Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish slating and catholic slating etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I agree with what the original intent of the OP was.. but fcuk me, talk about backing yourself into a corner :pac:

There has been a marked increase in the number of "what do you hate about Ireland" type threads. I think there was 3 of them running concurrently the other day, and another which was about positive aspects of Ireland.. which was turned into an Ireland bashing thread!

I hate those type of threads myself, they're usually full of ignorant generalizations and awful bitterness. There's always an element of self-loathing in AH.. I tend to avoid the threads as best I can because otherwise it'll set me in a bad mood and no thread is worth that!

I think people should have the right to complain about the state of the nation too.. but there's critique and there's cantankerousness, and in AH, threads like that tend to have more of the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I agree with what the original intent of the OP was.. but fcuk me, talk about backing yourself into a corner :pac:

There has been a marked increase in the number of "what do you hate about Ireland" type threads. I think there was 3 of them running consecutively the other day, and another which was about positive aspects of Ireland.. which was turned into an Ireland bashing thread!

I hate those type of threads myself, they're usually full of ignorant generalizations and awful bitterness. There's always an element of self-loathing in AH.. I tend to avoid the threads as best I can because otherwise it'll set me in a bad mood and no thread is worth that!

I think people should have the right to complain about the state of the nation too.. but there's critique and there's cantankerousness, and in AH, threads like that tend to have more of the latter.

And there's a line between critique and racism!

What Caseyann wants is either allow her to be racist or don't allow anyone to critique the state of our country!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

MrStuffins wrote: »

What Caseyann wants is either allow her to be racist or don't allow anyone to critique the state of our country!

Well I'm not going to say whether or not she's a racist.. I think her point was about the Irish bashing, how she went about conveying that was wrong though. If an Admin feels she was racist then why hasn't she been banned yet, and why is this thread still open?

I hate these sort of threads too, where one person is up against loads of others.. it's nasty imo. If she broke a rule then punish her and if this thread is racist then close it

Well I'm not going to say whether or not she's a racist.. I think her point was about the Irish bashing, how she went about conveying that was wrong though. If an Admin feels she was racist then why hasn't she been banned yet, and why is this thread still open?

I hate these sort of threads too, where one person is up against loads of others.. it's nasty imo. If she broke a rule then punish her and if this thread is racist then close it

this thread is a spillover from a thread she started in AH which got her banned from there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

caseyann wrote: »
    Wibbs thanks for the reply.You really cant see where i am coming from,not your fault i am not explaining myself properly.
    TBH its damned hard to work out what youre saying at times. Apologies if english is not your first language. I'd be bloody hard to work out in french.:o:D
    Ofc they do and i am sick to death of that also.
    Who does what?
    Not every single country dirty the name of their people and allow others to also.
    Whats with this "allow" business? If someone wants to say the Irish are a bunch of feckless fatties, then that's their right to do so. A right I would defend. It would also be my right to ask of them how they can walk around comfortably with their head up their arse. Otherwise where's the debate?
    Thanks though for been polite and not jumping to conclusions like the internet warriors.
    No worries at all.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Allow me to be racist are you fecking joking now? Who the hell are you to assume i want to be allowed to be racist,colour or nationality dont even come into it for me.You dont even know me :mad: Hold your assumptions for yourself and for people you know ;)
    If i wanted to be a racist i wouldn't ask your permission or boards i would just go post on ST wouldn't i? Seen as i am not a racist i dont ;)

Allow me to be racist are you fecking joking now? Who the hell are you to assume i want to be allowed to be racist,colour or nationality dont even come into it for me.You dont even know me :mad: Hold your assumptions for yourself and for people you know ;)
    If i wanted to be a racist i wouldn't ask your permission or boards i would just go post on ST wouldn't i? Seen as i am not a racist i dont ;)

So you just post pretending to be racist to troll?

Wibbs wrote: »
    TBH its damned hard to work out what youre saying at times. Apologies if english is not your first language. I'd be bloody hard to work out in french.:o:D

Lol no i just tend to run with it and write to fast :o

Who does what?

The slating of Muslims faith.

Whats with this "allow" business? If someone wants to say the Irish are a bunch of feckless fatties, then that's their right to do so. A right I would defend. It would also be my right to ask of them how they can walk around comfortably with their head up their arse. Otherwise where's the debate?
    No worries at all.

Allow as in it shouldnt be allowed or even entertained,fair enough say we drink to much (me not included i dont drink) or I drink to much same thing.But not Irish drink to much have bad skin are over weight are ugly are lazy are rude.
    Those who say that should refer to themselves and not a whole country.
    Its not observation its down and out slating hating.
    If someone said that to me on street i would tell them where to go and book it fast,anywhere but next to me.I take it as an insult as my family are Irish.
    If you open a thread about another nationality(how many non Irish are on boards does anyone even know? ) its locked and you are called a racist a bigot what ever.

