Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish slating and catholic slating etc...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

who said anything about catholics or muslims?

i give up. you've clearly got some issues but i guess if nobody listens to you you'll fade in to the distance and live happily ever after....the end.

It's not often I say this, but caseyann has a very valid point and all the snide comebacks, nitpicking, bad faith comparisons and personal abuse in the world aren't going to change that.

Why are X Y threads should all be recycled, not least because they are all, without exception, arse-achingly boring.
    have you read this tripe? what point??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

caseyann wrote: »

Yeah i dont see much discussion when it comes down to Irish people or culture or language etc.. its an out and out bash fest.Again just because you were born here doesnt make it acceptable either.

If you don't like "bash fests" caseyann then I don't think AH is the right place for you to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Adam wrote: »
    who said anything about catholics or muslims?

i give up. you've clearly got some issues but i guess if nobody listens to you you'll fade in to the distance and live happily ever after....the end.

If you read the first post,i mentioned catholics and then in few posts later about the muslim slating.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If you don't like "bash fests" caseyann then I don't think AH is the right place for you to be honest.

Yous might not mind other nationalities throwing in how ugly Irish are and how ugly Irish women are and how fat and insulting and taring a whole nation with the same brush.I do i find it offensive and down right rude. And yous even thank them.But if someone conveys the same about another nationality its all out you are a racist or bigot.But they arent?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

have you read this tripe? what point??

The point that it's fine and dandy to open thread after thread after thread after thread to make boring generalisations about Irish people, Catholics, Muslims etc. but not about Africans. This was her first post on the thread; how did you not manage to read that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Its not laughing at other Irish people,Its other nationalities coming in and bashing on Irish aswell.They are allowed? i dont think so.

And what gives you the right to determine that other nationalities are "not allowed" slate the Irish? What are you going to do about it other than gripe on message boards? You should be writing letters to the Irish Times Daily Mail & your local ICP activists.

Anyway, where the hell is all this griping taking place? I don't see any of it in the national media or in personal interaction with people of other nations that reside in Ireland.

The point that it's fine and dandy to open thread after thread after thread after thread to make boring generalisations about Irish people, Catholics, Muslims etc. but not about Africans. This was her first post on the thread; how did you not manage to read that?
    i did, and i've also read every other post, including the one above yours which now states that her problem is with other nationalities slagging off ireland. so is she getting confused or is it just that NOBODY is allowed to slag off ireland?

pickarooney are you a fan of slagging people that can't defend themselves? because there's not that many african people on this forum to defend themselves. however there's plenty of irish and plenty of catholics. who are we to make generalisations or slag off the african nation??? damn right it's unfair and should't be allowed! but if someone tells me i can't take the piss out of myself and my country then i have to ask why can't i and what are you going to do to stop me?

Thank you very much for not slating my posts as racist or bigoted and seeing where i was coming from.I can be a bit unclear at times.Sorry for that :)

i did, and i've also read every other post, including the one above yours which now states that her problem is with other nationalities slagging off ireland. so is she getting confused or is it just that NOBODY is allowed to slag off ireland?

pickarooney are you a fan of slagging people that can't defend themselves? because there's not that many african people on this forum to defend themselves. however there's plenty of irish and plenty of catholics. who are we to make generalisations or slag off the african nation??? damn right it's unfair and should't be allowed! but if someone tells me i can't take the piss out of myself and my country then i have to ask why can't i and what are you going to do to stop me?

If you care to pay attention the thread i made was a joke thread,and the Irish people on AH would defend them.But nothing to defend it was a joke thread i may have over did it with the ugly stuff that wasnt intentional in the way it came across.But Africans are white also so wasnt about race at all.Nor was it trolling or else the Irish threads are troll threads also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If you care to pay attention the thread i made was a joke thread,and the Irish people on AH would defend them.But nothing to defend it was a joke thread i may have over did it with the ugly stuff that wasnt intentional in the way it came across.But Africans are white also so wasnt about race at all.Nor was it trolling or else the Irish threads are troll threads also.
    WTF:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Caseyann even manages to troll the feedback forum!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Caseyann even manages to troll the feedback forum!

Go troll somewhere else,nothing to say because you know my point is right:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I hate their loud voices their rude attitude their assumption of when you approach them about their behavior that you are racist,and start shouting racist racist.And they are all so ugly,i have only ever seen two Africans who are good looking.And what is it with the big butts.Their dress sense is horrendous also.And their driving is awful,they also park their cars where ever they wish and do not know the meaning of courtesy.

Testing testing.

There's definitely racial connotations there, no matter what spin you've decided to put on it. This is the least funny troll post I've ever seen. If you're going to try to make jokes, at least go for something mildly humourous.

Go troll somewhere else,nothing to say because you know my point is right:p

After all of my posts in thsi thread, you think i "know your post is right"?

You started a racist thread and tried to backtrack on it saying it was a joke. If irish people want to comment on ourselves, i don't see a problem with it.

But what you said (and say) is racist. There's no 2 ways about it.

Also, your argument about "other nationalities slagging us off", could you show me where this is so?

After all of my posts in thsi thread, you think i "know your post is right"?

You started a racist thread and tried to backtrack on it saying it was a joke. If irish people want to comment on ourselves, i don't see a problem with it.

But what you said (and say) is racist. There's no 2 ways about it.

Also, your argument about "other nationalities slagging us off", could you show me where this is so?

Here where in is your problem.I dont think evil nor do i incite evil or hate or bad feeling to people because of their nationality or colour or other wise.But because you only see bad all time in your head you cant imagine anything else.
    Been honest not my problem what you think you know because you have no clue of who i am and what i do or what i think about nothing( so therefore i will remember that when Irish and other nationalities post something about Irish women i will take it as how you are taking my thread) .It is a racist thread when you add they are beneath you or bring colour into it or scum or stuff like that etc.... nothing of what i wrote was racist it was a joke thread and criticism of Africans in a joking manner.I added then other nationalities also.
    Tip toe around all you wish.

p.s head into the thread about Irish people and you will loads there calling Irish lazy ugly and Irish women fat ugly and dont take care of themselves and are rude.Plenty of posts in there by non Irish saying it.
    There is so many threads in that Ah insulting the Irish worker the Irish woman the Irish man.

Here where in is your problem.I dont think evil nor do i incite evil or hate or bad feeling to people because of their nationality or colour or other wise.But because you only see bad all time in your head you cant imagine anything else.
    Been honest not my problem what you think you know because you have no clue of who i am and what i do or what i think about nothing( so therefore i will remember that when Irish and other nationalities post something about Irish women i will take it as how you are taking my thread) .It is a racist thread when you add they are beneath you or bring colour into it or scum or stuff like that etc.... nothing of what i wrote was racist it was a joke thread and criticism of Africans in a joking manner.I added then other nationalities also.
    Tip toe around all you wish.

That's just a wall of text and even though i read it, i'm not sure my fragile brain could take it all in.

Can you show me where other nationalities have come along and been racist towards us Irish?

That's just a wall of text and even though i read it, i'm not sure my fragile brain could take it all in.

Can you show me where other nationalities have come along and been racist towards us Irish?

There is so many and not even a infarction.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66969486#post66969486

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66932603#post66932603

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=13602024&pp=25&page=2
    I am not going searching for the others there is way to many threads where Irish is critizised by non Irish.These are prime examples for the Irish been slated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Eh those examples were not exactly KKK material. Far far worse has been said about others.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Eh those examples were not exactly KKK material. Far far worse has been said about others.

Thing is worse than what i said.You are calling what i said KKK material? Are fecking kidding me:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Eh sorry? Does not compute.

hexplode.gif

Try reading it again maybe?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Eh sorry? Does not compute.

hexplode.gif

Try reading it again maybe?

