Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish slating and catholic slating etc...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but are you 12?

I don't assume anything, i have read many of your nonsense threads and posts, you constantly aim to wind people up in a way which has to be intentional.

Oh, and mind my own business?..... On Boards? Seriously?

I didnt open this thread for you to throw your obvious attempts at insults and to call me a racist
    I do it to wind people up? what threads have i opened to wind people up?
    It would seem i have a temper when i dont take kindly to be been called a racist and for my character been slandered .
    That is not what thread is about and your personal opinion of me means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

caseyann wrote: »
    I didnt open this thread for you to throw your obvious attempts at insults and to call me a racist
    I do it to wind people up? what threads have i opened to wind people up?
    It would seem i have a temper when i dont take kindly to be been called a racist and for my character been slandered .
    That is not what thread is about and our personal opinion of me means nothing.

Ok, i will give you an instance.

You opened a thread, you said on numerous occasions that a cure for AIDS had been found. You had links to a story.

When at least 12 other Boardsies told you that your link contained no such claim, you continuously said that they HAD a cure.

Then, about 200 replies in, you said "I never said there was a cure"

Sounds like Trolling to me. But i'm just giving feedback here.

I'm probably gonna get lashed by a Mod for all this, but i'm not saying anyhting that isn't true!

Ok, i will give you an instance.

You opened a thread, you said on numerous occasions that a cure for AIDS had been found. You had links to a story.

When at least 12 other Boardsies told you that your link contained no such claim, you continuously said that they HAD a cure.

Then, about 200 replies in, you said "I never said there was a cure"

Sounds like Trolling to me. But i'm just giving feedback here.

I'm probably gonna get lashed by a Mod for all this, but i'm not saying anyhting that isn't true!

I cant read them,and i genuinely questioned that and i asked is it possible etc...

snyper wrote: »
    Is that your rebuttle?

ABCGENEALOGY?

Caseyann we were probably looking for something from the UN website or the likes rather than Seasame Street

he Irish people (Irish: Muintir na hÉireann, na hÉireannaigh, na Gaedhil) are an ethnic group who originate in Ireland, an island in northwestern Europe. Ireland has been populated for around 9,000 years (according to archaeological studies, see Prehistoric Ireland), with the Irish people's earliest ancestors recorded[8] have legends of being descended from groups such as the Nemedians, Fomorians, Fir Bolgs, Tuatha Dé Danann and the Milesians the last group supposedly representing the "pure" Gaelic ancestry, and still serving as a term for the Irish race today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people

Ethnic Groups And Discrimination: Irish Americans
    The Irish population was among the lowest rung on the socio-economic ladder. Promises of a better life in the United States were thwarted by prejudice, racism, segregation and many other forms of discrimination.
    Prejudice, Racism and Segregation
    http://www.oppapers.com/essays/Ethnic-Groups-Discrimination-Irish-Americans/135668

Despite having white skin and being English speaking, the Irish were looked at as an inferior race. Samuel Morse wrote, "the Irish were shamefully illiterate and without opinion of their own.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=TXP78beGTpcC&pg=PA10&lpg=PA10&dq=recognizing+irish+as+an+ethnic+group&source=bl&ots=GlIhVVgNoX&sig=RvD991vHzySWgLS7C99o08ejtic&hl=en&ei=lfBZTJf8GZn00gTw8ZzgCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

So let me get this straight, you think because i am allowed be self-deprecating, you should allowed be racist?

Is this your point?

• Advertisement

So let me get this straight, you think because i am allowed be self-deprecating, you should allowed be racist?

Is this your point?

It has nothing to do with the Thread i opened on AH

I was messing it was a joke thread.for the hundredth time.

If you have nothing to add to the thread to say what is done about Irish.You can self deprave yourself all you wish.But they arent are they,neither are you.Yous are speaking about a whole country in your comments.

I am not a racist get a life.

It has nothing to do with the Thread i opened on AH

I was messing it was a joke thread.for the hundredth time.

If you have nothing to add to the thread to say what is done about Irish.You can self deprave yourself all you wish.But they arent are they,neither are you.Yous are speaking about a whole country in your comments.

I am not a racist get a life.

Well, i am posting in relation this THIS thread. Have you read the OP? You write it didn't you?
    I am just wondering why there hasn't been a ban on slagging off Irish and the majority of this countries faith? But it is all out attack on people for calling out other nationalities on their faults and other religions?
    I am seeing a very anti Irish sentiment on this site.Its an absolute disgrace.

You see a hypocrisy here correct? Are you suggesting slagging ourselves as irish should be banned? Or racism, like your thread, should be allowed?

Well, i am posting in relation this THIS thread. Have you read the OP? You write it didn't you?