So you just post pretending to be racist to troll?

You just looking for something to say to try feel superior,"oh the would be troll or racist i showed her what for,because i am so much better than her.Even though i just assume i know what i am talking about".(and that was in your voice i wrote that)

You just looking for something to say to try feel superior,"oh the would be troll or racist i showed her what for,because i am so much better than her.Even though i just assume i know what i am talking about".(and that was in your voice i wrote that)

In my voice?........... Riiiiiiight!

Sorry, the last thing i have is a superiority complex. All this shows is your inferiority complex.

I've said all i've had to say really.

• Advertisement

In my voice?........... Riiiiiiight!

Sorry, the last thing i have is a superiority complex. All this shows is your inferiority complex.

I've said all i've had to say really.

Your assumption of you think you know my motives and your name calling shows different.

Your assumption of you think you know my motives and your name calling shows different.

I never claimed to know you.

Everything i've said has been based on your behaviour on Boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i am not explaining myself properly.

Q.E.D.

I never claimed to know you.

Everything i've said has been based on your behaviour on Boards.ie
    My behaviour on boards? what behaviour on boards?
    This thread is about Irish been slated and it been allowed,and whole other countries seeing the sick joke.
    Do you think they will say,oh look at the Irish so open about their faults and so funny they slag themselves off.No they think funny what a bunch of idiots and what a crying shame.
    It is irrelvant and for you to make any assumption about me and my posts.
    I have stood up for what i believe,if you cant think and have an criticism of another nationalities attiudes or dont trust them(because thats how all my racist slagging by certain posters started in first place) without been afraid people will think you are racist.But in same breath say its ok for other nationalities to comment on what they think about Irish and slate them.
    I am talking to someone who has no clue.
    Did Irish get called lazy dirty ugly etc... back in the day? Nice to see the bigoted attitudes are approved of so long as its not anyone elses country.
    Adam wrote: »
    Q.E.D.

C.V.D.

My behaviour on boards? what behaviour on boards?
    This thread is about Irish been slated and it been allowed,and whole other countries seeing the sick joke.
    Do you think they will say,oh look at the Irish so open about their faults and so funny they slag themselves off.No they think funny what a bunch of idiots and what a crying shame.
    It is irrelvant and for you to make any assumption about me and my posts.
    I have stood up for what i believe,if you cant think and have an criticism of another nationalities attiudes or dont trust them(because thats how all my racist slagging by certain posters started in first place) without been afraid people will think you are racist.But in same breath say its ok for other nationalities to comment on what they think about Irish and slate them.
    I am talking to someone who has no clue.
    Did Irish get called lazy dirty ugly etc... back in the day? Nice to see the bigoted attitudes are approved of so long as its not anyone elses country.

C.V.D.

Before i go on, is it possible you can type in such a way as it is not just a big wall of text? Your longer posts are very hard to read.

In relation to your post:
    if you cant think and have an criticism of another nationalities attiudes or dont trust them(because thats how all my racist slagging by certain posters started in first place) without been afraid people will think you are racist

If you presume that an individual might have a particular attitude just because of their nationality or race, this is racism.

You don't understand this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I am actually eating popcorn. Cheesy popcorn, but popcorn nonetheless.

El Weirdo wrote: »

I WAS but i've got none left.

Wasted it all feeding the trolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

El Weirdo wrote: »

Thats Racist

snyper wrote: »
    Thats Racist
    Surely you can tell that I was really joking?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What do you think of the biggest **** hole in Ireland thread?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    What do you think of the biggest **** hole in Ireland thread?

I posted in that thread already.
    There is no biggest ****hole in Ireland,It has it fair even amount in every city and they are the people not the areas.
    Dislike it tarring whole cities as ****holes.

There is no biggest ****hole in Ireland,It has it fair even amount in every city and they are the people not the areas.
    What? There are bad parts of Ireland? How dare you say that about our nation?

Honestly, you take these things far too seriously.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Honestly, you take these things far too seriously.

Well i rather take em serious than ignore them and say its ok,like going back in time.

Well i rather take em serious than ignore them and say its ok,like going back in time.
    Again, WTF?:confused:

You mean like saying something and then back-tracking and saying it's not what you really meant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

stop feeding the troll lads, you'll thank me when the sheer frustration subsides!

Irish people make generalisations about other nationalities all the time, English, French, Polish etc. You make generalisations about black taxi drivers and don't get in their taxis.

Your point is?

Irish people make generalisations about other nationalities all the time, English, French, Polish etc. You make generalisations about black taxi drivers and don't get in their taxis.

Your point is?

That's a bit of a generalisation in fairness!

You must be Irish!

Bleedin' Paddies! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Your point is?
    I never made a generalization,i said had bad encounters so i wont get in with them as i dont feel comfortable.Thats my right.But i dont get in taxis at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement