Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Castlecomer a rough village or was i just there on a bad day?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 8:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im living in KK for the next while so trying to get to know the area and take an interest.I went for a drive to Castlecomber cause heard it was a pretty village and was going to take some pics but i heard i was Limerick or Dublin,there was junkies drunks and loads of skangers hanging at 2pm on Tuesday:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Church avenue is dodgy all right. There have been 2 murders in catlecomer in the last 2 years I think! Comer is where a lot of heroin is coming from to the city. Massive raid out near there the other day, Garda helicopter too. Theres major operations going out there for a small area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I was in the main parts of the village and in the park by the river some amount of dodgy scum in such a small place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yeah it's rough. Comparatively speaking.

How was so many scum let breed there!!

Better there than where I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yes comer is a rough spot. People generally don't give a ****, police force are very rarely around. The park you went to is a nice spot but it's also a hot bed for young ones riding, knacker drinking and getting stoned. I loathe the place. Heroin is rife for such a small community.

And it seems a nice little village tourists would love it,but theres a weird vibe there.Its a good view of small town Ireland that we are turning in a Uk chav nation

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

It's a lovely looking place with a lot of great people but it's blighted by drugs and a fair few scummers. Generally speaking, it's only as rough as Callan or Thomastown would be but it's got a lot more drug abuse going on. And when you compare that to Thomastown, that's a LOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

bigpink wrote: »
    How was so many scum let breed there!!

Possibly because we are not in an autocratic state and people are allowed..... have kids etc

I hear these stories, and I know that there is a significant drug problem, but I am there often and have never witnessed anything untoward.

Seems to be a little tarring of every one with one brush

Welcome to Kilkenny, and good you want "to take and interest" - hopefully you find somewhere that you don't feel the human beings are scum

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Yep, not the most pleasant village. Early mornings are usually ok for walks in the park and stuff, but then there do seem to be a LOT of people hanging out doing nothing on the street later in the day. I suppose there's not too many employment opportunities either though. Or places for kids to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

In my best Welsh type accent; "They could go dig down mine shaft!".

Speaking of which I heard a story about two brothers who were operating a small mine long after the main mines had closed. I wonder if they are still at it.

Comer is pretty but it is an unemployment blackspot. It has a great facility in the park.

Possibly because we are not in an autocratic state and people are allowed..... have kids etc

I hear these stories, and I know that there is a significant drug problem, but I am there often and have never witnessed anything untoward.

Seems to be a little tarring of every one with one brush

Welcome to Kilkenny, and good you want "to take and interest" - hopefully you find somewhere that you don't feel the human beings are scum

Im from Limerick there is plenty of scum.It wasnt a go at everyone from there i was just pointing out what i saw and felt,i think its a lovely village

Its sad for the good people living there and that is PC ireland for ya today

If it's any consolation my rise to power will coincide with the application of a well thought-out eugenics program which will eliminate this problem in a matter of months.

Remember, vote for Fabby and you'll never have to vote again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Tis a bit of a hole alright, even the Alsatians go round in packs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 !Pablo Fanquez!

bigpink wrote: »
    Hi
    Im living in KK for the next while so trying to get to know the area and take an interest.I went for a drive to Castlecomber cause heard it was a pretty village and was going to take some pics but i heard i was Limerick or Dublin,there was junkies drunks and loads of skangers hanging at 2pm on Tuesday:eek:

Oh dear. Sounds like the Comer I used to know..
    Stay classy Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Tuesday? You should go there on Wednesday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Doff wrote: »
    Tuesday? You should go there on Wednesday :P
    Yipee, some gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Incognita

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Tis a bit of a hole alright, even the Alsatians go round in packs!!
    LOL @ this! couldn't agree more. :D

Advertisement