You see a hypocrisy here correct? Are you suggesting slagging ourselves as irish should be banned? Or racism, like your thread, should be allowed?

You did not you posted and called me names.

You assumed i made the thread out of racial discrimination seen as Africans are of every affiliation and race and i didnt point at a colour and i also said other nationalities it was a joke thread.You have a problem.
    No you can slag yourself off you just better refer to it as your own fault,if you dont have such a fault then who are you to make that judgement or your family members faults because they most certainly dont include me or my family or Irish in that sentence.And i find that insulting and there fore in breach as you are insulting peoples families friends etc.. and country and lives and culture also language and religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Caseyann, I've tried to defend you on several occasions.
    However, you keep ****ing up.
    Bye now.

Terry wrote: »
    Caseyann, I've tried to defend you on several occasions.
    However, you keep ****ing up.
    Bye now.

I appreciate that Terry,no trying to make a mockery of you sorry if you feel i ****ed up.

• Advertisement

You did not you posted and called me names.

You assumed i made the thread out of racial discrimination seen as Africans are of every affiliation and race and i didnt point at a colour and i also said other nationalities it was a joke thread.You have a problem.

So you now claim. However, on the evidence of your posting history, i find it hard to believe you.

No you can slag yourself off you just better refer to it as your own fault,if you dont have such a fault then who are you to make that judgement or your family members faults because they most certainly dont include me or my family or Irish in that sentence.And i find that insulting and there fore in breach as you are insulting peoples families friends etc.. and country and lives and culture also language and religion.[/QUOTE]

So you want a ban on us Irish slagging off us irish? Am i right?

So you now claim. However, on the evidence of your posting history, i find it hard to believe you.

No you can slag yourself off you just better refer to it as your own fault,if you dont have such a fault then who are you to make that judgement or your family members faults because they most certainly dont include me or my family or Irish in that sentence.And i find that insulting and there fore in breach as you are insulting peoples families friends etc.. and country and lives and culture also language and religion.

So you want a ban on us Irish slagging off us irish? Am i right?[/QUOTE]

My history,i say things people drag it out of context and twisted it to their own agendas to make it look racist or bigoted or what ever.
    You can find it hard to believe all you wish.just because you dont get my way of speaking doest mean i am racist.

Yes it should as other nationalities think they can post then and slate Irish and thats bigoted racist.And its offensive so should be banned.And religion slating also.

So you want a ban on us Irish slagging off us irish? Am i right?

My history,i say things people drag it out of context and twisted it to their own agendas to make it look racist or bigoted or what ever.
    You can find it hard to believe all you wish.just because you dont get my way of speaking doest mean i am racist.

Yes it should as other nationalities think they can post then and slate Irish and thats bigoted racist.And its offensive so should be banned.And religion slating also.[/QUOTE]

What consists "slagging" to you?

There's a hell of a difference between discussion and slagging.

You realise this is a discussion forum right?
    there's a huge difference between me giving my opposing view on Christianity in the A&A forum, and you saying
    And they are all so ugly,i have only ever seen two Africans who are good looking

That's racism i'm afraid!

Yes it should as other nationalities think they can post then and slate Irish and thats bigoted racist.And its offensive so should be banned.And religion slating also.

What consists "slagging" to you?

There's a hell of a difference between discussion and slagging.

You realise this is a discussion forum right?
    there's a huge difference between me giving my opposing view on Christianity in the A&A forum, and you saying

That's racism i'm afraid![/QUOTE]

So is Irish women are fat and ugly with an bad attitude and rude and Irish are ugly and lazy rude.
    What i said was tongue and cheek,yous do it over and over and over again.Just because you are Irish doesnt make it acceptable.;)
    And if the thread had of gone on i would have said that ;)

Yeah i dont see much discussion when it comes down to Irish people or culture or language etc.. its an out and out bash fest.Again just because you were born here doesnt make it acceptable either.

So is Irish women are fat and ugly with an bad attitude and rude and Irish are ugly and lazy rude.
    What i said was tongue and cheek,yous do it over and over and over again.Just because you are Irish doesnt make it acceptable.;)
    And if the thread had of gone on i would have said that ;)

Yeah i dont see much discussion when it comes down to Irish people or culture or language etc.. its an out and out bash fest.Again just because you were born here doesnt make it acceptable either.

I never said Irish women were all fat and ugly. Nor have i ever said Irish people are lazy and rude.

There is A LOT of discussion on Irish Culture, Language, Religion etc if you look for it.

But what you decided to do was start a completely racist thread troll and you got banned for it.

Deservedly so IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

lads i have the answer.

caseyann, have you ever wondered why it's ok for black people to refer to one another as "naggers" but it's not ok for white people to do the same?