You are again allowing it to be said,other nationalities read it and read from other nationalities what they think of Irish people,and slating whole country.Funny some of the stuff actually said on here got back to me through a friend in Germany.Country is ****ed with yous allowing this **** tar the country.
    I have never seen another country allow the tripe and insults be posted like it is here.
    Anti Catholicism tarred with same brush.Anti Muslim.
    Irish women looked down upon.
    Irish people been deemed lazy site is a joke.

I am not going searching for the others there is way to many threads where Irish is critizised by non Irish.These are prime examples for the Irish been slated.

I a thread asking what foreign people think about us.

Hardly anything like what you said without any prompt!

If you care to read it Op didnt ask any such thing,It was ( Irish people) what do foreigners think about us.

There's definitely racial connotations there, no matter what spin you've decided to put on it. This is the least funny troll post I've ever seen. If you're going to try to make jokes, at least go for something mildly humourous.

Sorry you are mistaken my friends are both white south Africans and they got big butts ;) and they would tell you about it.

You are again allowing it to be said,
    What? No seriously are you actually reading others posts, or just seeing walls of texts and assuming whatever fits your own viewpoint? With respect I really don't see where you are going with this.
    other nationalities read it and read from other nationalities what they think of Irish people,and slating whole country.
    The ones you reference were hardly over the top. Quite toned down in fact. Part of a discussion. Like I said, hardly the KKK and much more strident stuff has been said about many other groups.
    Funny some of the stuff actually said on here got back to me through a friend in Germany.Country is ****ed with yous allowing this **** tar the country.
    If the country is fcuked, do you really imagine it's that way because of some people on a bulletin board? no really? Which comes first? Chicken or the egg? Assuming of course the country is fcuked, which its not.
    I have never seen another country allow the tripe and insults be posted like it is here.
    What? A country allow? Eh the vast majority of posts on this huge site are well within the laws of this land. Well within. So you like a bit of censorship eh? :rolleyes:
    Anti Catholicism tarred with same brush.Anti Muslim.
    Tarred with what same brush? I see now you understand that other groups like Muslims get similar to other religions then.
    Irish women looked down upon.
    Irish people been deemed lazy
    YOu really need to travel. Unless your living in North Korea every single country in the world will have people having a rant about their country. Its human nature.
    site is a joke.
    Then why put yourself through the misery of reading it then? Unless you like winding yourself up? Dont go into AH or wherever and use other parts of the site. there are enough of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Sorry you are mistaken my friends are both white south Africans and they got big butts ;) and they would tell you about it.
    Oh sweet Jesus, post of the day! I actually laughed out loud :D

If you care to read it Op didnt ask any such thing,It was ( Irish people) what do foreigners think about us.

:confused:

What? No seriously are you actually reading others posts, or just seeing walls of texts and assuming whatever fits your own viewpoint? With respect I really don't see where you are going with this. The ones you reference were hardly over the top. Quite toned down in fact. Part of a discussion. Like I said, hardly the KKK and much more strident stuff has been said about many other groups. If the country is fcuked, do you really imagine it's that way because of some people on a bulletin board? no really? Which comes first? Chicken or the egg? Assuming of course the country is fcuked, which its not.
    What? A country allow? Eh the vast majority of posts on this huge site are well within the laws of this land. Well within. So you like a bit of censorship eh? :rolleyes:
    Tarred with what same brush? I see now you understand that other groups like Muslims get similar to other religions then.
    YOu really need to travel. Unless your living in North Korea every single country in the world will have people having a rant about their country. Its human nature.
    Then why put yourself through the misery of reading it then? Unless you like winding yourself up? Dont go into AH or wherever and use other parts of the site. there are enough of them.[/QUOTE

Wibbs thanks for the reply.You really cant see where i am coming from,not your fault i am not explaining myself properly.
    Ofc they do and i am sick to death of that also.
    Not every single country dirty the name of their people and allow others to also.
    Thanks though for been polite and not jumping to conclusions like the internet warriors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Bless.

None of those links are to posts that are even remotely racist or abusive.

You need to look the definition of racism

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement