Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Sporting Braga 19.45

• 04-08-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

All out attack i think tonite celtic to win 5-1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Badabing wrote: »

I hope they go out as they have blocked all tv coverage, so fans outside scotland cannot watch!

I was looking forward to watching this match tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

snaps wrote: »
    I hope they go out as they have blocked all tv coverage, so fans outside scotland cannot watch!

I was looking forward to watching this match tonight!

Fans in Scotland can't watch either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

razorblunt wrote: »
    Fans in Scotland can't watch either!

Why cant they go to the match then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I can't see Celtic doing better than scraping a win, if Celtic go all out attack Braga could score a hatful.

Line up:
    24 Zaluska
    04 Juarez
    06 Hooiveld
    11 Cha Du-Ri
    21 Mulgrew
    22 Loovens
    08 Brown
    16 Ledley
    09 Samaras
    13 Maloney
    88 Hooper

I'm going for 2-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

All out attack followed by all out counter attack. 3-2 Braga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Celtic havent even hit the target yet. Badly need a quality striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

****e

That fúcks that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

**** me, Celtic are woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

this dependence on samaras has got to stop

Definitely a period of transition for Scottish football at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dsmythy wrote: »
    Definitely a period of transition for Scottish football at the moment.

Before they really go downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Trying to decide here if Mulgrew is worse than Lee Naylor, its a close one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Fortune on for Mulgrew. 1-1 Hooper c'mon!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Trying to decide here if Mulgrew is worse than Lee Naylor, its a close one...

Was just thinking earlier "come back Lee". I think he's worse, better at free-kicks obviously, but he's a defender first and foremost.

Maloney may retire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Only just switched on, Braga seem happy to sit back, but now is two goals in ten minutes to much to ask

Only just switched on, Braga seem happy to sit back, but now is two goals in ten minutes to much to ask

3 goals ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

McCourt on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Eirebear wrote: »
    3 goals ;)

Oh yeah oops :o Well looks like it will not be happening anyway. I guess this is a bittersweat result for you Rangers fans, nice to see your rivals lose but not good for the coefficient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

A win is a win tho:) Europa League now

A win is a win tho:) Europa League now

Still need a win to get into that proper too. Should be do-able though, presuming Celtic will be seeded?

Oh yeah oops :o Well looks like it will not be happening anyway. I guess this is a bittersweat result for you Rangers fans, nice to see your rivals lose but not good for the coefficient

Pretty much, although theyll get the coefficient points for a win tonight, and i fully expect them to get to the groups stage at least in the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

snaps wrote: »
    Why cant they go to the match then?

The whole of Scotland should have piled in eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

razorblunt wrote: »
    The whole of Scotland should have piled in eh?

Pretty sure not all of it would have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

PauloMN wrote: »
    Was just thinking earlier "come back Lee". I think he's worse, better at free-kicks obviously, but he's a defender first and foremost.

Mulgrew isn't even good enough as a squad player, let alone as a starter. Who in their right mind sanctioned this move Ill never know... Celtic got the win and will get a couple of coeff points, but Scottish football is in freefall. Have been saying it on this forum for a long time. Not alot more to be said about the game other than good to see Hooper getting off mark. Samaras needs to be paid off and told to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Disappointing Celtic knocked out so early of Champions League but realistically we were never going to do any good in it. However when the draw was made I thought Celtic would give Braga a tough game but over the 2 legs Celtic were poor. I'd like to see Celtic get a run in the Europa League,the extra games would do the team the world of good. As for Scott Brown is it me or does anyone else think the man is not good enough to get on the team not to mind being the club captain? He was poor tonight as he has been for a long time now.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Disappointing Celtic knocked out so early of Champions League but realistically we were never going to do any good in it. However when the draw was made I thought Celtic would give Braga a tough game but over the 2 legs Celtic were poor. I'd like to see Celtic get a run in the Europa League,the extra games would do the team the world of good. As for Scott Brown is it me or does anyone else think the man is not good enough to get on the team not to mind being the club captain? He was poor tonight as he has been for a long time now.

Brown was a decent player at Hibs, but has gone backwards at Celtic. Been said on Celtic forum that he should not be in side yet alone captaining the team. Celtic need to punt McGeady for whatever they cant get and sign a left back, two centre backs and a striker to partner Hooper with the proceeds. I think Lennon would have a decent chance to mould a team then. Fortune, Samaras not good enough and never will be. Can Lennon not see this? If he can see this, but cant do anything about it then fair enough, his hands are tied. Charlie Mulgrew- is there any football fan who thinks this guy should be playing for Celtic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Brewster wrote: »
    Charlie Mulgrew- is there any football fan who thinks this guy should be playing for Celtic?

Yeah, Eirebear!

Yeah, Eirebear!

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour!! I just ask myself time and time again what was purpose of Celtic signing this guy.... He played for club before is the only reason I can think of, and that is not a valid reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Brewster wrote: »
    Brown was a decent player at Hibs, but has gone backwards at Celtic. Been said on Celtic forum that he should not be in side yet alone captaining the team. Celtic need to punt McGeady for whatever they cant get and sign a left back, two centre backs and a striker to partner Hooper with the proceeds. I think Lennon would have a decent chance to mould a team then. Fortune, Samaras not good enough and never will be. Can Lennon not see this? If he can see this, but cant do anything about it then fair enough, his hands are tied. Charlie Mulgrew- is there any football fan who thinks this guy should be playing for Celtic?
    Have to agree with everything you said there Brewster. I can't understand why Lennon bought back Mulgrew to Celtic? Hopper looks a decent signing but he needs a proven striker to partner him because Samaras and Fortune are not up to it as you said. Going back to Brown he cost the club £4.4 million but he's not lived up to expectations. As 1 poster on another forum said was Brown even happy in the 1st place joining Celtic when it's well known who he supported in the past?

Yeah, Eirebear!

:D For a long time to come hopefully!

Advertisement