Adam wrote: »
    lads i have the answer.

caseyann, have you ever wondered why it's ok for black people to refer to one another as "naggers" but it's not ok for white people to do the same?

I think the proper term is "People who annoy you"

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Irish are neither a distinct ethnic nor racial group...
    Taxonomy disagrees with that.
    Racial discrimination typically points out taxonomic differences between different groups of people, although anyone may be discriminated against on an ethnic or cultural basis, independently of their somatic differences. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination.
    There is some evidence that the meaning of the term has changed over time, and that earlier definitions of racism involved the simple belief that human populations are divided into separate races. [2] Many biologists, anthropologists, and sociologists reject this taxonomy in favor of more specific and/or empirically verifiable criteria, such as geography, ethnicity, or a history of endogamy.[3]

But I don't get into it too much anymore. I like to think the reason you don't see as much yank bashing these days is because I raised hell about it: blanket phrases "All Americans are Idiots" are at least replaced with "I think all americans are idiots" but at least one is stating an opinion and another is stating a falsehood. Falsehoods are harder to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

caseyann do yourself a favour stop reading stromfront.org and citing thier arguements here.

lads i have the answer.

Maybe because they are ignorant and calling themselves the very name that is meant to be oppressive shows they are just as bad as the racists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Maybe because they are ignorant and calling themselves the very name that is meant to be oppressive shows they are just as bad as the racists.

George Carlin:
    It's the context that counts. It's the user. It's the intention behind the words that makes them good or bad. The words are completely neutral. The words are innocent. I get tired of people talking about bad words and bad language. Bull****! It's the context that makes them good or bad. The context. That makes them good or bad. For instance, you take the word "******." There is absolutely nothing wrong with the word "******" in and of itself. It's the racist asshole who's using it that you ought to be concerned about. We don't mind when Richard Pryer or Eddie Murphy say it. Why? Because we know they're not racist. Their ****! Context. Context. We don't mind their context because we know they're black. Hey, I know I'm whitey, the blue-eyed devil, paddy-o, fay gray boy, honkey, mother-****er myself. Don't bother my ass. Their only words. You can't be afraid of words that speak the truth, even if it's an unpleasant truth, like the fact that there's a bigot and a racist in every living room on every street corner in this country.

I never said Irish women were all fat and ugly. Nor have i ever said Irish people are lazy and rude.

There is A LOT of discussion on Irish Culture, Language, Religion etc if you look for it.

But what you decided to do was start a completely racist thread troll and you got banned for it.

Deservedly so IMO!
    Dont much care what you think or assume,i know what i opened the thread for,as i know what my mind,unless you can see into my mind :eek: isnt that amazing are you telepathic? Looks like your powers are false.:rolleyes:

did you just call black people ignorant racists?? wow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

as i know what my mind,unless you can see into my mind

The microscope that would let anyone see into your mind hasn't been invented yet.

tbh wrote: »
    George Carlin:

Have you ever seen me use the word? you lot are way to paranoid ;) criticizing in joking manner other nationalities driving skills calling them ugly and big butts and bad attitudes.Isnt racist seen as Africans are white also so no colour was brought into it.It was yous who made it about race not me.

did you just call black people ignorant racists?? wow...

Never met a black racist? I did.they have a name for themselves,because they are educated they call others the word and consider themselves white even though they are not.

Have you ever seen me use the word? you lot are way to paranoid ;) criticizing in joking manner other nationalities driving skills calling them ugly and big butts and bad attitudes.Isnt racist seen as Africans are white also so no colour was brought into it.It was yous who made it about race not me.
    my point was we can laugh at ourselves. if you're a fat, ugly middle-aged irish woman who drinks to much then that's your problem, it's not grounds to stop irish people being able to laugh at irish people.

defend yourself on the relevant thread if you wish but bugger off with your moral high ground!

The microscope that would let anyone see into your mind hasn't been invented yet.

Speak for yourself,nice to try throw insults to someone who couldnt give a toss.I am sure more education than you :)

my point was we can laugh at ourselves. if you're a fat, ugly middle-aged irish woman who drinks to much then that's your problem, it's not grounds to stop irish people being able to laugh at irish people.

defend yourself on the relevant thread if you wish but bugger off with your moral high ground!

Its not laughing at other Irish people,Its other nationalities coming in and bashing on Irish aswell.They are allowed? i dont think so.
    You are happy with slating of irish and catholics and muslims etc... enjoy.
    If i heard someone say it on street i would tell them shut their faces.Laugh at them selves no right to judge people they dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's not often I say this, but caseyann has a very valid point and all the snide comebacks, nitpicking, bad faith comparisons and personal abuse in the world aren't going to change that.

Why are X Y threads should all be recycled, not least because they are all, without exception, arse-achingly boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement