Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a Silly Mistake - Advice Needed

Options
  • 04-08-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just your sort code and account number i take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Scien wrote: »
    1. Can I ask the company who issued me the cheque to reissue it?

Yes, you can advise them that the cheque is lost, and ask them to reissue it to you.
    They will also ask their bank to cancel the lost cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Scien wrote: »
    Yeah, that's it.. Not much can be done with them can it?

Well stuff can always be done, but i wouldn't be too worried. Cant help think about the Jeremy Clarkson story awhile back, sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Give your own bank a shout and let them know you lost your account details, they can put a caution on your account, which just means that a message will come up on there screen everytime its accessed warning them that you lost your details, it means that bank will take extra caution whem dealing with your account, also means you will be asked for id in the branch when using your account if you dont have your card. But if your nervous, i'd do it. you can remove the caution whenever you want.
    HTH

Advertisement