within if there seems to be a pattern forming.

Sorry i mean the ones who i have talked with,ofc not the whole sites mods,that is a bit impossible :D

According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.
    Quote:
    An ethnic group is a group of humans whose members identify with each other, through a common heritage that is real or assumed. This shared heritage may be based upon putative common ancestry, history, kinship, religion, language, shared territory, nationality or physical appearance. Members of an ethnic group are conscious of belonging to an ethnic group; moreover ethnic identity is further marked by the recognition from others of a group's distinctiveness

I would say calling Irish lazy and ugly etc..... is in breach of this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Irish are neither a distinct ethnic nor racial group...

The Irish are neither a distinct ethnic nor racial group...

http://www.abcgenealogy.com/Ethnic/Irish/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Caseyann, it is well known by now that you are A) A professional troll and/or B) completely racist.

You got banned from AH for racism, get over it!

Oh, and stop trying to defend your racist comments by saying "But all the others are doing it"

Is that your rebuttle?

ABCGENEALOGY?

Caseyann we were probably looking for something from the UN website or the likes rather than Seasame Street

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Caseyann, it is well known by now that you are A) A professional troll and/or B) completely racist.

You got banned from AH for racism, get over it!

Oh, and stop trying to defend your racist comments by saying "But all the others are doing it"

Who are you to make any assumption neither if the above.

No its not it was a flipping joke and some of it is true in joking manner.If you have no sense of humour not my problem.
    I am not a ****ing racist mind your own bloody business;)
    You get over it coming in here and trying to be superior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Who are you to make any assumption neither if the above.

No its not it was a flipping joke and some of it is true in joking manner.If you have no sense of humour not my problem.
    I am not a ****ing racist mind your own bloody business;)
    You get over it coming in here and trying to be superior

I'm sorry, but are you 12?

I don't assume anything, i have read many of your nonsense threads and posts, you constantly aim to wind people up in a way which has to be intentional.

Oh, and mind my own business?..... On Boards? Seriously?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement